Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/31/2006 7:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Why I Like Judo

WAY back in '84' when I started in "martial arts" I had 3 choices; the stand bys TKD, Karate and kung-fu or at that time its POOR 4th cousin Judo. Unfortunately I chose TKD. So scroll along two years and I make a new friend who rightly chose Judo, to make along story short we argue about fighting styles and fight.. as I remember he got a bloody nose and I got choked out( not tapped CHOKED) changed my life got into grappling soon after cuz it only took one time for me to see the reality of fighting. It was most embarrassing as well as he was about 20 lbs lighter than me at that time. Thats why I dig Judo! b4 Royce made grappling cool Judo was there.Cheers.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2006 8:25pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wrong forum noob!

Posted On:
    3/31/2006 11:20pm

Style: mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yea, not bullshido...

Crouching Philosopher, Hidden Philosopher

Posted On:
    3/31/2006 11:54pm

supporting member
     Style: n/a (ex-Karate)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kokanee king
    WAY back in '84' when I started in "martial arts" I had 3 choices; the stand bys TKD, Karate and kung-fu or at that time its POOR 4th cousin Judo. Unfortunately I chose TKD. So scroll along two years and I make a new friend who rightly chose Judo, to make along story short we argue about fighting styles and fight.. as I remember he got a bloody nose and I got choked out( not tapped CHOKED) changed my life got into grappling soon after cuz it only took one time for me to see the reality of fighting. It was most embarrassing as well as he was about 20 lbs lighter than me at that time. Thats why I dig Judo! b4 Royce made grappling cool Judo was there.Cheers.
    What do you think of Kano's ideas about mutual benefit, social usefulness and best use of energy? Relevant to your experience of training?