Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:45am

Style: Kyokushin Budo Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LolodesBois
    having looked at the site I certainly don't know where drunkMonkey could call 'bullshido'.
    Thanks for that. I appreciate constructive feedback on the site (even when critical). I was training in Belgium last month as it happens. Will be visiting again next month too (twice I think?).

Quote Originally Posted by drunkmonkey
    Healthy scepticism... but aren't purple hearts and medals of honour US military decorations? Just askin...
    Forgot to cover this off on the last post (just want to ensure that there is no further ambiguity).

Bluming's Marine Unit was attached to the US in Korea. The Royal Dutch Marines didn't get up one day and decide to pick on the Koreans. The US were at war with Korea and the Royal Dutch Marines were sent in as back up (twice). Bluming worked with the US military on both deployments of the RDM in Korea (hence the purple hearts).

Thanks again all. Your comments have been appreciated and, if nothing else, I've learned that webdesign should never be my day job!! :icon_mrgr

-Shane.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:52am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually the site is good, simple navigation direct to the point what more could you ask for?

You might just want to put some back story on the picture sets though, that way they won't be taken out of context.

Hilarious comments on the picture on Ronin's visit by the way.
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:55am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Limited experience, If any!! Oh man... If i wasn't always drunk, i could be LETHAL...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 10:02am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually the site is good, simple navigation direct to the point what more could you ask for?

You might just want to put some back story on the picture sets though, that way they won't be taken out of context.

Hilarious comments on the picture on Ronin's visit by the way.

Good point. I did it on the Ronin/Belgium visit and on the "getting started" set. Just never go around to doing it on the marine training day from last year. We'll be visiting them again this month too! I'll be sure to suitably ham-up the pictures this time.

Funnily enough, if you look closely, you'll notice that I was probably the only one NOT wearing black paint. I remember thinking... "Hmmm.... I'm here to train.... not 'play marines'..." :D

Thanks again LB. Where in Belgium are you based?

-Shane.
    Last edited by ShaneT; 4/04/2006 10:06am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 10:07am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I, for one, love those tales of real fights featuring exceptionnal fighters.
    As long as they are true, I see no harm in it.
    Trying to emulate them was one of the main incentives to training in my club.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 10:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm supposed to be working so I haven't had time to do them all... ...but please find the new Marine's Photo Set for your viewing pleasure...:

http://www.mma-ireland.com/photos/marines/

If you're happy with them, I'll do the rest. :icon_rabb

-Shane.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 11:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmonkey

Pat Smith rugby tackeling that 'ninja' guy with the goatee in, i think, UFC II and elbowing him into unconciousness in a matter of seconds...
    HOLY CRAP!!!....This is a complete "aside" but....I watch UFC 2 last night for shits and giggles...what the hell was that Ninja guys name? When the announcers were running through the fights and what they knew about the individual fighters and their respective styles I almost pee'd myself laughing when they got to the ninja guy....paraphrasing here is what they said...

"Well Jim, we don't know much about [insert ninja guy's name] because....well...he's a ninja after all."

fucking hilarious.....

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 2:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneT
    I'm supposed to be working so I haven't had time to do them all... ...but please find the new Marine's Photo Set for your viewing pleasure...:

http://www.mma-ireland.com/photos/marines/

If you're happy with them, I'll do the rest. :icon_rabb

-Shane.
    Hahaha great stuff, love the ninja painting and the 'he missed because he can't see me'.

Shane, I live about 30km south of Brussels near Wavres and the Walibi (or six flags Belgium as it was called the last couple of years).
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/06/2006 4:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I live about 30km south of Brussels near Wavres and the Walibi
    Who knows, maybe our paths will cross at some point! But, until then, thanks again for the feedback.

-Shane.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234