Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 12:39pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmonkey
    Well he must have attacked five little grannies then - cos there ain't no beating five opponents outside the movies...
    Maybe a para-commando is something very special that happens when a para and a commando love each other very very much....

Do us all a favor and......:seppuku: Kill yourself.

Every group has some kind of symbol.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 1:10pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seppuku it is...
    Did I offend you, Is-It-Fake? I'm sorry... Ahem. How would you like to SUCK MY BALLS...
    So you can defeat multiple opponents and believe in all the hype and fervour surrounding special operations units and TMA do you?
    Good luck next time you have to fight off a gang of angry, viscious scumbags...
    I'm sure they'll all be cryin for their mommas after ten minutes in a darkened alley with YOU....

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 1:18pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nope I just know the difference between tall tales and bullshido.

You spew bullshido.

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 1:38pm

Style: mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the kill yourself stuff is getting real tired. am i the only one who feels this way?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 2:13pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by broken fingers
    the kill yourself stuff is getting real tired. am i the only one who feels this way?
    Yeah. If it's really getting to you that much, perhaps you should do the Universe a favor and kill yourself.

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 2:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    odacon - whats it to ya mate?
    I took it that you live in Ireland, I'm just wondering what BJJ school your affiliated with.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:06am

Style: Kyokushin Budo Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow! I'm almost lost for words. :-)

I just did a check on people linking into my website ( www.mma-ireland.com ) and found this thread. Amazes me the conclusions that some people reach really!

Firstly, to those that have taken the time to defend Bluming, Kyokushin and Judo - many many thanks.

Concerning my "McDojo":
    In six months of training, I have never, not one time, ever charged a single red cent for training. Never.

Concerning the style:
    all round fighting is all round fighting, unfortunately, some feel that if it doesn't have a BJJ base it doesn't qualify. Sad really. I guess that Kyokushin is only for babies, our kickboxing is practised by girls in party dresses and allowing a complete novice to wear a head guard until his skills increase is just plain sissy.

Concerning the Para-Commandos:
    they are indeed a Beligian SF unit. Eric Van Vaerenbergh (a Beligian) is well respected as are most para-commandos. Of course, if it doesn't come from the US, then it must be fake... ...right? :bduh:

Concerning the Royal Dutch Marines:
    yep, it's a bit of fun but DAMN HARD WORK in terms of conditioning. Jon Bluming is a highly decorated marine. But, apparently, only "ancient warriors" deserve credit. Those who have been (and are) the warriors of our time in a very real sense should never be honoured for their achievements??? :bduh:

Korea, Japan... ....all a waste of time. Recent tours as personal royal body guard. Doesn't mean a thing. I'm sure that, for Bluming, dodging bullets was nothing more than a "bit of fun" too. Especially the times when the bullets hit and he was awared three purple hearts as "thanks" for his efforts.

Concerning Bluming on the Street:
    Bluming often talks of his exploits from the 60s and 70s. Things were a little different back then, I'll admit. The average "street punter" wasn't as well educated. So, I guess that Bluming should contact the Tokyo Police force and return his Medal of Honour for bravery on the streets and his assistance in protection of law enforcement officers under duress.

Concerning the location:
    yep. It's in east wall, has no mats, no expensive equipment. So, I guess real fighters should be afraid of those dalk walkways and head off to a well lit, well padded training centre. Wouldn't want our "fighters spirit" dampened by uncomfortable training conditions... ...now would we? :tard:

Thanks again to all. And, as always, there is an open invite to anyone that wants to try us out... ...after all... it doesn't cost a penny....

You can mail me at: shane@mma-ireland.com or call me on: 087 7928363 (Ireland)

-Shane, Kokoro Mixed Martial Arts.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:33am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In fairness, a solid enough defence from the man himself, it must be said.
    Bearing in mind, as stated in original post, i couldn't fight my way out of a nunnery, so i'm just jealous...
    Healthy scepticism... but aren't purple hearts and medals of honour US military decorations? Just askin...
    Let's end this here, all visciousness and jokes aside...
    the point, really, is that one would NOT want young martial arts practitioners with little experience trying to emulate the legends of their teachers and heroes out on the street in a bad situation and getting panned or outnumbered or badly hurt...

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:36am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ShaneT, thanks for stoping by, having looked at the site I certainly don't know where drunkMonkey could have called 'bullshido', maybe his screen name is actually a reflection of his state and indeed was drunken when looking at your site...

drunkMonkey

Medals of honour exist in probably all armies in the world...I know that there is one in the Belgian and French army (which is a no brainer since almost everything of the Belgian army was copied from the french).

I will have to check for the purple hart one.
    Last edited by LolodesBois; 4/04/2006 9:42am at .
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 9:38am

Style: Kyokushin Budo Kai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the point, really, is that one would NOT want young martial arts practitioners with little experience trying to emulate the legends of their teachers and heroes out on the street in a bad situation and getting panned or outnumbered or badly hurt...
    Agreed. However, one would also not want one of clearly limited (if any) experience making bold (if not slanderous) statements to the general public without first making some form of investigation.

However, thank's the for the apology. No harm done. Good luck in finding whatever it is you are looking for.

-Shane.
    Last edited by ShaneT; 4/04/2006 10:04am at .
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast