Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA Cage fighter disables machete armed man chased by police

Machete Madman Stopped: Martial Arts Expert Helps Police

By ELIZA BARLOW, EDMONTON SUN
    March 28, 2006

A martial arts expert helped avert a potentially deadly tragedy when a machete-wielding man charged at a city cop in a crowded West Edmonton Mall food court. Michael Jerace, who competes in mixed-martial arts King of the Cage fights, said he was standing in the Phase 3 food court Sunday when he heard a "ruckus" and shouts of, "Drop it!"

A man was darting around the food court brandishing a 12-inch machete in a frantic attempt to shake the pack of cops and mall security guards pursuing him. "It was like a pinball machine, how he was running and jumping on tables," Jerace, 32, told the Sun yesterday. Jerace said a female police officer told him to get out of the way, but then "dove out of the way" herself as the man confronted her.

Jerace said the man was then coming straight for him. Luckily for Jerace and the rest of the food-court patrons, his martial arts instincts kicked in. "I kind of side-stepped him and right-kicked him above the knees and he went down. He went flying and the knife went flying." The man got on his hands and knees and grabbed the machete, Jerace said, but the tumble had given police time to catch up to him.

"The cops started hitting him with their batons, so I just stood there and watched the festivities," said Jerace. "He wouldn't let go of that knife." Police spokesman Karen Carlson said police responded to the mall food court just after 5 p.m. after getting a report that someone was selling drugs and might have a machete.

When the man charged at the female cop with the machete, she made the split-second decision to "back away" instead of drawing her gun, said Carlson. "The main factor in why she didn't pull the firearm out is because of the number of people that were there." Carlson said the man was arrested after he was "tripped" by an unidentified mall patron.

Jerace said he was baffled that no police or security staff spoke to him after the takedown. "I couldn't believe I didn't even get a 'thank you' from that woman cop," he said. "Someone could have been hurt, the way he was going with that knife at waist-level. All it would have taken was for some little kid to be coming with their order." Carlson acknowledged Jerace was "instrumental" in the successful takedown of the man. "The event certainly turned out much better than it could have."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/Edmo...f-1508879.html
    Attached Images  

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    3/29/2006 11:37am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    http://www.kingofthecage.com/pe_10012005.html
    Mike Jerrace (170) of Edmonton then entered the cage against Kevin Manderson of Winnipeg (170) with Canadian bragging rights on the line. Jerrace hammered the ring post with rights and lefts before the bell, but when it rang he was surprising tentative. Finally, Manderson took the initiative and slammed Jerrace to the mat several times with thundering throws, finally following him to the mat where he got the full mount and unleashed a barrage of blows. Jerrace tried to hold him in to avoid the blows, but Manderson would not be denied and pounded out an impressive and aggressive first round 2:45 TKO.
    Machete =/= unimpressive MMA fighter?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/29/2006 11:43am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy ****. Does that mean that the machete are not teh d31dl3y????? :XXknight: My world, my views and every other dogma I held dear have been turned upside down. :viking:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/29/2006 12:12pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    http://www.kingofthecage.com/pe_10012005.html

Machete =/= unimpressive MMA fighter?
    Not really, the guy that beat him just had a great deal more experience ->

http://fcfighter.brinkster.net/fight...ghterID=240527

http://fcfighter.brinkster.net/fight...ghterID=253500
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2006 12:17pm

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Anyone could have done what Jerace did. Obviously the perp was more focused on the cop which gave Jerace the element of surprise. It doesn't mean he's fucking Chuck Norris b/c he tripped some guy who didn't see him.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/29/2006 1:03pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like you MR. Internet E-penis Challenger?

Quit trolling.

That is why there was a crowd of people not doing ****?

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    3/29/2006 1:15pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kungfoolss
    Not really, the guy that beat him just had a great deal more experience ->

http://fcfighter.brinkster.net/fight...ghterID=240527

http://fcfighter.brinkster.net/fight...ghterID=253500
    As opposed to wondering whether most people who know how to kick someone in the leg could do what he did, a more appropriate question is why the hell I still use sherdog to look up fight records.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    3/29/2006 1:17pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well not everyone is a death dealing magic user. I'm sure he would have cast fireball or some other level 3 spell.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/29/2006 2:28pm

Style: Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    Like you MR. Internet E-penis Challenger?

Quit trolling.

That is why there was a crowd of people not doing ****?

Much like Pirate Fuckface, this man apparantly is desperate for as much attention as possible. What is even the point of this thread? This guy didn't save the president, he didn't stop a rape; at best, he saved some Abercrombie wearing jizz connoisseur from getting cut and bleeding all over his overpriced ripped jeans. The cops didn't need him, they would have eventually shot the asshole as soon as the wild goose chase continued long enough. If he did pull a move like Walker Texas Ranger perhaps that would be newsworthy but obviously this man feels slighted that he didn't get more "thanks" and press from this. You don't see Chuck Liddell looking for perps to throw hook kicks at because he doesn't need any publicity and he's not that stupid. Stop gargling splooge for one moment please and listen carefully. My challenge that applied to the white lawn jockey now applies to you as well, asshole. I've already kicked my television in anger at your sheer nerve and I fucking expect a check in the mail ASAP so I can buy a new one. Now I can't watch Survivor tomorrow and that fills me with twice as much anger. I can't believe that you had to open your twat mouth and do it. I'm so GODDAM angry that I'm laughing about it! Have you ever been that angry? Everyone comes to Vegas at least once in their life, and I'll be ready when YOU do. PM me as soon as you have your plane ticket b/c I will **** you up so bad your mother will wish she had had that abortion just to save herself the pain of burying her bayyt boy of a son. Please stop swishing cock paste for one moment and write that check for $1,000.00 and when you acknowledge it is ready I'll PM my address to you.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/29/2006 2:32pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow 2 chaleneges in less than a day. I see you learned from Prirate Jon to ask for a plane ticket. Uhmm...you challenged me, it is only six hours from where you live by car.

No one takes you seriously.

I rolled a +7 and my wizard silence spell was cast successfully.

Oh, you are mad, you forgot to post in red.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast