Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 8:06am

Style: gong fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blooming lotus
    Dont forget that diet and how you feed your muscles has alot to do with how strong you'll be aswell.

... and what about these men who caan lift all that weight and yet can't do 50 pushups in a row?? let alone a couple of sets ... how do you make that out as effective muscle?? .. From my experience, Bwe gives you a better working rom than traditionally weights do but you're right.. It just depends on what your goal is.
    Yeah some people over emphasise afew muscle groups that make them look good but is not functional.

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 4:03pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A simple way to gain stength and endurance at the same time would be: Pick up drop sets, circuit training and compound excercises.

I do four compound excercises, 1 set, drop 20 pounds, one set, and so one until I've done 3 sets, then I drop 20 pounds and do a functional version of that excercise for a fourth set. I only do 5 reps a set, that's a strength range. Then I put up my weights and move on. BW nuts can do this too.

5 reps one arm pushup each arms, collapse on floor for a few seconds, 5 reps one arm pushups on knees each arms, collapse on floor for a few seconds, 5 reps normal pushups, collapse on floor for a few seconds, then 5 plyo pushups on knees.

Use your muscles in a state of exhaustion for a power effort, and it'll be easier to get a second wind in a fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 12:11pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as I know most top fighters, athletes use body weight together with free weights.
    A real champion uses everything at his/her disposal, with out discriminating.

('._.)

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 12:14pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mike Tyson has claimed that he hardly ever lifted weights, he prefers doing thousands dips, pullups, pushups etc. Working with his own bodyweight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 5:44pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSamurai
    Mike Tyson has claimed that he hardly ever lifted weights, he prefers doing thousands dips, pullups, pushups etc. Working with his own bodyweight.
    I've seen videos of him lifting, and I hear that he squatted 500ish in his prime.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2006 11:11pm

Style: Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im sorry that this is probably off topic.

In the warriorforce website article of sandbag construction. The author makes it very apparent that his recognition of 1 mil. is 1/1000 of an inch. How can you write a book if your not clear on the difference between an inch and a meter?

Its not just bullshido that ruins martial arts, its idiocy.

Posted On:
    4/13/2006 4:59pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Crossfit Quote

As an avid Crossfitter and Crossfit pimper, I can testify to its effectiveness and efficiency. I recommend it highly to anyone looking for a fitness program to blend with their martial arts.
    Check out their web site (www.crossfit.com) -- but before passing judgement, dig into it a little bit. Read their message boards and their FAQ to understand their methods and why they do things the way they do them. Then it will become apparent why Crossfit is a perfect fit for martial artists (or just about any other type of athlete).

Crossfit is especially effective for the time impaired -- it's generally just a more efficient way to work out. Work hard, work fast, and rest well. Don't spend ninety minutes at the gym in second gear when you can spend thirty minutes in fifth gear.... :)

-daGorilla

"Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports."

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    4/13/2006 5:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So..uh...

http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/excercise.html

Over on the right are cross fit work-outs, eh?

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    4/13/2006 7:10pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crossfit's cool if that's all your doing, but if you want to do anything else besides Crossfit (such as spar or roll, perhaps?), there's lots of better ways. Crossfit is just too broad.

Posted On:
    4/13/2006 7:25pm

Style: Judo - Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually if you would look around the website at the FAQ's and the free Crossfit journals, most people do Crossfit AND other things. Everyone from Olympic Skiers to MMA types to Special Operations types do Crossfit as their "conditioning" in addition to all those activities they do to enhance their chosen endeavors.
    "Keep a sharp knife, shiny boots and be on time."
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast