Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 8:07pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, I edited my post with links. Thanks for the names.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 8:09pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've watched the vids. Arakan is one of the following;

1. Badly done Wing Chun
    2. Badly done Silat
    3. Badly done empty hand FMA

The sword clips were horrendous, any semi skilled practioner could cut these guys down.

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 8:16pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Australia has many guys fighting in Pride, Shooto, Pancrase, Rings, etc, but yeah, as far as I know those two are the only UFC competitors I know of, off the cuff.

According to the SPMA site (Sinosic Perosh):
    Perosh placed 3rd in the World in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in 2003 and also in 1999, second in the 2000 Pan American and is the current and 7 times Australian Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Champion.
    Elvis has won many titles such as Australian Vale Tudo Heavyweight Champion and AFBJJ Australian and Pan Pacific Heavyweight Champion just to name a few.

Elvis has fought in many organizations across the world, The Ultimate Fighting Championships, The Universal Combat Challenge, RINGS, Australian Vale Tudo Open, Caged Combat and K-1.
    I've personally seen Anthony fight on two occasions, and I was really impressed.

It's easy to find some world class fighters here - Perosh and Sinosic, Daniel Lima, Hector Lombard, : Larry Papadopoluos, and Chris Haseman, just to name a few.

ARAKAN, if you can find out the name of the fellow you mentioned, it should be easy enough to find out where and when he fought. IT may not have been UFC, but it doesn't matter, it's quite possible that he fought in another organization, as most people who don't follow MMA tend to lump the various organizations together.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 8:55pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Crappy __ing __un :::Check,

Impossible Lineage :::Check,

Website write ups about deadly encounters: ::Check,

Website claims about how the instructor is patient, nurturing and inspirational. (claims written by same) ::::Check,

To deadly to spar ::::Check,

Claims to fight in the UFC :::Check.

Yep its another Bullshido Classic folks.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:16pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ARAKAN

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    u have no experiance in arakan therfore no physical evidence ::: check
    U are not from burma, don't know the chief instructor and have no certificate in ancient cultures ::: Check
    Don't need to prove ourselves in a "friendly spar" ::: Check
    You are too proud to admit that there are other unknown effective MA out there whicgh would compromise your own beliefes about yours being "the best" and crushing your ego ::: Check

You are a jerk ::: Check

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:21pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat

ARAKAN, if you can find out the name of the fellow you mentioned, it should be easy enough to find out where and when he fought. IT may not have been UFC, but it doesn't matter, it's quite possible that he fought in another organization, as most people who don't follow MMA tend to lump the various organizations together.
    No one is taking anything away from any of these fighters. Yet, if you play in the AFL you don't say you won the Superbowl. Both have athletic players but, minus Kurt Warner, they are markedly different.

They fought UFC I respect that.

UFC is very specific and it does matter. If you asked and someone said UFC you better be 100% sure.

Fighting wise nope I agree. You fight in MMA you get some respect. If they did fight using Arkan cool. Still if the instructor is claiming UFC that is wrong.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:22pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as it coming from Burma and being what your instructor claims it is, outside of your school's website there should be documentation regarding Arakan. Please list some websites that support the history of Arakan that are completely independent of your instructor and school. That would help the credibility of your art immensly.

P.S. Wikipedia doesn't count.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok, like dead meat said i may have gotten confused with something else i don't know. I *HEARD* an *OLD* arakan instructor (no longer trains) went into the UFC. When he did this he was no longer training in arakan. He had gone rouge, trying to teach his own club. (failed)

When i asked my insrtuctor he did not confirm the rumor. (please read the exact convo) he just said he had *HEARD* he won.

Im sorry if i have gotten my facts mixed up. but that was my point.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No i can't. the instructor and his brother were the only ones to take it out of burma and westernise it. that is why there is no documentaion.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:39pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    ok, like dead meat said i may have gotten confused with something else i don't know. I *HEARD* an *OLD* arakan instructor (no longer trains) went into the UFC. When he did this he was no longer training in arakan. He had gone rouge, trying to teach his own club. (failed)

When i asked my insrtuctor he did not confirm the rumor. (please read the exact convo) he just said he had *HEARD* he won.

Im sorry if i have gotten my facts mixed up. but that was my point.
    Originally Posted by Arakan
    Hmm, i have no idea. I just asked one of my instructors last week.

"I heard that some guy fought in the UFC and got his ass wooped??"
    "Nah he actually won it, there were some other guys who did it and thought they were better than they were."

That was the conversation.

I think the actual fight was years ago. like 10+ i havn't really watched any UFC. seen the odd fight or 2.
    So, which one of your posts is wrong?

There is no "heard" in the above post.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 9/25/2007 9:46pm at .
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789 1011121319 ... LastLast