Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 7:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ARAKAN

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ha yeh on CSI all the time ;)

nah thats cool, i was gunna upload some vids last night but i was to wrecked after training... i'll see how i go tonight.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 7:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    UFC is very well documented, that's kinda the point. Which UFC did they fight in (every event has a distinct identifier), and which one did the guy win? (I have never seen anyone who identified as an Arakan stylist compete in the UFC)

Or when you say UFC do you mean some random MMA promotion in Oz?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 7:47pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmm, i have no idea. I just asked one of my instructors last week.

"I heard that some guy fought in the UFC and got his ass wooped??"
    "Nah he actually won it, there were some other guys who did it and thought they were better than they were."

That was the conversation.

I think the actual fight was years ago. like 10+ i havn't really watched any UFC. seen the odd fight or 2.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 7:49pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    *sigh*

It's not competetion. i've only been doing it for a year. What i ment was, i wouldn't be able to beat a blackbelt watever. They say i would be about at blue or brown belt level atm. Any blackbelt who fight on the street just because should have his belt taken away. thats not cool. average joe, no worries.
    No. Your point was quite clear. You have no understanding of the reality of fighting. See, these schools teach to the uninitiated. You most likely have never been in a serious fight. I'm not talking ha ha shoving at school. I'm talking intent to harm and put you in the hospital. The type where you know you might get charged with assault.

"Billy badass" pft ok, yeh but he has had no martial arts training. i believe in myself that i would come out on top. unless he managed to knock me out in one hit from behind. We train for the worst case scenario. hit before you get hit. we are attackers not defenders.
    That being said i would always try to talk my way out of a conflict. I would only use arakan if i had to.
    There are more dead martial artists, that believed the same thing that you do, than you can imagine.
    So i guess that clears up your point on functional.
    No. The point was already clear. You have no clue.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 7:52pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

"Nah he actually won it, there were some other guys who did it and thought they were better than they were."

I think the actual fight was years ago. like 10+ i havn't really watched any UFC. seen the odd fight or 2.
    10 years ago? Wow get the names, or else someone is lying to you.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 7:53pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The only two Australian UFC fighters that I know of are Anthony Perosh and Elvis Sinosic. There is a TUF fighter in season 6 from Australia as well.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 7:57pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ha ha ha, listen hulk man, we train with intent. that how we train. there is no air swings or theory where we come from. if we don't cover up and do the technique, we get hit. the feeders want to hurt us. they intimidate us. you will only use 10% of your knowledge in a real fight due to the adrenaline and shock. i have been rattled by people much bigger than i. the harder they hit, the more intense i fight back. i myself have had many instances where the feeder was sacred of comming to close. and when we do one for one hits in our private lessons, i loose my attacker mindset because i have no idea where or what the next hit will be.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 7:59pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ha ha ha, listen hulk man, we train with intent. that how we train. there is no air swings or theory where we come from. if we don't cover up and do the technique, we get hit. the feeders want to hurt us. they intimidate us. you will only use 10% of your knowledge in a real fight due to the adrenaline and shock. i have been rattled by people much bigger than i. the harder they hit, the more intense i fight back. i myself have had many instances where the feeder was sacred of comming to close. and when we do one for one hits in our private lessons, i loose my attacker mindset because i have no idea where or what the next hit will be.
    All trained in the safety of private lessons. Like I said, which you avoided, you haven't fought.

You even have the faulty statistics many of us, in bad schools, have encountered.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 8:00pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic
    The only two Australian UFC fighters that I know of are Anthony Perosh and Elvis Sinosic. There is a TUF fighter in season 6 from Australia as well.
    Did either of them win?

*edit*
    Anthony Perosh
    http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...FighterID=9491
    Ufc 2 losses.

Elvis Sinosic
    http://www.sherdog.com/fightfinder/f...?FighterID=281
    Lost his UFC match for the LHW belt.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 9/25/2007 8:06pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 8:05pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Did either of them win?
    Anthony Perosh lost both of his UFC fights, Elvis Sinosic submitted Jeremy Horn but lost a bunch of other UFC fights (he was fighting tough guys though.. like Sobral, Forrest Griffin, Tito Ortiz, etc...)

But more to the point, they train and teach BJJ / Kickboxing in Sydney.
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678 910111218 ... LastLast