Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 10:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ARAKAN

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok no worries. point taken. one question though i do not understand. what makes a martial art BS? is it the fact that the hits are uneffective? the movement doesn't flow? or is it that there is no history? i just checked out the BS thread on Choi Kwang do. and i thought to myself, like you would do at me, how can people be safe learning that?

interesting. I do wish i was more experianced in these required fields to answer all of your quetions. but im not. thanks for the heads up guys.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 10:42pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    Others, im not at the stage where i could fight another "martail artist" yet
    Yet in a previous post you claimed you knew how to kill with your martial art.

You still haven't described how by the way.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 11:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes i did, edge strike to the artery in the neck. also i didn't say KILLING BLOW i said kill. Hammer fist rip through the ribs will caz internal bleeding, crushing the windpipe will caz suffocation. there is a grappling move which ends up with them on the ground with ur head under their chin, (after an arakan technique) then you replace your head with ur hand crushing their airway. different one from the other windpipe crushing. we have moves that blind people, eye gouges, knock out hits. but of course this is making me sound even more BS. ha ha i guess i can't win unless you see it for yourself. oh well.

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 11:06pm

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok no worries. point taken. one question though i do not understand. what makes a martial art BS? is it the fact that the hits are uneffective? the movement doesn't flow? or is it that there is no history? i just checked out the BS thread on Choi Kwang do. and i thought to myself, like you would do at me, how can people be safe learning that?

interesting. I do wish i was more experianced in these required fields to answer all of your quetions. but im not. thanks for the heads up guys.

Do you mind if I ask your age? It's not an attempt to bushwack you or be snide.

As for effective or not, or BS or not I'm gonna give explaining this a shot.

The background: Your teacher is posting a lot of stuff about history. Its very, very common for a person selling something to put it in an attractive package. Its appealing to be shown something exotic or different. My lack of faith comes from no mention of how or where he trained. Or under who. My skepticism is set off by the systems exotic roots but no bridge between those roots and where we find ourselves now.

Also, his repeated retreat into drawing a line between what he does being a combat art and not a sport for the ring. Every major, succesful warrior culture has an extensive sporting background. A lot of war arts are repackaged as sport for peace-time. But personally, I spent over 12 years training in stuff that was supposedly combat based. I got mauled by somebody training for a fight in a cage. And he wanted to use less rules than I did so that wasn't the problem. The problem was that he was training to fight and I had been training to dance. I had sparred and I had hit people but not with the same kind of intention that he did. It made a world of difference. I've been doing the sport based stuff for the past year or more and learned more than the previous 12 years.

The Videos: The strikes are mostly thrown with just the motion of the striking weapon itself, meaning just punching with the arm or just kicking with the leg when you need to involve the whole body in the activity to get the most out of it. I'm not gonna be real good at explaining this but the people it the vids don't looked very relaxed or very confidant in what they do. It looks slick, it looks fast but it doesn't look powerful. And don't give that **** about how, you have to feel it to understand, because I've heard a few versions of that song and they all suck. I know what I'm looking at.

I'm wary of stuff that looks too slick. Slick means choreographed. Slick means pre-arranged and pattern based. Most of look awesome when the other guys not resisting. Its another picture entirely to be fighting a resisting opponent.

BJJ might make you a better ground fighter, but Judo will make you a better dancer.

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 11:31pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yes i did, edge strike to the artery in the neck. also i didn't say KILLING BLOW i said kill. Hammer fist rip through the ribs will caz internal bleeding, crushing the windpipe will caz suffocation. there is a grappling move which ends up with them on the ground with ur head under their chin, (after an arakan technique) then you replace your head with ur hand crushing their airway. different one from the other windpipe crushing. we have moves that blind people, eye gouges, knock out hits. but of course this is making me sound even more BS. ha ha i guess i can't win unless you see it for yourself. oh well.
    Edge strike to the arteries in the neck won't kill unless the edge happens to be attached to a sword.

I've had my ribs broken, my internal organs weren't ruptured and I didn't die (because my ribs did their job). Laughing was a fucking bitch for the next few months, but I have suffered no ill effects since.

It's also not quite as easy as you believe to crush a windpipe. I've been put in chokes that attack the windpipe with far more pressure than is possible with the techniques you describe, and I do believe I'm not quite dead (although I was sick once).

Knock outs are also rather more difficult to pull off than you think. Have you ever knocked someone out? Do you spar?

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 11:37pm

Style: Wing Chun, Hung Gar

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lu Tze you're so full of ****. If your internal organs were RUPTURED, you would be DEAD unless you had organ tranplants immediatley.

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 11:43pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I never said they were... anyway, only people who do the real wing chun can talk here.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/24/2007 11:48pm

Style: Not Currently Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 12:19am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jp, im 21.

Lu Tze, i don't know what kind of edge strikes you are taught, i can only speak of arakans. and seeing that im the only person on the forum so far that TRAINS in arakan i'll take my word over yours. no offence. ;) ribs broken. bet that hurt. was it from an arakan hammer fist? nah couldn't have been cause it uses rip through power and causes internal bleeding. oops, did i mention that already???
    yeh, i was the feeder and got that choke position done on me, in a controlled environment ofcourse. i nearly passed out. actually, we had to *tap* when we were loosing conciousness so that the person doing the arakan knew he got the technique right.

no i have never knocked out someone. although many other students and instructors have.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 1:00am

Style: Not Currently Training

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please explain the nature of "rip through power". What is it, how is it done, and how do you know that it "causes internal bleeding"?
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast