Posted On:
    10/24/2007 12:16am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    jp, im 21.

Lu Tze, i don't know what kind of edge strikes you are taught, i can only speak of arakans. and seeing that im the only person on the forum so far that TRAINS in arakan i'll take my word over yours. no offence. ;) ribs broken. bet that hurt. was it from an arakan hammer fist? nah couldn't have been cause it uses rip through power and causes internal bleeding. oops, did i mention that already???
    yeh, i was the feeder and got that choke position done on me, in a controlled environment ofcourse. i nearly passed out. actually, we had to *tap* when we were loosing conciousness so that the person doing the arakan knew he got the technique right.

no i have never knocked out someone. although many other students and instructors have.
    How do you know that those strikes are really lethal? Have you seen scientific studies? Videos? Demonstrated in real life? Or just word of mouth?

This sounds like a faith-based belief: a belief without evidence, a problem with many "martial" arts. I put martial in " because they're really expressive dance.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    10/24/2007 12:33am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ha ha ha, listen hulk man, we train with intent. that how we train. there is no air swings or theory where we come from. if we don't cover up and do the technique, we get hit. the feeders want to hurt us. they intimidate us. you will only use 10% of your knowledge in a real fight due to the adrenaline and shock. i have been rattled by people much bigger than i. the harder they hit, the more intense i fight back. i myself have had many instances where the feeder was sacred of comming to close. and when we do one for one hits in our private lessons, i loose my attacker mindset because i have no idea where or what the next hit will be.
    That is unless you.. SPAR!

I get adrenaline and shock every time I get punched in the face really hard which is: every day.

So, in a real life situation with adrenaline and shock, I get to use 100% of my technique.

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 5:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Bujinkan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Edited:
    I removed the post since I appear to just be stirring up **** again

and I am assumed to be a "ninja" (I never did make that claim and I am sure if you wish to Booj Bash there is an appropriate place on this forum, tho I do agree the BJK does have its problem children and its detractors, some good reasons, some bad)

It is just a shame that I have been labeled based on an assumption after a single post

peace and respect to you all

TenguMoon
    Last edited by TenguMoon; 8/13/2008 2:07am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/12/2008 9:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ARAKAN

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey guys whats up.

Wow, been ages.

I have been training my lil heart out for this w/e for my upcomming grading. th first belt (of 7). 2 years in the making. I'm PUMPED! 1.5hrs of fighting. heart rate is pushed to 198 BPM, then we have to fight. Throw up timez delux! I guarentee! haha.

Ok down to business.

In my absence i have educated myself on MMA and the UFC in general. Previously i had no idea what these things were.

To TenguMoon,

Awesome stuff man. Nope, im not an instructor. Just a student. Been training just over 2 years now :D i love it!

All the glitz and glamour that you saw at the headquaters, is purley through the instructors passion for the art. They all own their own cars and bouth their own personalized number plates. Also, many of the instructors have lots of ancient burmese tattoos.

To be 100% honest, i agree with you on the website. I think it could be lots better.

I also agree that it is expensive. However i personally think that it is worth the investment. i choose to invest my money into my own personal growth rather than waste it on zero growth consumerism. But thats just me ;)

Sales tactics wise, you gotta do what you gotta do to get business. it's how the world runs.
    The instructors need money to live just as much as we do.

Yeh also, no dojo. I like training outdoors. No soft mats to land on when you fall. either grass, sand, dirt, concrete or bitchamen. lovley.

Its a very friendly community. We, as a club, also raised over $32,000 for the children over in Burma after the cyclone hit the other month.

Ok now getting back on track to the hitting stuff :D

As i have gained more experience, i am training at a higher level (obviously) than when i last posted. More doors have opened up for me as a practitioner.

To confirm:
    Do we spar - Yes.

My own interpretation of sparring at the previous time was incorrect.
    Instructors wear the "UFC" style gloves.

Example - We had an Impact Seminar a few months back. The theme of this one was 'protect you partener' Very intimidating to have 3 big guys, (im only 62kgs... 140pounds???) who are literally 2 times the size of me from 10 meters away. yell "Im going to fucking kill you!" Run at you and beat the living crap out of you. Somtimes i would fend them off other times BOOM! rubber knife came from nowhere. dead.

Ha, i remember getting thrown into a spikey bush where all i could see was leaves in my face, getting hit, managed to get one of them off me but! Needless to say my partener got kidnapped a few times :S but hey, lesson learned. Afterward i felt like i had just crawled out of a car crash. Looking at myself in the mirror, i looked as if i had. cuts all over face, brused knees, legs ect from landing on the concrete.

In the next level up, impact level 7. It was student vs instructor. Im glad i didn't go to that one!!! One student got his knee dislocated through a kick, another shattered his elbow, one got knocked out. that WAS Arakan vs Arakan.

Arakan is not designed to be used in a ring. So you can't really compare it to MMA or UFC. Apples and oranges. MMA takes place inside a ring where all you have to worry about is the guy infront of you.

That being said, am i saying Arakan is better than MMA? No. Am i saying MMA better than Arakan? No.

At the end of the day, im not going to give video evidence or photos to PROVE this is not a BS art. It's not my place to do so within the Arakan community. I also no longer feel the need to prove it. You can think what you think, i think what i think. Cool. We should just respect each other as people doing what we love and growing.

Back to TenguMoon, I also encourage you to take the intro lesson. Amazing! Best thing i ever did.
    I hope you enjoy it as much as i did!!

Thanks guys! Train hard!

It's all about the clinch. The clinch, I said.

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 12:27am

supporting member
     Style: SAMBO, mma, jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Buncha stuff, saving phrost some bandwidth

Give it a rest. You're not going to win any approval here.

We get it. You love it. You've got your 21 year old cheeks nice and spread for this stuff.

Congratulations and enjoy it. I'm glad you're stoked.

But please shut the **** up already. To be crystal clear, no I don't respect that you're doing what you love and I don't respect your "growth."

Tengu, I guess thanks for the outsider perspective on Arakan. It was kind of already obvious what the deal is though.

And not to be an asshole, but having a ninja go expose another cultish school is a little amusing.

But thanks for helping to stir this **** up again.
    Last edited by JP; 8/13/2008 12:33am at .
    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible, without surrender,
    be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others,
    even to the dull and ignorant;
    they too have their story.

-excerpt of the poem called "Desiderata," by Max Ehrman, 1927.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 2:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ARAKAN

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP

Give it a rest. You're not going to win any approval here.

We get it. You love it. You've got your 21 year old cheeks nice and spread for this stuff.

Congratulations and enjoy it. I'm glad you're stoked.

But please shut the **** up already. To be crystal clear, no I don't respect that you're doing what you love and I don't respect your "growth."

Tengu, I guess thanks for the outsider perspective on Arakan. It was kind of already obvious what the deal is though.

And not to be an asshole, but having a ninja go expose another cultish school is a little amusing.

But thanks for helping to stir this **** up again.
    Ha, cute lil pic u got there. Just about sums up your whole mindset.
    What kind of person are you?

i think u need to get back in that ring and have someone knock some sense into you. really. ur attitude is, rediculous. Got good fighting skills? good. Work on ur manners. then on your ego. it's win/win.

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 11:36am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TenguMoon
    and I am assumed to be a "ninja" (I never did make that claim and I am sure if you wish to Booj Bash there is an appropriate place on this forum, tho I do agree the BJK does have its problem children and its detractors, some good reasons, some bad)
    TenguMoon
    Yeah, okay, I'll go with you on that one. That was probably out of line. I was being a cranky little dick. For the record, I held kyu rank in the booj at one point. So don't necessarily have the right to give you **** for training in it yourself.

Its just that it often has all the earmarks of what this Arakan business seems to.
    and listen to others,

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 11:53am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha, cute lil pic u got there.
    Yeah, I like it too.

Just about sums up your whole mindset.
    On subjects like these it absolutely does. I'm just curious why you keep posting here.

What kind of person are you?
    Oh, I help old ladies cross the street. You know, the usual ****.

i think u need to get back in that ring and have someone knock some sense into you. really.
    Without question. But taking a break on fighting at the moment to concentrate on my career and my ground game. I may never step back in the ring again.

ur attitude is, rediculous.
    No, your attitude is ridiculous. I'm not traipsing about on Arakan forums (is there such a thing?) extolling the virtues of MMA. You know the climate here, and if you recall, my replies in this thread started out cordial and patient. Along with posts from an actual instructor of Burmese martial arts telling you you've been sold a sack of bullshit sprinkled with lies.

What are you hoping to accomplish here?

Got good fighting skills? good.
    Nah. They're not that great at all.

Work on ur manners.
    I have impeccable manners. And I also know when to abandon them.

Speaking of conduct and manners, these are common refrains from bullshit martial arts instructors who believe that in order to pass along their bad systems, laced with poor theory and fighting application, they have to also modify the behavior of their students.

And they do. Because if they didn't, people would start to ask all sorts of questions and questions eventually lead to truth. And people swimming in a lake of **** don't want to hear that there are rose gardens not 50 feet from where they are wallowing.

But your instructor's know. They know very well.

then on your ego. it's win/win.
    My lack of respect for Arakan has absolutely no relation to my ego or lack thereof. Again, hearing about "ego" is another thing you hear a lot from bullshit artists.

"Control your ego." Bullshit. They're keeping you down and keeping you humble so you don't think. And its working. Walk into a fight gym and you'll see more examples of healthy ego than anywhere else. These people know exactly where they're at. The fact that your school even has a sales-pitch is a red flag.

If you've got something of quality you don't need to sell it.
    and listen to others,

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 12:01pm

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If people give a **** i could go check this place out this time next month, it is in my city. I haven't bothered to read this thread yet but i'd be happy to go along and do some sparring on the condition it is not ego filled and certain safety standards are met.

Posted On:
    8/13/2008 12:04pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sang
    If people give a **** i could go check this place out this time next month, it is in my city. I haven't bothered to read this thread yet but i'd be happy to go along and do some sparring on the condition it is not ego filled and certain safety standards are met.
    Oh I give all kinds of a ****.

The question is, would it be allowed. I somehow doubt it. But I'd love to see video of that.
    and listen to others,

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 17181920 ... LastLast