224798 Bullies, 3811 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 141 to 150 of 241
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Evil Solvalou is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    880

    Posted On:
    10/19/2007 12:34am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm a complete noob here, but I thought I might throw my 2 cents in anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    do you want audio too? im really good at making grunting angry fight noises you know. kind of like Grrr!!!

    I've already given you the option to send a local bully out.
    You have offered, and that's good, but it seems no one has yet come forward to say they could. If there is nobody that can go than that's just the way it is. Everybody here has a life outside of Bullshido don't forget.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    look dude, i could get 1000 students to come to this forum and tell their own tale and back up everything that i ahve said so far. But the fact of the matter is, you will not except it.
    That's right, I doubt the bullies would except it. Why? Because opinion, no matter how popular, is not always fact.

    A person practising an art is not an impartial critic. Therefore bullies ask for some other type of proof, like video, so they can see for themselves what your art offers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    i can nearly guarentee that someone from this forum went to train and saw arakan for what it is, they would still be negitive because their sense of self, their identity of being right would be stipped away and the ego cannot handle that.
    You seem to be working on an asumption that bullies think they're perfect, that they know all, and anything contradictory to that would shatter their illusions.

    Try to keep in mind that many bullies have themselves practiced questionable or usless arts. They've been there, done that and bought the tee shirt.

    I myself trained in an art for about a year and a half before my teacher one day casually mentioned that his teacher had refused him permission to teach.

    What I'm saying is, a lot of bullies have already had to change their views, have already had their perceptions/illusions shattered.

    I suggest you read this as an example. (If I shouldn't be posting this, just say and I'll remove the link.)

    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60383

    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    I have nothing against anyone on the forum and people are dead set entitled to their own opinion. However, i could get all the proof in the world, every video, picture and book proving it right but people will simply be to arrogant to accept that they were wrong.
    See my comments above. If you provide them with iron clad proof, they will listen.

    That's all, thanks for reading.

    I'll shut up now.
    Last edited by Evil Solvalou; 10/19/2007 12:37am at .
  2. Deadmeat is offline
    Deadmeat's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,014

    Posted On:
    10/19/2007 12:36am


     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you had any luck tracking down the promotional videos yet, ARAKAN?

    You've pointed out for yourself that words alone aren't accomplishing what you want. I'm not mocking you when I say this, but let them see what your art is about for themselves rather than taking the word of a random stranger from the internet.

    If nothing resolves this, I guess I will end up attending a class - but let's not forget that I've already posted a description of my observations about the art, which you seemed to agree with. It's unlikely that anything will change.

    I'm training for a grappling comp in December, but after that I'll hopefully have a little more spare time.
    Last edited by Deadmeat; 10/19/2007 12:40am at .
  3. Mawashigeri is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    41

    Posted On:
    10/19/2007 3:26am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: freestyle karate mma

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was actually going to try to help ARAKAN out, until I visited the site and watched the clips.

    Mate while you should be commended for getting off the couch and training please listen to people here, beleiving that those drills are preparing you for a real encounter is gonna get you beat bad, yes, even against average road rage joe.

    Keep it simple , those defensive offensive drills when trained like that are ( or should) be for sharpening reflexes and getting into the habit of following up. Nothing more, even styles like Kenpo that advocate similar techniques ( best I know of is Jeff Speakmens school, hard sparring, grappling) put a hell of a lot more hip & shoulder into their strikes.

    ARAKAN all I ask is that you attend a Kyokushin school for a month to see and get a feel for real world techniques. A good jab cross, footwork, knees, elbows , & low shin kicks in 90% of altercations is all you need ( a dash of say 12 months bjj wouldnt hurt either) to get you out of the **** against average Joe.

    Good luck, I hope your happy, but just take it with a grain of salt.
  4. stealth_monkey is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    107

    Posted On:
    10/19/2007 3:46am


     Style: Kendo, Iaido, BJJ noob

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to pile on the questions, and especially for a relatively niche part of arakan, but may I ask where your instructor trained in japanese sword techniques? I've never seen a school that teaches the kind of style that was on the video. To me personally, it looks like a chinese weapon form simply done with a kat, but then again, it's always possible I just don't know as much about Japanese swordsmanship as I should.
    Last edited by stealth_monkey; 10/19/2007 3:47am at . Reason: Clarity
  5. It is Fake is offline
    It is Fake's Avatar

    Administrator

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    33,975

    Posted On:
    10/19/2007 8:41am

    staff
     Style: xingyi

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan

    I have nothing against anyone on the forum and people are dead set entitled to their own opinion. However, i could get all the proof in the world, every video, picture and book proving it right but people will simply be to arrogant to accept that they were wrong.
    Let me try it again getting students is not proof. Faith healers have thousands of followers. It in no way proves that they can heal people with the power of God.

    That is my point. You, ex-students, and current students SAYING the **** is deadly doesn't make it so. That isn't backing anything up. The fact you are implying words trump video, pictures, and books is hilarious.
  6. fanger123 is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    499

    Posted On:
    10/19/2007 11:52am


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    back to topic, if the vids on the site represent the skill of arakan, then it's quite poor..
    Last edited by Tom Kagan; 10/19/2007 1:06pm at . Reason: removed reference to troll post culled from thread.
  7. Goldenmane is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    164

    Posted On:
    10/21/2007 7:40am


     Style: Not Currently Training

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ARAKAN,

    There are certain accepted standards regarding evidence/proof. Thus far, you have provided nothing that falls outside of "I say it, so it must be true..."

    You've been provided with ample examples of what sort of evidence might, should you produce them, go some way to helping convince people that Arakan (the system) isn't a (and let's not pull punches here) made up pile of ****. Thus far you have comprehensively failed to provide any backup that falls into the category of "accepted evidence"...

    ..and having someone else simply echo your empty rhetoric emphatically does not constitute accepted evidence. Even if they are a real person other than yourself; and sock-puppets are an ancient and grossly invalid form of support for any argument, so forgive me if I'm a little skeptical.

    So I'll bring it back to the one, simple, and emphatically asked question that you need to answer if you want yourself or the system you train under to have *any* credibility: Have you any proof whatsoever that Arakan (the style) has any validity whatsoever?

    If you have, then please present it. You could start with any evidence that this "ripping power" or whatever you called it even existed, and then go on to prove that you (or your instructor) actually possess it. You'll note that I'm not even asking for historical support for Arakan (the style) having existed in the context claimed on the website. I'm asking: can you or your instructor do what you claim?
  8. Goldenmane is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    164

    Posted On:
    10/21/2007 7:46am


     Style: Not Currently Training

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ARAKAN,

    There are certain accepted standards regarding evidence/proof. Thus far, you have provided nothing that falls outside of "I say it, so it must be true..."

    You've been provided with ample examples of what sort of evidence might, should you produce them, go some way to helping convince people that Arakan (the system) isn't a (and let's not pull punches here) made up pile of ****. Thus far you have comprehensively failed to provide any backup that falls into the category of "accepted evidence"...

    ..and having someone else simply echo your empty rhetoric emphatically does not constitute accepted evidence. Even if they are a real person other than yourself; and sock-puppets are an ancient and grossly invalid form of support for any argument, so forgive me if I'm a little skeptical.

    So I'll bring it back to the one, simple, and emphatically asked question that you need to answer if you want yourself or the system you train under to have *any* credibility: Have you any proof whatsoever that Arakan (the style) has any validity whatsoever?

    If you have, then please present it. You could start with any evidence that this "ripping power" or whatever you called it even existed, and then go on to prove that you (or your instructor) actually possess it. You'll note that I'm not even asking for historical support for Arakan (the style) having existed in the context claimed on the website. I'm asking: can you or your instructor do what you claim?
  9. Amp is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    57

    Posted On:
    10/24/2007 12:08am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    Goldenmane, you're in australia. why don't you seriously come down for a FREE one on one no obligation lesson. I urge anyone in the area to. it's free. they don't care if you don't train, they would just like to show the world what arakan is about. Then you will back up the one-year student. ;)

    Oh by the way, many other MASTER martial artists thought the exact same when they saw the ads in the yellow pages. They took a 1-1 with the chief and were blown away.
    You shouldn't have to guess if you could take an average joe, another martial arts practicioner, etc. You should KNOW. If you don't know what you can do, that means you haven't been practicing real things in real situations. I know perfectly what my limits are because I spar at 80-90% every DAY. I get real world experience EVERY day and believe me, if other techniques worked, I'd use them in sparring. They don't though.

    Oh and a year btw is good amount of time in something. If you've been training for an entire year and don't even know how good are you are, or don't think you can take on a practicioner of another martial arts style, that should tell you something.

    I've been training for 4 months and I'm having my first amateur fight coming up (I train 2 hours a day/ 6 days a week) soon.
  10. Amp is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    57

    Posted On:
    10/24/2007 12:12am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    ok no worries. point taken. one question though i do not understand. what makes a martial art BS? is it the fact that the hits are uneffective? the movement doesn't flow? or is it that there is no history? i just checked out the BS thread on Choi Kwang do. and i thought to myself, like you would do at me, how can people be safe learning that?

    interesting. I do wish i was more experianced in these required fields to answer all of your quetions. but im not. thanks for the heads up guys.
    Martial arts are by definition the arts of fighting. If it doesn't teach you to fight well, it's BS. How do you know if you can fight well? You actually fight, which I do every day when I spar. If you haven't "fought" yet with an entire year of training, that's a sign that it's BS.
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16171819 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.