Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 10:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kali/Box/Wrestling

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ´cos the triangle chokes would be brilliant, then.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 10:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ARAKAN

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ha im glad you can't find any infomation on it. I don't want the world to know what cards i have been delt. closing comments. arakan works. it is effective. it gives you core confidence. and i will not accept anymore comments until someone has come down for that free lesson and proven me wrong. thats it. it is as simple as that.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 10:32pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    Ha im glad you can't find any infomation on it. I don't want the world to know what cards i have been delt. closing comments. arakan works. it is effective. it gives you core confidence. and i will not accept anymore comments until someone has come down for that free lesson and proven me wrong. thats it. it is as simple as that.
    Oh what you have a magic stop posting button?

These aren't the cards you have been dealt. You bought these cards. Are you telling me there are no other schools in your area?

Many people fall for the hype. It is just silly to do in the information age. You have fallen for what many people will do, the exotic I want to do something no one else does.

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 10:33pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mate, no disrespect, but maybe you could start by posting the promotional video(s) when you can.

If that doesn't satisfy everyone, then someone will probably come to a session and check it out.

And would you agree or disagree with the commentary I made about my 2nd hand observations of Arakan as a style? the guy I knew had trained for probably around as long as you have.

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 10:45pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    have no certificate in ancient cultures
    You know, Mate, I lived in Australia for a while (not long enough to learn to like vegemite, but a while) and the vast majority of Aussies I knew were skeptical blokes with heaps of common sense, and a naturally fine-tuned BS detector.

You are either trolling - Bullshido sees this same exact stuff all the time - or hopelessly naive to the point of courting danger.

If A, then **** OFF. If B, then GOOD LUCK.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 10:46pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Deadmeat, yeh well im at work atm so thats no possible right now. i'll have to see if i can tomorrow.
    I agree. Even when i show my mates about it, it is difficult to get the technique across because im not a qualified instructor. I also agree that at first some of the movements (especially a left handed palm strike) IS very difficult. just like throwing a ball with your left hand (or right, if you are left handed.) but i now find it very easy and comfortable while generating huge amount of power.

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 10:53pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are a jerk ::: Check
    OOOO, you got me pegged.

Paradigms are a wonderful thing, yours will shift soon enough.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 10:59pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not called arakan over there. i have no idea wat is is called. Just called arakan here. I havn't really researched it but one of the other students said there is records of it in the first and second dynasty?? i'd have to look over it properly but. but yeh they date back to 2000 bc.

If it is not called Arakan in Myanmar (Burma) then please ask someone who is knowledgeable what it is called in Myanmar. There is perhaps other documentation available under a different name. This would then be a source for those of us here that are skeptical to refer to.

Thnx

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 11:31pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Im not using this as proof i just found this interesting:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaing_%28burmese%29

it may or may not be arakan, may shed some light onto why there is no documentation.

NOTE: i do not think this is the be and end all, but it certianly does support my claims.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2007 1:09am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi I just googled Arakan. The only reference I can find to an MA is from the school you mention (sorry if I missed a post):

http://www.arakan.com.au/home.php

I like the history stuff, odd that they can trace it back to exactly 2666 BC. Also that they can trace a direct lineage to the protectors of the kings of Arakan, who only were allowed into the elite guards by birthright. This would seem to indicate that a lineage diagram could be drawn. Is there one?
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7891011 1213141521 ... LastLast