Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:41pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    No one is taking anything away from any of these fighters. Yet, if you play in the AFL you don't say you won the Superbowl. Both have athletic players but, minus Kurt Warner, they are markedly different.

They fought UFC I respect that.

UFC is very specific and it does matter. If you asked and someone said UFC you better be 100% sure.

Fighting wise nope I agree. You fight in MMA you get some respect. If they did fight using Arkan cool. Still if the instructor is claiming UFC that is wrong.
    Well said mate. What I meant was that if they hadn't fought UFC, but had fought in another legitimate organisation, ARAKAN would still be able to make a point. It wouldn't have as much of an impact, but it would show that someone had applied the art in an MMA situation. claiming UFC without being in UFC is a whole other kettle of fish, but in this case I'm thinking it's a genuine mistake.

Oh, and props for the AFL reference.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ARAKAN

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow sorry man, i must have missed it right after the first word aye?? maybe u shoud read it again.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:44pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    wow sorry man, i must have missed it right after the first word aye?? maybe u shoud read it again.
    No you heard that someone fought.

Your instructor said he won. Huge difference.

Where is the word "heard" said by your instructor?

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:48pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadmeat
    Well said mate. What I meant was that if they hadn't fought UFC, but had fought in another legitimate organisation, ARAKAN would still be able to make a point. It wouldn't have as much of an impact, but it would show that someone had applied the art in an MMA situation. claiming UFC without being in UFC is a whole other kettle of fish, but in this case I'm thinking it's a genuine mistake.

Oh, and props for the AFL reference.
    Gotcha.

Didn't want anyone thinking I'm denigrating MMA fighters.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arakan, Please understand I think it is great you are training and enjoy your training.

My complaint is with your instructor his lineage is a complete fabrication. This martial art does not exist in Burma/Myanmar. My grandfather lived in Burma and my grandmother is Burmese I have travelled to and fought in Burma. His history is absolute crap...complete horses**t.

No fighter from this system has ever fought in the UFC that is a complete lie.

I will tell you have seen no country where the people that practice martial arts are quicker to pressure test than Burma

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 9:50pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    man im not going to get into a lecture about word pronunciation and all that BS. My bad that i had a typo. wateva. i don't care about the UFC thing. he wasn't even an arakan student at the time, he just used it in whatever fighting competition it was, which *I* believed was the UFC. ok?

It was speculation on my behalf. not on the clubs.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 10:02pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's not called arakan over there. i have no idea wat is is called. Just called arakan here. I havn't really researched it but one of the other students said there is records of it in the first and second dynasty?? i'd have to look over it properly but. but yeh they date back to 2000 bc.

Administrator

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 10:05pm

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakan
    man im not going to get into a lecture about word pronunciation and all that BS. My bad that i had a typo. wateva. i don't care about the UFC thing. he wasn't even an arakan student at the time, he just used it in whatever fighting competition it was, which *I* believed was the UFC. ok?

It was speculation on my behalf. not on the clubs.
    You put it on your instructor. So, basically you didn't ask your instructor anything?

That's because you can't lecture on pronunciation. The word heard appears only in your asking of the question. At first, according to you, your instructor was certain. When you saw all of the information provided it became a rumor.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 10:10pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arakan

I really don't care what another student says or what someone told you. In the Rakhine state (Arakan) there is an indigenous martial art. It is not the one you are practicing and the history you are qouting is wrong. There are 4 burmese martial arts dating back to the time of Christ and this is not one of them. That is historical fact.

Posted On:
    9/25/2007 10:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It doesn't matter if something is new or old if its crap. Crap is crap. New crap, old crap, who cares.

What do people think they are proving when they harken their fighting art back to the days of pythagoras?
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910 1112131420 ... LastLast