Sponsored Links Spacer Image

X

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 7:57am

supporting member
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hapmudo - 4000yr old style (founged in 1980s)

http://www.worldmudofederation.com/WMF/histhapmudo.htm

"His experience in Martial Arts extends over 30 years and spans all areas of the Martial Arts. Among others Grandmaster Lee possesses an 9th Degree Black Belt in Hapmudo, 8th Degree Black Belt in Hapkido, 6th Degree Black Belt in TaeKwonDo, as well as Masters degrees in Kung Fu, Judo, Jujitsu, Aikido, Kickboxing, Kumdo, TaiChi, and over 70 Weapons. Because of his extensive background, we are fortunate to have a very complete and unique curriculum in Martial Arts at our schools."

Whoa...

"In his many years of teaching, Grandmaster Lee has endeavored to educate his students to overcome such problems as asthma, chronic back pain, and addiction to cigarettes. "

*Known as "Confucius of Martial Arts in USA"

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 8:07am

Join us... or die
     Style: Shi Ja Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHH !!!!!!

Oh wait, are you still serious ?

X

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 8:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All the stuff is directly copy/pasted from the site... I intend this stuff as humor, but I doubt the original authors do...

Professor of Chaos

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 8:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder if there's any direct relation to the Iron Kim aka John C. Kim ChungMooDo/OomYungDo stuff -- Maybe a former owner of a branch school, because the business plan and marketing sure look familiar.

X

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 1:59pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BUMp (JustMe's fault... his 2345235 posts moved all my stuff too far for anyone to see them ;)...

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/09/2004 2:06pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    a master's degree in kung fu? what the hell does that mean?

was this a nationaly accredited kung fu university program?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 8:48am

Style: Hapmudo &other randomness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

yeah, sounds like cheese

However...I am a former student of Hapmudo. I will say, I never saw that website when I was taking classes, but when I was there, he never claimed any belt in his own style that I remember, but he did state the rest. He received his 9th degree in Hapkido right about the time I started taking classes there, from this little old guy (not sure where from though). The 6th degree in Tae Kwon Do is a new one to me, he was 5th degree back then (I took classes 2000-2001).

The "Confucius of Martial Arts in the US" is a new one to me too.

For as cheesy as it sounds though, this guy really is that good. His style does blend all of those arts (not so much the Tai Chi, but he does teach those classes separately, mainly for the older folks). He started the school not so long ago in PG County and the school in Rockville, MD that I attended was the second one. He had promoted only four black belts with one more receiving his first degree about a month after I started, and about 3 more at the black belt tests later that year.

Each class is very heavily focused on fighting but in a balanced manner. 20 minutes of very intense workouts, 20 minutes of punches or kicks and 20 minutes of forms. The GM would sometimes visit the Rockville school and he ran it hard. This guy is no fat American slouch master. Yes, he does market his school, but this is no belt factory. He and his black belts drive everyone hard, and it did kind of bug me that there was always pressure to recruit friends and family, but for the style itself, it was a great one.

I have never read any of his books, so I cannot comment on those, but of his philosophy that I have heard, pretty cool. Mainly exercise and proper diet.

So yeah, his titles may sound silly, but imo, he is the real deal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 10:28am

Style: Hei Long Gong Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaverickZ
    a master's degree in kung fu? what the hell does that mean?

was this a nationaly accredited kung fu university program?
    If he is a Chinese national he could have a masters degree in Physical Education majoring in martial arts... that would essentially be a masters degree in Gong Fu but I doubt his claims severely.

Also I know one man who holds such a degree. I'm not sure which one of us would win in a fight and I am not exactly the world's best fighter... I mean I can hold my own but I also have refused requests to start teaching martial arts from my English students repeatedly because I don't consider myself ready to do that effectively yet.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 10:35am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnustampa
    However...I am a former student . . .
    Each class is very heavily focused on fighting but in a balanced manner. 20 minutes of very intense workouts, 20 minutes of punches or kicks and 20 minutes of forms. . . . So yeah, his titles may sound silly, but imo, he is the real deal.
    Where is the "focus on fighting"?

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    2/25/2006 11:09am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by whybother
    Where is the "focus on fighting"?
    Yes, when do you actually spar full contact?
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast