225233 Bullies, 4459 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 21 to 30 of 32
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. WunHungLo is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    170

    Posted On:
    3/29/2006 1:11pm


     Style: Jujutsu, freestyle Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing wrong with training accuracy, but there ARE much less pussified ways of doing it. If you're too goddamn cheap to get a double-end ball, you can rig one up with a couple bungee cords, a roll of foam insulation and some duct tape. Five bucks, five minutes.
    You can also make a nice slip bag pretty easily. I used the sleeve from an old judo gi. Fill it with rice, tie the ends shut and attach a cord to hang it form. I added a couple cups full of bb's for weight and hardness. If you're not much good at dodging or striking, it still makes a great tool for Iron Face training.
  2. Crazy Mount is offline
    Crazy Mount's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    90

    Posted On:
    4/05/2006 5:25pm


     Style: MMA, BJJ, Drunken Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In WC they would hang this piece of paper with a thumb tack against a wall so that you would try to strike the paper so that you'd hear the crisp snap of your fist hitting the paper but not the wall which is approximately 1-2 mm away. It's supposed to build control and precision.

    I must confess that I used to do it, but it really doesn't do anything that other exercises can't do. Kind of dumb, but a cheap way to build control or bust up your hand which was the way it was for me as the wall behind my paper was cement. Gave me strong knuckles though.

    Again, kind of dumb.
  3. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    4/05/2006 5:48pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wing chun has some of the stupidest training methods ever
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
  4. Mr.Mundane is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Your wife's closet
    Posts
    314

    Posted On:
    4/06/2006 12:08pm


     Style: Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WunHungLo
    Nothing wrong with training accuracy, but there ARE much less pussified ways of doing it. If you're too goddamn cheap to get a double-end ball, you can rig one up with a couple bungee cords, a roll of foam insulation and some duct tape. Five bucks, five minutes.
    You can also make a nice slip bag pretty easily. I used the sleeve from an old judo gi. Fill it with rice, tie the ends shut and attach a cord to hang it form. I added a couple cups full of bb's for weight and hardness. If you're not much good at dodging or striking, it still makes a great tool for Iron Face training.

    I tried something similar, but it didn't last a day.

    We could turn this thread in a source reading for making your own cheap training material.
  5. MistaKickz is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    148

    Posted On:
    4/06/2006 4:50pm


     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    your trying to snap the paper in half with a punch or a kick. punch/kick at it and when you hit it, bring your foot/hand fast as you can. don't go through.. that's cheating. if you can actually pull it off then yeah it means you have really good technique..
  6. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    4/06/2006 4:50pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    your saying this is to practice snapping your kicks? That sucks.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
  7. BoardHitBack is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    923

    Posted On:
    4/06/2006 4:58pm


     Style: Kyokushin

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaKickz
    your trying to snap the paper in half with a punch or a kick. punch/kick at it and when you hit it, bring your foot/hand fast as you can. don't go through.. that's cheating. if you can actually pull it off then yeah it means you have really good technique..

    No. Knocking someone to the floor means you have done an adequate punching or kicking technique. If they are unable to stand afterward you have done a good punching or kicking technique. This of course, only counts if done in full-contact sparring or in an acutal fight. Otherwise you are just a ***** playing a pointless game.
    Last edited by BoardHitBack; 4/06/2006 5:04pm at .
  8. MistaKickz is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    148

    Posted On:
    4/07/2006 5:43am


     Style: TKD, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well that's why I don't practice snapping paper. I've seen alot of people doing it though. If you watched the Tony Valente video under the "Bruce Lee is rolling in his grave" thread, you saw that he was trying to snap it with his punch.
  9. Coyote is offline
    Coyote's Avatar

    Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,190

    Posted On:
    4/07/2006 7:12am

    supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoardHitBack
    No. Knocking someone to the floor means you have done an adequate punching or kicking technique. If they are unable to stand afterward you have done a good punching or kicking technique. This of course, only counts if done in full-contact sparring or in an acutal fight. Otherwise you are just a ***** playing a pointless game.
    If your opponant is reduced to a fine red mist, you have done an excellant punching or kicking technique.
  10. WunHungLo is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    170

    Posted On:
    4/07/2006 7:53am


     Style: Jujutsu, freestyle Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mundane
    I tried something similar, but it didn't last a day.

    We could turn this thread in a source reading for making your own cheap training material.


    Could be pretty productive, since I don't think I'm the only one who's broke around here.
    My newest toy is a basketball filled with sand and hung on a rope. Naturally, this required a good bit of duct tape. Great for throwing uppercuts and knees, but that fucker is HARD. I'm gonna take some of the sand out of it.
    BTW, a stack of old tires makes a pretty good heavybag.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.