Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/21/2002 12:29am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am left handed .. my combo above might be all backwards for right handed people .. not that its a kata or something .. just some random example .. what's weird is I prefer the right guard .. I also bat right handed .. maybe I am abendextrious .. I can't spell that ..

>> To be bound by traditional martial art style or styles is the way of the mindless, enslaved martial artist, but to be inspired by the traditional martial art and to achieve further heights is the way of genius. - Bruce Lee

The REAL thread killer

Posted On:
    8/21/2002 12:37am

Style: World 10-3 Ryu Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have real difficulty landing anything on someone who is 6'3 and up. I always get kicked away.
    "The longer I live the more I see that I am never wrong about anything, and that all the pains that I have so humbly taken to verify my notions have only wasted my time."

-- George Bernard Shaw

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/21/2002 7:53am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    9 chambers- your standard short knees are used up close. Because you are bringing it straight up, your body shouldn't be moving anywhere but closer to the opponent, if anything. A straight knee's best target is in your enemy's gut. This is not an accurate strike, but a power strike so as long as you make contact, it's good. If you miss with this knee, you'll be of balance so like any Thai kick, make sure you KNOW you'll land it before you throw it. It's a difficult knee to use on a grappler because it's easy to grab. Even if he does grab, however, a full force knee like this, even when blocked, will knock the crap out of him.

A.K.A MEAT
  4. 9chambers

Posted On:
    8/21/2002 6:36pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmm .. cool, I will try some knees out ..

so, at close range come up to the gut (front or side) when he is not so crouched .. maybe after a shove up top when we are wrapped up .. or if I duck under and clinch .. I'll work on it.

>> To be bound by traditional martial art style or styles is the way of the mindless, enslaved martial artist, but to be inspired by the traditional martial art and to achieve further heights is the way of genius. - Bruce Lee

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/22/2002 12:12am

Style: Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Clinch is the position in MUay thai were knee strikes are most effective. In really tight body locks, where front knees won't work, you can use curved knees, but generally those lack power for me (It's one of my weak techniques).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12