Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/29/2006 4:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Honestly, I think you should consider conditioning you shins (and forarms too). If you are going to continuing to this, it good in the long term.

That's kinda the plan (tho, forearms? Doesn't seem particularly necessary...)

edit: my coaches have instructed me to kick the hard banana bag 200 times on each leg every day. I've been totally lazy about doing it and generally opt for kicking the softer bag. I will be changing my ways.
    Last edited by Torakaka; 3/29/2006 4:54pm at .
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/30/2006 2:30pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula

edit: my coaches have instructed me to kick the hard banana bag 200 times on each leg every day. I've been totally lazy about doing it and generally opt for kicking the softer bag. I will be changing my ways.

That sounds good. Also, just sparring more often without the shin pads will help alot.

As for the Forearms there are two reasons for it. I used this think is was worthless too.

1. When doing Bare Knuckle Sparring knuckles tend to glance the forearms. That fucking stings. In MMA fighting when striking forarms tend to hit each other and you get the same effect.

2. On the Mat, in MMA I use forearm to drive into my opponent and use them to deflect incoming strikes. The tougher they are the better.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    3/31/2006 11:09am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula

LOL. Whenever someone tried to blow smoke up my ass by saying I had "potential", I'd tell them I'm too fucking lazy to be any good. :smile:

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    4/02/2006 10:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Villain
    Don't you use the forearms to form the upper part of your shield?

More or less, though I generally stop kicks with my opposite glove so my arm doesn't take any of the impact. My arms tend to be fine. For MMA I can see the use, I just don't think of MMA in my training much at this point (though I guess I should since I do plan to do it at some point).
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213