Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 10:20am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Washington Fights

I got the #### beat out of me and Kat beat the #### out of Restad but sadly got armbarred after following her to the ground (see what you jerks' advice got us!).

My opponent was 10lbs heavier than me, as you guys may have expected from my 'gain 10lbs' thread (I actually didn't even come close to making the weight, they just didn't care), but much to my dismay she wasn't the 10lbs heavier with big boobs and a nice layer of baby fat. No no no, she was 10lbs heavier and fairly ripped and quite likely cut to 145. She also had a few inches on me. When I saw her in the ring across from me my reaction was "holy ####... I hope she isn't as strong as she looks... yeah... yeah, that's right, all that rippling muscle is for show! *Gulp*"

Oh yeah, I was also notified while warming up for the fight that it was to be without headgear or shinpads. The headgear thing didn't really bother me (in fact I was kinda excited about the prospect) but the lack of shinpads scared me as I haven't really done much training without. Everyone assured me that "with all that adrenaline [I] wouldn't feel a thing!"

This was not the case. About midway through the second round my opponent got her first and only knock down on me... by way of shin kick. That's right, she threw a kick to my leg, I checked it for about the 4th or 5th time and my shin had enough. I set my leg back down and my leg hurt so bad I couldn't stay up. I think it probably looked like I got knocked down from a punch since she punched me as I fell, but trust me, it was the shin kick. I can't really walk by myself right now and last night was in a great deal of pain (until the after party of course ;) ). On the bright side (and I'm such a nasty bitch for saying that) the girl broke her foot on my shin and had to go to the hospital afterwards. She had a lump on her foot about an inch thick.

Of course that wasn't all, this girl hit friggin' HARD and wasn't some unskilled thumper like I was hoping for. She was pretty tight and pounded me with straight punches. I got a few good shots in, some nice jabs and left hooks, even knocked her to the canvas with a punch. Threw a couple good kicks, but left myself open and got pummelled. All in all she was too strong, too tall and hit too hard and I was just overwhelmed. It was a pretty rough fight. I'm not dissappointed, though. I stuck in there, didn't get KO'd and didn't get repeatedly knocked down, even blocked every kick except one (during the third round I dropped into my boxer's T stance and started trying to work some pro boxing on her which worked surprisingly well except for the one leg kick I took during the process).

So yeah, rough fight, but it was worth it. Hell, I even got a hundred bucks for travel expenses... plus had all my travel expenses paid for including having my hair professionally braided (me and Kat both got our hair french braided, it was pretty cute, especially kat (adorable)).

Oh yeah, Kat's fight went like this:

Kat sprints across the ring and starts pummeling restad, they clinch up and Restad takes it to the ground. Restad gets in mount and tries to punch Kat but doesn't have any luck with that, then tries to armbar her. Fails the armbar attempts and has Kat in guard. They stall for a bit, then get stood back up. Kat goes back to beating the piss out of Restad and rocks her really good and Restad flops to her back. Kat kicks Restad in the leg, then tries to pass her guard into side control but ends up in Restad's guard. After a bit of struggling, Kat ends up tapping to an armbar.

After the fight, one of Restad's cornermen come to chit chat with us and says if Kat stepped back and made Restad stand back up, she would've KO'd her because she rocked her really good and she was feeling pretty wobbly. Tough break, but at least Kat got to show off her killer striking against a good opponent. She was, of course, the crowd favorite.

Videos to come after we get back to TN.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

DO NOT LISTEN TO ME

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 1:13pm

Style: Kickboxing/Sub. Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just say you got outclassed and beat. Don't spend 2 paragraphs making excuses for why you got beat.

Or how about you talk about what you learned or took from the fight rather than justifying your ass kicking?

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 1:22pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In summation:

Train more kickboxing for Kid and more grappling for Kat.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 1:25pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm guessing from your large article that this was your first loss?You don't have to answer this question you know.I'm more stating a fact.
    Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 3/26/2006 1:27pm at .

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 1:29pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare
    Just say you got outclassed and beat. Don't spend 2 paragraphs making excuses for why you got beat.

Or how about you talk about what you learned or took from the fight rather than justifying your ass kicking?
    She was providing a narrative of what happened during the fights which is something we would have asked her about anyway. What is your full contact record again Knightmare?

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 3:00pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Asshole. First sentence is about getting a beatdown. What more do you want?

Should we bring back the thread where Raynor kicked your ass? Where you whined for multiple pages about not knowing the rules at YOUR OWN gym?

She admitted she lost. You lose and never admit anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I'm guessing from your large article that this was your first loss?You don't have to answer this question you know.I'm more stating a fact.
    No, they always give good descriptions. Her results are at the bottom of her post, in the signature. She has lost twice.

Kat's are in her signature. She has lost once.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 4:15pm

Style: Getting mounted

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tough breaks, but it sounds like you guys learned a lot.

Spatch - are you going to adopt the true Thai path and start round-kicking a heavy bag 100 times a day with each leg now to harden your shins? ;)

Were you guys feeling the aftereffects of your weight manipulation at all?

Acupuncturist / Anesthesia Student

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 4:47pm

Style: Mostly weights now...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

That is the lamest response to an honest question I've ever heard. Your the type of guy that has to beg for sex, and I should know...we can smell our own.

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 4:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry to hear you both lost.

Oh well, you know what is coming now, train harder, better luck next time, blah, blah, blah...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 4:58pm

Style: Kali/Jun Fan/CSW

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Like "Wah, wah, I got robbed at my very first fight and now I don't wanna play no more!"?

Kid, Kat, sounds like the both of you put up a hell of a fight, even if you didn't end up winning. Good luck on your next fights!
Page 1 of 13 1 234511 ... LastLast