Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 5:32am

Style: Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jones
    The Mighty Sifu.

So, THAT'S what happened to Bastion Booger.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 5:49am

Style: ninja-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think true chi gong exists, but this shifu looks suspicious.

it says "You don't have to stop doing what you are doing. But just think how increasing your Chi (Energy Power) could help you improve within the style that you are currently performing" in the website, butif i'm not wrong, you cannot increase your chi. you can only learn how to control it. correct me if i'm wrong.

and the history at the website says that the monks were taught the yin gin ching and the shi sui ching as they were weak. i thought these two sutras are only practised when the monk had achieved a high level of control of their chi, or else they will injure themselves .

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 7:29am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    never heard of this character... bet hes from the south

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 7:52am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by winterz007
    t says "You don't have to stop doing what you are doing. But just think how increasing your Chi (Energy Power) could help you improve within the style that you are currently performing" in the website, butif i'm not wrong, you cannot increase your chi. you can only learn how to control it. correct me if i'm wrong.
    Hilarious!!

--J.D.

Ninjer Pile on Me! Hurr!

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 2:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Bad KB, Worse MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Kave,

Please note I'm not attempting to be contrary but the reasons you listed are a bit too ambigous in my opinion to automatically classify someone as a cult. Many US sports teams at both the high school and especially college level indulge in many of the activities you describe as cult specific. Why? Just like the military they are used top promote team and unity. Could this certainly be used to enhance a cult-like atmosphere as well? Undoubtedly.

However, unless you can provide proof of people doing such things as cutting themselves off from friends and family, giving everything they have to the "sifu", etc...then you are running the risk of opening yourself to potential unpleasant legalities. Seriously, someone charging $100 a week for room and board isn't bad...that's $400 a month and would be considered rather darn cheap in the area I live (especially if room and board includes food and utilities).

Am I saying you a wrong in your feelings? Not at all and my personal opinion is this is the type of dubious arrangement that could potentially lead to your "cult" allegations.

I hope you understand I'm actually trying to help you here. Most certainly Bullshido however.

GG
    MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
    (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 6:19pm

Style: Five Animal KF

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Where is New Zealand?:toothy2:

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 7:57pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Notice in the videos, especially in the first one, the breaks are very clean. No jagged edges were made, just very flat and smooth breaks. Play it in slow mo to see better or still frames.
    Also, why is there no dust???? Breaking concrete, cement all that stuff creates dust clouds and there are none. Evidence of precut breaks have we??

I'm not trying to convince you its bullshit, we already know it is, just pointing this out to educate people who say "look at the video he's a chi cock master!!"

GIJoe6186 like boys, mainly his brother

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 8:07pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gringo Grande: Yes many sports teams may follow similar practices but keep in mind they recruit from already existing teams or enthusiasts. They want people who are already into the sport because not too many people want to sign up out of the blue.

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 8:24pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LI GUY 1
    Notice in the videos, especially in the first one, the breaks are very clean. No jagged edges were made, just very flat and smooth breaks. Play it in slow mo to see better or still frames.
    Also, why is there no dust???? Breaking concrete, cement all that stuff creates dust clouds and there are none. Evidence of precut breaks have we??

I'm not trying to convince you its bullshit, we already know it is, just pointing this out to educate people who say "look at the video he's a chi cock master!!"
    I agree.
    It may not be a cult, but regardless it still sucks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12