Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 12:08am

Style: Kung fu, Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Taoist Tantric Kung Fu - interesting...

I found this site which is supposed to be for some international kung fu organization of some sort. Looking through their pages, they make some rediculous claims. There's a lot of talk about ancient secret masters who do not age living at an incredibly secret temple: the "Secret mountain monastery of light" for a very secret "sect", mystical rituals (some of which seem cult-like to me), a lot of ancient secret chi kung techniques that will, yes, give people "super powers" to put it in their own words, as well as many other things. They use a belt grading system and seem to teach only forms. A lot of stuff on there. They even have a comment about sport competitions and tournaments on their FAQ page!

Q32.Has anyone from Shan Fu Jow ever fought? i mean competitions or tournament?
    Ans. Ha! a nice logical question if coming from someone without understanding martial arts principle and idealogy; Shan Fu Jow was formulated and made by a master who specialized in "fighting only" was made in an area notorious for "fighting only".Great Grand Master Yue , like his father and his uncles was a noted fighter who remained rather undefeated by any master or style.The system was formulated for "BIENG ALIVE" not for showing off at your local competetion nor for sports or points of any kind!Inspite of all restrictions for the sake of testing oneself-

Grandmaster Tiger fought at the HongKong & Macau Friendship Martial Arts Tournament in full contact chinese Lei Tei in 1989. Held in underground Macau city.GrandMaster Tiger & Master Dragon Kamal & Master Leo has fought for 10 long years in various South East Tournaments.Master Dragon Kamal & Master Leo have appeared for over 350 tournaments in Asia and always winning them with very few TKO.

Shan Fu Jow fighters are never allowed to fight for fun! nor sport or games due to its high risks involved.It is an advanced art form which teaches the sacred meaning of fighting rather then usher violence. A Shan fu jow fighter will decapitate and maim its opponent in matter of few seconds or very seriously injure himself and the other.There is no kind of control factor involved. Fight and destroy or dont fight and walk away.
    .A properly trained Shan Fu Jow fighter will break the opponents legs and arms in few seconds and cause immidiate death.
    SHAN FU JOW IS NOT FOR SPORTS/GAMES OR POINTS SYSTEM. IT IS CONSIDERED A WAY OF ONES LIFE AND A GIFT FOR THE FAMILY!

Here is the website. Enjoy.
    http://maxpages.com/mountaintiger

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 12:18am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tantric kung fu... and now I'm thinking about the mysterious cult on top of some mountain studying how to **** people to death...

But man the badassedness;

A Shan fu jow fighter will decapitate and maim its opponent in matter of few seconds or very seriously injure himself and the other.There is no kind of control factor involved. Fight and destroy or dont fight and walk away.
    .A properly trained Shan Fu Jow fighter will break the opponents legs and arms in few seconds and cause immidiate death.
    First of all, :wtfgif9fr then, :laughing4 No doubt, that piece of text goes in the quote box!

While this might be a good ideal for a fight-to-the-death-only oriented combat style... the way they are saying it! and the more than likely scenario that these people are a bunch of orientophiliac-hippies in pajamas... You know what I mean...
    Last edited by Jebuyaga; 3/17/2006 12:34am at .

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 8:36am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Our masters fight in hundreds of fights, but our students can't because THEY WILL KILL JOO!!!!

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 9:30am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Old Chinese Shan Fu Jow proverb:

"Too d3adly for t3h str33t,
    Too 3nlight3ned for t3h ring."

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 10:05am

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I feel a lot of things don't make sense when you look at the history. Sijo Yue left Shantung and went to Kwangtung and learned Tong Long. I could only take this to mean that he left Shandong, went to Guangdong and learned Tang Lang (Mantis)

First of all if he was from Shandong he would speak Shandong Dialect Mandarin which is close to Mandarin but not exactly the same. I know this because I lived in Shandong, I speak mandarin and understand most Shandong Dialect. So my question would be, why is everything in Romanized Cantonese and not Mandarin. He was only in Guangdong for 7 years, this is the only reason I could see him using Cantonese Romanization.

Also no self-respecting Shandongese would learn Mantis in Guangdong, it is a well known fact in China that Mantis originated on the coast of Shandong, consequently it is easy to find Mantis instructors in that area.

It also says in 1911 he fled to his Ancestral home in Sin Kiang (XinJiang in Mandarin) How could this be his ancestral home if his family was Sino-Mongolian? XinJiang is where a majority of the Uighur minority lives, these people have much in common with people of the middle east and do not look Chinese. XinJiang is located in the far Northwest corner of China and I believe in 1911 was not directly unde the control of China. I would assume that if his family was Sino-Mongolian that Master Yue's ancestral home would be far to the North in or near Mongolia.

I am sure they would explain away all of these littel inconsistincies, but I feel they are worth pointing out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 10:29am

Style: Judo, Tomiki Aikido, ??

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainRedbeard
    Tantric kung fu... and now I'm thinking about the mysterious cult on top of some mountain studying how to **** people to death...

But man the badassedness;
    The Venereal Arts are way cooler then the Martial Arts.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 10:40am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A Shan fu jow fighter will decapitate and maim its opponent in matter of few seconds
    I think this HAS to be the greatest iteration of the "too deadly" myth ever. Not only wil he defeat you... not only will he hurt you... not only will he KILL you... he will RIP YOUR FUCKING HEAD OFF - in the first couple of seconds.

Can anyone verify if decapitation is a legal technique in the UFC?

Oh, and out of curiosity, if you're decapitating someone, why would it also be necessary to maim them? To prevent them from being raised as undead servants?
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 10:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maybe lack of maiming is what started all the Hong kong vampire movies.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 12:44pm

Style: Kung fu, Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    I feel a lot of things don't make sense when you look at the history. Sijo Yue left Shantung and went to Kwangtung and learned Tong Long. I could only take this to mean that he left Shandong, went to Guangdong and learned Tang Lang (Mantis)

First of all if he was from Shandong he would speak Shandong Dialect Mandarin which is close to Mandarin but not exactly the same. I know this because I lived in Shandong, I speak mandarin and understand most Shandong Dialect. So my question would be, why is everything in Romanized Cantonese and not Mandarin. He was only in Guangdong for 7 years, this is the only reason I could see him using Cantonese Romanization.

Also no self-respecting Shandongese would learn Mantis in Guangdong, it is a well known fact in China that Mantis originated on the coast of Shandong, consequently it is easy to find Mantis instructors in that area.

It also says in 1911 he fled to his Ancestral home in Sin Kiang (XinJiang in Mandarin) How could this be his ancestral home if his family was Sino-Mongolian? XinJiang is where a majority of the Uighur minority lives, these people have much in common with people of the middle east and do not look Chinese. XinJiang is located in the far Northwest corner of China and I believe in 1911 was not directly unde the control of China. I would assume that if his family was Sino-Mongolian that Master Yue's ancestral home would be far to the North in or near Mongolia.

I am sure they would explain away all of these littel inconsistincies, but I feel they are worth pointing out.
    Interesting. I went through their history briefly and figured chances were something was up but I don't have much knowledge in that area. Thanks for pointing that out.

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 2:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For more fun facts click on the Registry of Instructors" link. Also if they are so authentic why do they use a dan ranking system?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast