Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 12:35am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    I was a CS major, too, I don't just go "Hay d00dz l3tz t@lk in HEX k0d3z ONLY" because I have some damn dignity. :)

I just use it as an excuse of why I have shitty english "sk11lz." Mainly, I have no real desire to improve them.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 12:49am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    I just use it as an excuse of why I have shitty english "sk11lz." Mainly, I have no real desire to improve them.
    Well, that is a piss poor attitude.

Good luck with that.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 12:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, that is a piss poor attitude.

Good luck with that.

Thanks!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 3:08am

Style: JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    Conventional wisdome used to say "double tap," but this has proven ineffective. The new doctine is to keep firing at a rate of one per second until the SOB goes down. It could be one, it could be fifteen. Just keep going until he dies. If he falls to the ground, head-job him to make sure. Gruesome, but this is life and death. It also depends on where you shoot him. Center mass is easiest to hit. The skull contians the central nervous system, but the throat is MUCH softer.:new_2guns

Honestly, if you can draw down and sink the SOB when you're afraid for your life, clean your shorts then let me know, you'll be my hero forever.
    I'm assuming you are basing most of your info on military and possibly police tactics. The military (to be in accordance with the Geneva Convention) and most police departments are shooting standard ball ammunition, which has a much different effect than hollowpoints fired from the same weapon.

The idea of practicing to completely unload your weapon every time you engage a target is in my opinion, moronic. Plus could definitely land you into legal problems depending on the situation (excessive force?) I know, its better to be tried by 13 than carried by 6, but still. Reloading takes time and I've seen many military people fumble a magazine when not even under live fire stress and they practiced regularly.

Not to mention bad guy number two walking thru the door, with a loaded pistol. Yeah again, you'd say who in their right mind would walk into a room after hearing 8-13 shots fired. Maybe the guy who realizes you must be empty and need to reload?

Everyone talks about stopping/knockdown power/caliber/hand gun type, but to be honest; bullet placement is the single most important factor in effecting a quick kill/stop. No other factor is so important. Regardless of the choice of caliber or bullet type, proper shot placement is vital.

A bullet that hits a major center of nervous activity, such as the brain or the upper spine, is almost always lethal, and usually instantly.

If the bullet hits a major blood channel, such as the heart or the aorta, death is generally very rapid, taking place within a few seconds of impact.

If the hit is in the lungs, and none of the major blood vessels in the chest is ruptured, death may take several minutes to occur, during which time the person is capable of some degree of movement.

A hit in leg, shoulder, arm, etc. may be disabling, and may even be (eventually) fatal; but usually it isn't, and the person almost always retains considerable mobility and capacity to respond.

It follows from these facts that bullet placement is the single most important factor in effecting a quick kill/stop. What the easiest most effective way to identify it is this. You want to make the largest cavity possible as deep as possible into the target, if your plan is for maximum incapacitation.

Practice with ball ammo, run hollowpoints for self-defense.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 11:40am

supporting member
     Style: Firearms, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    If he falls to the ground, head-job him to make sure. Gruesome, but this is life and death.
    Heh heh, "security round". In Iraq, I had no problem popping them once in the head to make sure I did the job. ****'em, this is war.

Also..... the .357 sig is kind of a bottle-necked .40. It's a little expensive for my tastes but a good round none-the-less. The Secret Service uses .357 SIG.
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 3/26/2006 11:42am at .
    "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 1:44pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    I don't know. I'm shooting because I want him to die without hurting me...
    Okay, as long as he is still a threat you can continue to shoot him, including if he is on the ground. In a civilian environment if you say something like, "I thought he was no longer able to move but I shot him again anyway", or "I walked over and shot him in the head, when he was lying on the ground" then the prosecutor may get very surly. Never say such things to law enforcement. Its, "I was afraid for my life so I continued to shoot" Cop, "But he dropped his gun!" You "I saw him with the gun and I never saw him drop anything!" Immediately call a lawyer. Do not make any statement, especially a written one, to the police.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 7:06pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are way too many different types of rounds out there to sort out whats hearsay and rumor, and whats fact. If you really want to see what round will work best, go out and buy some large pig bones (or ply wood if you're a pansy or somesuch) sink them in ballistics gel and shoot various rounds off into it.

THe one that goes through the bone and keeps going is the winner. It's most likely to pierce through skull or rib and get something something vital.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 7:24pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    Thanks!

You're welcome
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 7:29pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

That is funny because its absolutely true. My roomate for 2 years was an english major. That conversation happened about once a month :)

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 7:55pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know. I'm shooting because I want him to die without hurting me...
    And edit this statement so it doesnt become peoples exhibit A.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast