Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    Seriously though, that 100 rd. mag, is like 5 lbs. added weight to an already suprisingly heavy gun. It's like 13 pounds. That front handle is on there for a reason. The thing is a beast, it's awesome.
    Does that extra weight help steady the weapon when firing?
    Is recoil a big issue with a heavy-ass gun?

I fired my uncles AK once when i was 10 y.o. Knocked me on my ass. M-16 was fine though.
    :new_all_c

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:13am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Neildo
    Does that extra weight help steady the weapon when firing?
    Is recoil a big issue with a heavy-ass gun?

I fired my uncles AK once when i was 10 y.o. Knocked me on my ass. M-16 was fine though.
    The gun fires nice and smooth, especially with my reloads.
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 1:26am

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nothing hurts the reliability of any firearm worse than a bad mag - they are responsible for 90% of weapon jams with the almost all the rest going to misfeeds. High-cap mags are a bad bet, as is a full loaded magazine. It is best to use a 30 round mag with 28 rounds loaded. Be nice to your mags.

Also, How are you supposed to prone out with a 100 round monster mag protruding from the magazine well? You can't. Even a 30 round mag on an M-4 makes it very difficult, especially if you're a little guy (like me.) It's worse with bullpup weapons like the Steyr AUG - you can't drop and return fire, the best you can do is take a knee, or prone out and return fire gangster syle.

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 9:50am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How is the Steyr AUG, I heard the Aussies had a lot of teething problems with theirs. Note: I have never handled this weapon.

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 10:00am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    Nothing hurts the reliability of any firearm worse than a bad mag - they are responsible for 90% of weapon jams with the almost all the rest going to misfeeds. High-cap mags are a bad bet, as is a full loaded magazine. It is best to use a 30 round mag with 28 rounds loaded. Be nice to your mags.

Also, How are you supposed to prone out with a 100 round monster mag protruding from the magazine well? You can't. Even a 30 round mag on an M-4 makes it very difficult, especially if you're a little guy (like me.) It's worse with bullpup weapons like the Steyr AUG - you can't drop and return fire, the best you can do is take a knee, or prone out and return fire gangster syle.
    That's one of the reasons why I think the FN P-90 is going to be hugely successful. 50 rd magazine that runs the length of the weapon with a clear case so you can see how much ammo you have, and it doesn't get in the way of anything.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345