Administrator

Posted On:
    3/25/2006 1:47am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

The 1911A1... Hard to compare to it

I've been carrying my Springfield XD90 lately, and haven't touched a 1911 for some time. I broke out my fave carry, Kimber Ultra CDP II, and man, do I miss how easy it is to conceal it. I'm itching to fire it tomorrow.

Any other 1911 owners get this way? There's just something about the 1911 and the .45 that just makes you go whoa mutherfucker when you shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    3/25/2006 10:19am

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I own a Colt 1911A, and one of the wonderful things about it is how easy it is to accessorize. For example I'm a lefty, and it only is sold with a right handed safety. Well one trip through a gun catalogue later, I found an amidextous(sp) safety for about $20 which was easily installed. The design though almost 100 years old has the tolerance to permit such modifications, which makes it a great gun.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/25/2006 12:47pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a Springfield Armory 1911. Olive drab slide and frame (SA's armory kote) with black hardware and custom stocks from Rob Simonich.

Shoots like a DREAM

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/25/2006 2:35pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I've been carrying my Springfield XD90 lately, and haven't touched a 1911 for some time. I broke out my fave carry, Kimber Ultra CDP II, and man, do I miss how easy it is to conceal it. I'm itching to fire it tomorrow.

Any other 1911 owners get this way? There's just something about the 1911 and the .45 that just makes you go whoa mutherfucker when you shoot it.

How much do these puppies go in the market?
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/25/2006 2:41pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, there's a saying:

Good
    Fast
    Cheap

pick two

But . .. in this case you only get to pick one and it is "good."
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 3:32am

Style: JJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I get a warm fuzzy feeling every time I fire my 1911, I love it. It is alot to conceal, but once unconcealed it makes a person think.

As soon as my new digital camera gets here from ebay, I'll post pics, cuz its just gorgeous.

Its a Colt, Gold Cup National Match Series 80 in the Ultimate Bright stainless.

Yeah its big, beautiful, loud and expensive. Gotta love it!

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 11:49am

supporting member
     Style: Firearms, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A 1911 Colt Commander was the first gun I ever owned. I got three of'em now. The Colt, a Para SSP and the Crown Jewel of my collection:

The NEMESIS

From the manufacturers website:

"The Nemesis pistol is the tool of the serious shooter, Law Enforcement or Military professional. The Nemesis takes the handgun out of the realm of a strictly defensive weapon to provide offensive capabilities using lights, lasers and the latest LEDís. This pistol frame is front heavy! The full length dust cover and slab-sided slide give the shooter an un-paralleled reduction in muzzle flip and felt recoil. The Nemesis was built using only the best materials and closest tolerances to provide the most reliable and accurate side arm. For starters, this pistol has a course, 20LPI front strap checkering and main spring housing for those times when adrenalin fires or the weather is uncooperative. A serious fighting tool, this pistol features the finest gun parts and sports a Wilson Combat fire control system and sights. The finish is Birdsong Black-T, the choice of the elite teams of the United States Government. . The Nemesis is a serious fighting tool and ultimate side-arm for those professionals who answer the call of 911 and whose lives are on the line 24/7. We at Cerberus Tactical know you deserve the best and have produced in the Nemesis, as in its name sake, the ultimate fighting tool for law and order.

Frame: Guncrafter Industries

Slide: Cerberus Tactical Heavy Slab-Side

Sights: Wilson Combat #428 Lo-Mount Adjustable Rear Combat Pyramid Tritium and Improved Ramp Tritium front

Springs: ISMI Chrome Silicon

Grips: Custom cut Aluma-Grips Black with Tactical checkering (a Cerberus Tactical exclusive)

Magazines: Cerberus Tactical Elite: Gen2 Magazines"
    "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 11:50am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fuckin sexy

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 12:13pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You realize that by showing Anthony a picture of it, your only feeding his gun buying habit :)

In all seriousness will you be bringing one of them overseas with you or using the barretta?

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 12:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    You realize that by showing Anthony a picture of it, your only feeding his gun buying habit :)

In all seriousness will you be bringing one of them overseas with you or using the barretta?
    She stays locked up at home
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast