Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/24/2006 3:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    This would have sounded strange to me a couple of months ago, but recently I saw a video of tag team grappling matches in Japan, so this doesn't really seem to odd now.
    everything is wierd in japan dude, havent you ever seen the Japanese commercial with Bob Sapp in it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/24/2006 8:09pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There used to be a night club in DM that offered "all comer" amatuer mma, boxing, grappling, etc every wednesday night. When there wern't a lot of peole signing up for bout, they would organize tag team sub grappling matches. It was interesting the first couple times I saw it, then it just got boring.

Posted On:
    3/25/2006 3:19am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here in Sioux Falls a couple of years ago there was a tag team toughman boxing event.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/25/2006 3:26am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My OH My!! I fought a couple of times on this circuit when I was like 15 yrs ago. This is how 5 of my 6 fights went: start on line, ref says"Go!" jump forward while yelling "Uht" and touching the back of the fist lightly to the forhead, the one who touched first wins the point OR a front leg round house to the body to score before you get the backhand touch to the forhead. It was a horrible experience, and to this day if I hear that sickly "Uht!" I am flooded with images of limp wristed punches and wet noodle kicks :eatbaby:

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    3/25/2006 3:37am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin.74
    This would have sounded strange to me a couple of months ago, but recently I saw a video of tag team grappling matches in Japan, so this doesn't really seem to odd now.
    Uhh... dude, you should really look at what you just said. It basically translates out to, "I thought that this was weird, but then someone else did it and they belong to a certain group that I have respect for did it, so it's okay because they did it too."

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/25/2006 1:02pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Actually what I meant was tag team karate competitions doesn't surprise me since having seen tag team grappling matches in Japan, I think both are equally odd.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/27/2006 7:47am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Smackgirl used to have Tag Team MMA.

It was funny because one girl kept getting beatdown the minute the tagged in and here partner had to pretty much fight the whole match against two opponents.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12