Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 4:06pm

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think Mega Jesus San is a "stealth troller".
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/03/2006 7:14pm

Style: kickboxing, judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Newaza
    FYI, i know people in both the french and german military. France has a small but professional army mainly used for overseas deployment as they have minimal risk of being invaded. Germany has voluntary conscription for 1 year after men leave high school, which mainly means its large but underfunded and poorly trained (for the most part). Its mainly for show, they are adverse to having any real military power because of you know what.
    Voluntarily?
    Well you have three "choices", as a male:
    1) Go to the military(less than one year, I think it was 9 months)
    2) Say you are a pacifist or something(you actually have to write a paper about your reasons why you don't want to go to the military), if approved do "civil service" for the same ammount of time as you would spend in the military
    3) Be not healthy enough for the military(back problems and such get you out)

As a female you don't have to do anything, of course. But however, if you want you still can do a year of civil service, or join the military. Just don't have to.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 1:18am

Style: Judo + no gi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah i guess the term 'voluntary conscription' doesn't really make sense, i just picked the term up off my german friend as he calls it that. He wiped old people's asses instead of joining the army.
    Last edited by Newaza; 4/04/2006 1:25am at .

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 2:43am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would get kicked out of the german army for inappropriate humor.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 9:41am

Style: MMA/BJJ/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe in the Castle doctrine, however there is no evidence to prove that it has any type effect on overall crime . In fact since firearms are so ubiquitous in Florida you stand a better chance of being fatally shot during a crime in that particular state. I know from first-hand experience because I used to live in Orlando Florida. I always thought it was strange since firearms are so easy to procure they inevitably fell into the hands of people that have no business handling them. You have a lot of dumb people in Florida walking around with the mentality that since they have a firearm.... If anyone messes with them they can and should use it. When in reality this is not the case, any time you get entangled with any state's criminal justice system, there is a chance that things could go South on you.

So before you're thinking about going all "call of duty" on someone, you better be damn sure that this is an appropriate situation to use lethal force. Because you could face serious legal repercussions such as jail time or you could be sued in civil court by the guys family.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 12:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops View Post
    Last I checked, no law was fool proof and people even get away with saying they killed people while sleep walking, therefore it's not their fault.
    Actually, considering sleepwalking is considered automatism, and therefore they do not have the requisite mens rea for the offence, it would be impossible for them to be guilty of murder under any legal system which relies on these values. This includes the US, which shares many features with the UK legal system.

Honestly, you've taken a step too far in this argument..
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 11:29pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why has a five and a half year old thread, itself derailed, been resurrected from the dust it deserved to collect?

Administrator

Posted On:
    10/16/2011 11:51pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The funny part is MMamickey responded to poop loops' sarcasm from 2006.

POWERRR!

Posted On:
    10/17/2011 4:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Boxing.MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol.. I've been away for a long time, I've clearly forgotten how this place works.
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". - Cus D'Amato
    Spoiler:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/22/2011 2:47pm

Style: Over substance

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bringing the discussion back the china issue. True, China has a big army, but they have a bigger economy and europe is broke. Rather than invading, they would just buy France and/or Germany. Hell, Greece is on sale right now.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast