Administrator

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 2:23am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop Loops
    This law would be awesome if not for the fact that some morons are going to abuse this.

Right now it's "You weren't defending yourself! You were ATTACKING!"

Then it'll be "I wasn't attacking! I was defending myself!"

Why the **** would China attack Germany or France? What do they have of value?
    So, what is your excuse for this not happening in Florida? Which has this law?

Other than an emotional response, that is.

Do you know anything about the law? If you did, you would know that the only ones this law applies too are those who legally own their firearms and defend their home/car aka castle doctrine, and for those who have concealed carry permits.

Your ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 2:50am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    For Anthony...

AMERICA IS ATTACKED!

AMERICA on verge of DESTRUCTION!

AMERICA FIGHTS BACK AND

WINS!!!

http://mattabbott.homestead.com/files/bushwins2.mp3

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 2:50am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Magic Points?
    Well yes, but it can also stand for Military Police.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 2:57am

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    So, what is your excuse for this not happening in Florida? Which has this law?

Other than an emotional response, that is.

Do you know anything about the law? If you did, you would know that the only ones this law applies too are those who legally own their firearms and defend their home/car aka castle doctrine, and for those who have concealed carry permits.

Your ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
    I like how you're saying "emotional response", even though I am agreeing with this law (hence, you), just stating that there will be dirtbags that will abuse it.

But go ahead, keep saying I'm wrong. After all, I'm only agreeing with you.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 4:35am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like how you're saying "emotional response", even though I am agreeing with this law (hence, you), just stating that there will be dirtbags that will abuse it.

But go ahead, keep saying I'm wrong. After all, I'm only agreeing with you.
    How are you agreeing with me when you don't understand the law?

You think someone can just say I was using the "Stand your ground law" and it all goes away? What world do you live in?

We have one case in Florida, where it was used. Car reposser who shot and killed the guy who's car he was repossesing. He's going to court due to witness testimony and all the bullet holes are from behind.

Posted this in another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

BJJ wins again!

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 9:54am

supporting member
     Style: Guns

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There's a lot of hullabaloo about this law because it's easy to call it "License to Murder" and then sit back and watch people froth.

However, the principle this law establishes is already the law of the land in many states and has been for longer than anyone posting to this board has been alive.

It's just not that big a deal, folks. It corrects an issue with self-defense in Florida, that's all.

**** you math class

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 10:04am

supporting member
     Style: TKD, Ballet, Archery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    This is bad math, MJS, and you know it.

China is a nation of a billion people. That's Billiion, with a b, as in "boy that's a big fucking army"

They don't need as many soldiers per thousand. That have many, many more thousands to take up the balance, enough that they have the largest standing army in the world by about 1.2 million troops. They also have the second or third largest military budget in the world.

Please use statistics for good and not evil in the future.
    I'm not saying Germany and France are militristic nations with million-man armies, just waiting to go subjugate the savages, just that calling them defenseless is a retarded thing to say. I think Germany in France come in around 20 in terms of military size, so chances are they can withstand an attack by any conceivable aggressor.

Way to jump into a conversation with insufficent knowledge, say something retarded, and declare yourself the winner, asshat.
    I just called you (Was it you? You're all the same to me) an idiot, I don't think I ever said I won anything. I should win something though, like a medal. I think taking time out of my busy schedule to educate the masses is worth at least a medal.

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 8:04pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, you tried to make it sound like they had armies that could stand off against china's because they were more warlike because they had "more soldiers per X number of citizens"

that just doesn't work.

They are defenseless next to china.

Hell, china could concievably give us a real sporting run.

France and germany together mount a military less then one quarter the size of China's. They have expensive militaries as first world nations, but the ability to put a few hundred thousand soldiers on the ground matters, too.

What would save them would be Russia, not their militaries. I also happen to think that china would have trouble deploying its army fully or quickly, as they need much of it for domestic control, and I think if they entered a war with the european bloc, or with the US, they'd find our armies would double or triple with volunteers, whereas they would likely have to draft people.

China's recent moves in the global heavy industry sectors make me wonder if they aren't getting ready for a big modernization push sometime in the next few decades, though.

And, no, that wasn't me. Friends don't call freinds asshats.
    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 3/26/2006 8:15pm at .
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 8:27pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    How are you agreeing with me when you don't understand the law?

You think someone can just say I was using the "Stand your ground law" and it all goes away? What world do you live in?

We have one case in Florida, where it was used. Car reposser who shot and killed the guy who's car he was repossesing. He's going to court due to witness testimony and all the bullet holes are from behind.

Posted this in another thread.
    Last I checked, no law was fool proof and people even get away with saying they killed people while sleep walking, therefore it's not their fault.

What's there to understand about it?

Now: If you have a chance to run away, you'd better do it or you'll be tried for murder (the article states that this never even happens in practice)

When law takes effect: You can do whatever you need to to someone who is attacking you in order to defend yourself without, worrying about being tried for murder.

Unless there is something I'm missing? Or maybe you're just "trolling" again?

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    3/26/2006 8:34pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Juries are rather skeptical about a defense of sleepwalking, and it has only worked a few times as a defense.

The one big prominent case in the US in 1999 that everybody thinks of - the morman that stabbed his wife 44 times - a guilty verdict was returned.

"can use as a defense" in the us is like "can get sued for" in the us - you can say any damn thing in court, but it may or may not stick to the wall.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 567 LastLast