Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 1:24pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gary Moro

Yet another martial artist who based his life on Bloodsport...

Roundeye Gary Moro gets hooked up with demanding Japanese teacher in San Francisco through teacher's young son. After years of arduous training, he is accepted as one of the family and becomes an inheritor of the art. After the teacher's son is killed in an accident, the devastated teacher moves back to Japan with his grown daughter and dies shortly thereafter. The daughter is never heard from again.

http://www.yachigusaryu.com/HistoyOfTheRyu.html

The big mistake made by Moro, though, was that since the son grew up in San Francisco, there should be some kind of record of him--and yet Moro can produce no evidence of his existence. Moro just had to have that in the script, though--the teacher's son as a buddy of the Roundeye! There's nothing funnier than watching a fraud trip himself up like that!

There was a thread over on E-Budo about this, but it got locked down along with all the other Baffling Budo threads for some reason. I thought it would be a good idea to put Moro under the spotlight over here...

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 1:49pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hiroshi Yachigusa was not a man of stature, never sought out fortune or fame, and never accomplished anything the history books will record. When Gary met him he was 73 years old, 5-1, maybe 105 pounds. He looked like the wind could blow him over, yet there was something in his eyes that masked his frail appearance. Yachigusa Sensei was a man of contrasts. When training and/or teaching he could be extremely harsh, and demanded perfection. He was a demon when he wielded his spear, and unforgiving as an opponent. He held nothing back, and expected the same in return. In his personal life he was a man of peace, and a recluse who was content to spend hours arranging flowers or working in his garden. He loved the beach which he went to daily, and spent the rest of his free time studying philosophy, reading and copying old texts (calligraphy). He may not have been a samurai, or even desired to be one, but the warrior arts and ethics instilled in him by his father were always present.

Someone had a man-crush on Pat Morita.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 1:49pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Over the years Gary Moro has become a member of numerous martial arts organizations. Through these organizations he has the opportunity to be taught by some very well known and respected instructors, as well as giving them the opportunity to learn from him.

Some of the organizations he is a member of are:*

Ao Denko Jutsu - founded by Prof. Rick Clark (rank pending)

ATAMA (American Teachers Association of the Martial Arts) - founded by Duke Moore. Gary was awarded 5th Dan Black Belt rank by ATAMA.

ISOK (International Society of Okinawan/Japanese Karate-Do) founded by Prof. Bernd Weiss.

PAWMA (Pacific Associateion of Women Martial Artists) - Gary Moro is considered a sponsoring school, which supports their efforts in getting women involved in the martial arts.

WCAF (World Combat Arts Association) - founded by Grandmaster Ed Annibal. Gary Moro was awarded a 6th Dan Black Belt by the WCAF.

*While a member of these organizations it does not mean he involves himself in any with their politics, supports or justifies their positions on the merits, abilities, or skills of instructors related, or not related, within their organizations, or believes one organization has more validity to represent the arts than another. "

He is in an organization headed by rick clark. One of Dilmans assclowns. I see the infamous World combat arts Ass. And my favorite is the dissclaimer he puts on his own look at me info

*While a member of these organizations it does not mean he involves himself in any with their politics, supports or justifies their positions on the merits, abilities, or skills of instructors related, or not related, within their organizations, or believes one organization has more validity to represent the arts than another. "

He makes it seem like they asked HIM to join and he is doing them a favor. He had to pay money to belong to each and every one of these craptastic fucked up orgs.

I wonder why he has no ties to any japanese organizations? That is realy odd.

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 2:38pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateJon
    Someone had a man-crush on Pat Morita.
    Why not mix a little Karate Kid in with Bloodsport?

I'd like to leave this world like I came into it: Screaming, naked & covered in someone else's blood

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 3:24pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai (BJJ hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do these clowns think that no-one else has seen Bloodsport? I wonder if they even know how much truth there is in Dux's claims.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 4:02pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    And my favorite is the dissclaimer he puts on his own look at me info

Translation: Do not hold me in anyway responsible for the company I keep. I just paid for the rank.

I wonder why he has no ties to any japanese organizations? That is realy odd.
    He might have to train.

--J.D.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 4:59pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckofDeath
    There was a thread over on E-Budo about this, but it got locked down along with all the other Baffling Budo threads for some reason. I thought it would be a good idea to put Moro under the spotlight over here...
    Probably cuase they are getting sued for the Kogunin Ninjas. I don't think they want anymore lawsuits for now :)

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 5:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gary Moro trained with Yachigusa Sensei for 14 years. After several years of hard work Gary was accepted into, and considered one of the family. Unfortunately, while considered a member of the family Yachigusa Sensei was not very open about sharing information about his life, or his family history. As a result little is known about Yachigusa Sensei’s past, or family history.
    Buzzer! Bullshido Evidence:

The Japanese are VERY anal about history lineages, creation of the art, etc. Even Japanese arst created in the last 50 years have Scrolls and lineage charts, including records of who is licensed.

Therefore, it very hard to believe, that even a "member of the family" wouldn't be told this information. Hell most, if not all, schools make publically available there list of Grandmasters and origin stories.

I call Bullshido on this.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 5:09pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While trying to research the history of Hiroshi Yachigusa it is important to know that “Yachigusa” was not the family surname prior to, and for the most part during, the Tokugawa period. This makes researching the family history via that name impossible. The original family surname was most likely “Watanabe,” which was the surname of Hiroshi Yachigusa’s eldest brother.
    Buzzer, More bullshido!

So you can't research the history because they changed their name, how convivent. I said before the Japanese are anal about lineage charts. want can he do to save face?......Claim to be a Watanabe. Looks like he is trying to associate himself with Shinkage Ryu Kenjutsu.

Man, even I can make up a better lineage then this dribble.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 7:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He wears skirts, nuff said....
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast