Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 3:14pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninPimp
    -And WTF with the editing of posts? That's a BITCH move...
    Break a deal, face the wheel.

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 3:59pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RoninP, You need to think of it this way. Basic introductory chi sau is an excersise for punching. It is just about what arms feel, so when they punch, they can respond via tactile feeling. Later on, it has a section just for kicks, and a section for escaping arm/elbow locks, throws, and sweeps (standing offcoarse).

Chi Sau in principle does not have grabing the arms or wrists, because when you grab, you are setting that arm up to be trapped. It does not mean we do not practice against being grabbed, but that we try to not grab ourselves.

This is beginner stuff. If I said BJJ did not have knee locks or leg hooks, because I only took the beginners class, I would be in error, becuase BJJ has all that later on. Same with Wing Chun. Don't judge it to hard by only the beginner programs.

Tai Chi Push hands on the other hand, has alot of grabs and throw like movements for beginners. Even the basic "punch" is more of a pushing throw.

and ofcoarse Wrestling is allready doing sensitivity training, so is BJJ. It has to be about feeling the enemys movements at that close of range. Grappling is a tactile skill. I agree with you that CHunners should not say "look, thats chi sau", becuase it is not. But in the same light, Grapplers should not dis on Tactile skill training in chi sau either. They can dis the crappy results, but not the fact that the chunners are trying to train tactile responces. In this way they are very much on the same page.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 4:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    so when they punch, they can respond via tactile feeling.
    -That bullshit will get you punched in the head.

They can dis the crappy results, but not the fact that the chunners are trying to train tactile responces.
    -If they get crappy results from the the drill, then the drill sucks. Why still do it?

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 4:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    Break a deal, face the wheel.
    -Huh?

It's pretty beat up, but it is a complete copy....

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 7:57pm

supporting member
     Style: EBMAS WT/ Latosa Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -That bullshit will get you punched in the head.
    So you recomend what? Visual reaction time? Just trading blows?

-If they get crappy results from the the drill, then the drill sucks. Why still do it?
    Not everyone gets crappy results. The problem with the drill is when it becomes the whole deal, and not just a drill. Its not a method to use in a fight, its not a drill that works alone, without sparring and transfering the reflex over to punching with other exercises. Its only a part of the package.

I don't need to discuss the merits or pitfalls of chi sau so much on this thread, been done to death on Bullshido. My only point was specific. All of these arts are attempting to train tactile reflexs (feeling). Sometimes I get a good laugh when I hear BJJ/wrestling people diss Tactile reflex training, thats all.

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
    Until the Bulltube is fixed:
    DTT vs Sirc

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 9:18pm

Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    RoninPimp, is that you in your avatar? It looks ugly as ****.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 10:07pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=RoninPimp]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    Break a deal, face the wheel.[/quote[-Huh?
    Mad Max III : Beyond Thunderdome :tongue3: Shuma's using a classic phrase from that movie to refer to the ultimatum he gave DTT to provide references within sometime or he will bring his hammer down on him... or something like that.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 11:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    So you recomend what? Visual reaction time? Just trading blows?

Not everyone gets crappy results. The problem with the drill is when it becomes the whole deal, and not just a drill. Its not a method to use in a fight, its not a drill that works alone, without sparring and transfering the reflex over to punching with other exercises. Its only a part of the package.

I don't need to discuss the merits or pitfalls of chi sau so much on this thread, been done to death on Bullshido. My only point was specific. All of these arts are attempting to train tactile reflexs (feeling). Sometimes I get a good laugh when I hear BJJ/wrestling people diss Tactile reflex training, thats all.
    -I recommend whatever a good boxing coach would recommend. What the hell does feel have to do with punching? Wing Chun guys spar? Let me guess, other Wing Chun guys with the same lame skills?

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 11:37pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mundane
    RoninPimp, is that you in your avatar? It looks ugly as ****.
    -Then my avatar is especially for you.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 11:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    http://www.wingtsun.nl/wt-uni.htm

Someone quote it before Shuma_goreyAss deletes it again
    -What's the point of all that crap?