Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 12:09am

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by RoninPimp
    -Thanks for that tidbit of info. There's a reason thousands of years of wrestling history doesn't include this drill. It is bullshit.
    How much chi sao training have you done?

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 1:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by asian_mongrel
    How much chi sao training have you done?
    -None. Don't you think that sometime in all of human sport history that chi sao would have become part of a wrestler's training if it was of benefit? There have been many, many brilliant coaches, from all nations, looking for ways to improve their athletes performance in all types of competitive grappling events. To date none of them have incorporated chi sao into their training. The reason is simple. It is of no benefit to combat athletes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 6:23pm

Style: aikido, taijiquan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't you think that sometime in all of human sport history that chi sao would have become part of a wrestler's training if it was of benefit? There have been many, many brilliant coaches, from all nations, looking for ways to improve their athletes performance in all types of competitive grappling events. To date none of them have incorporated chi sao into their training. The reason is simple. It is of no benefit to combat athletes.
    You have connections to all wrestlers and coaches from all nations to say "none"?

How'd you manage that?

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 6:25pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jzs
    You have connections to all wrestlers and coaches from all nations to say "none"?

How'd you manage that?
    I imagine some planet at the border of the universe itself might have wrestlers who practice push-hands, but our wrestlers here on Earth would crush them.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 6:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jzs

How'd you manage that?
    -No of course not. But the drills and training methods of wrestling are well known. They do not include chi sao. You are stupid if you think otherwise.

Brock Sampson

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 6:39pm

supporting member
     Style: 5.56

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuma-Gorath
    I imagine some planet at the border of the universe itself might have wrestlers who practice push-hands, but our wrestlers here on Earth would crush them.
    Oh ****! That made me laugh hard.

On that note I am going to head home.

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 7:10pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Tzun_Tzu
    Um, Bulgarian National Wrestling team uses it. and Credits WT with helping them win.
    Silver Medalist in the 1960's used it. (steve someone, lost link on my old computer)
    You will provide a citation for this or I will banish all of your posts from this thread. You have 24 hours.

Posted On:
    5/26/2006 7:27pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wingtsun.nl is not a valid source for unbiased accounts of _ing __un success. Thank you for playing!
    Last edited by Shuma-Gorath; 5/26/2006 7:34pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 5:55am

Style: none

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    -None. Don't you think that sometime in all of human sport history that chi sao would have become part of a wrestler's training if it was of benefit? There have been many, many brilliant coaches, from all nations, looking for ways to improve their athletes performance in all types of competitive grappling events. To date none of them have incorporated chi sao into their training. The reason is simple. It is of no benefit to combat athletes.

Please understand when i say "chi sao" i do not just mean the set drills that wing chun uses. Chi sao simply put means "contact reflexes" or a way of understanding your opponents intention through touch.

An example of contact reflexes or "chi sao" in application would be:
    I move to place a figure four arm lock onto my opponent, my opponent resists my attempt, my contact reflexes (chi sao) understands the resistance early and automatically re-directs my opponents arm into a hammerlock.

Chi sao drills (when performed correctly) can help to enhance this understanding of your opponents intention.

It really does not bother me if you think it is BS or not. It works for me.
    Last edited by asian_mongrel; 5/27/2006 6:03am at .

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    5/27/2006 2:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by asian_mongrel
    Please understand when i say "chi sao" i do not just mean the set drills that wing chun uses. Chi sao simply put means "contact reflexes" or a way of understanding your opponents intention through touch.

An example of contact reflexes or "chi sao" in application would be:
    I move to place a figure four arm lock onto my opponent, my opponent resists my attempt, my contact reflexes (chi sao) understands the resistance early and automatically re-directs my opponents arm into a hammerlock.

Chi sao drills (when performed correctly) can help to enhance this understanding of your opponents intention.

It really does not bother me if you think it is BS or not. It works for me.
    -So you've had success in grappling competitions that you can attribute to that drill? And I love how the definition of chi sao has been expanded. So maybe when 2 wrestlers are hand fighting, the wing chunners will say "see, they're doing contact reflexes just like us". Its really simple, you do not understand grappling. Nothing I've seen of wing chun carries over to real fighting.

-And WTF with the editing of posts? That's a BITCH move...