Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2006 10:30pm

Style: MMA, Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Browning
    Okay, please understand that we ask because we've had some previous bad experiences.

I only know of him because of the garbage he posts on the internet.
    I have never met him, nor do I know anyone that has.

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:24am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PainMaker
    Par for the course would be to accept a 10th Dan in American Realistic Karate. Many of my peers have elected to honor me with this illustrious Dan ranking when recognizing this discipline within their organizations. However, as many here know, I feel that 10th Dan in an honorary rank and feel uncomfortable wearing it. Thus I do not. In fact I usually wear no rank at all. When the necessity arises to wear rank i.e. promotions, seminars etc I would have prefered nothing above a 6th Dan for personal use. This is in line with the time in training criteria I have set into place along with my age. However, I have been assigned/asked to wear 8th Dan as the disciplines founder by my students, peers and governing organization. I have consented as a comprimise.
    Nice to know he does not have an ego. . . .

I have ranking in Pangainoon, but it is only recognized by organizations not directly related to that art.
    Bingo! I think I know of this asshat. If he is who I think he is, he was "outed" a few years ago and took down his "pangainoon" web-page. I will "kick this upstairs" to see if it is the same person.

"Pangainoon" is what Kanbum Uechi called the style he brought back from China. Long story short, his teacher probably brought together training methods being used in the area. Problem: according to researchers who know Chinese dialects, no "pangainoon" exists. Of course, Kanbum was a poor Okinawan . . . who knows what he heard?

Move to around the time of his death and after. His students decided to name the style after him: Uechi-Ryu. Neat.

Move ahead . . . throw in some politics . . . one group did not want extra-kata and other stuff . . . probably other personal issues that lie under any split . . . and one Okinawan decided to "go back to the original" and call it "Pangainoon." Neat. One of his students was Shinyu Gushi . . . though often these guys trained with a lot of different people. Move further ahead . . . the grandson of Kanbum decided on the island he did not "want" other people using his family name--everyone but him!. For this reason, Gushi--who teaches in the states--sometimes calls his style "Pangainoon" . . . sometimes "Uechi-Ryu" depending on the audience. Other Uechi organizations on Okinawa call themselves by their organizational names publicly . . . and "Uechi-Ryu" privately and in other countries.

[ZZZzZZZZzzZZ--Ed.]

I am getting to the point. "Pangainoon" has become for the Bullshido's a magical "perfect" "IF ONLY WE LEARNED THE ORIGINAL" fantasy. At least it is something to sell. It would be like me claiming to "discover" the "original" Jujitsu Helio Gracie learned . . . or other such nonsense. It "must be better" because it is "old" sort of crap.

Thus, there are "fly-by-nighters" who claim to teach the "original Pangainoon." A few students still alive who trained under Kanbum shake their heads over this nonsense. It is almost as bad as claiming to teach the "original" Tae Kwon Do . . . from 2,000 years ago!

Furthermore, 10th degree is a SUPREME evidence of Bullshido. IF this guy had a legitimate "Pangaioon" connection he would not have this rank nor would he accept it. Gushi is "only" a ninth degree. The Americans who first studied Uechi are just receiving rank of this level.

Right . . . I will post what I find out.

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X
    Bingo! I think I know of this asshat. If he is who I think he is, he was "outed" a few years ago and took down his "pangainoon" web-page. I will "kick this upstairs" to see if it is the same person.
    I don’t think so. This particular ass munch probably never got ranked in a real Pangainoon or Uechi dojo. He claimed an 8~9th dan at one time but was proven to never have a legitimate one from anyone in Okianwa. He MAY have gotten one from a dan ranking factory somewhere though.
    Last edited by PainMaker; 3/20/2006 12:34am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:37am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor X

Furthermore, 10th degree is a SUPREME evidence of Bullshido. IF this guy had a legitimate "Pangaioon" connection he would not have this rank nor would he accept it. Gushi is "only" a ninth degree. The Americans who first studied Uechi are just receiving rank of this level.

Right . . . I will post what I find out.

--J.D.
    Ya, 10th dan at his age tends to reek of Bullshido. He is/was a Soke too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This cracks me up......the "Wisdom Meter".:jerkit2yf What a "tool".......

From Dave Schultz's Website:

Author Topic: Wisdom meter (Read 26 times) Taekido Board Owner

Wisdom: 5

Warriors train daily

Wisdom meter « on: February 24, 2006, 11:15:46 AM »

You will notice the word 'Wisdom' under your screen name in your posts. This is similar to the meter we had on the old board. The purpose is mainly to award members who not only reguarly participate, but contribute quality posts and sound, usable information. The points aren't handed out like candy either, they are earned. The Moderators have the ability to award these points. If any member reads a post from another member and feels that it was of exceptionally high quality, contact a moderator and ask them if they could add a point as a result.

Conversely, if we see someone posting one liners or a bunch of smiley's just to up their count then they will have a point subtracted. Same with consistently posting in all caps, all bold, all large font etc. Stuff that detracts from the look and flow of the board. this way other/new members can quickly determine at a glance who might really have something worthwhile to communicate with others on the board.

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:45am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is some more shitz fun. I use to lurk on one of his Ma boards till it went wacko penticostal christiian karate. anyway from another **** site

David Schultz
    International Combat Martial Arts Founders Union ICMAUA Lifetime Member (Certified).

8th Dan American Realistic Karate/CQDT, Founder, Head Master, Head Instructor, Head Examiner.

International Combat Kempo Union ICMAUA Lifetime Member.

7th Dan (Honorary) Agni Kempo, Instructor, Examiner.

International Combat Okinawan Martial Arts Union ICMAUA Lifetime Member.

1st Dan Shuri Te, Instructor, Examiner.

International Combat Hapkido Union ICMAUA Lifetime Member.

2nd Dan HoShinDo Hapkido, Instructor, Examiner.

International Combat Taekwondo Union ICMAUA Lifetime Member.

4th Dan Han Moo Kwan Taekwondo, Instructor, Examiner.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:49am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wagamichi
    Here is some more shitz fun. I use to lurk on one of his Ma boards till it went wacko penticostal christiian karate. anyway from another **** site

David Schultz
    International Combat Martial Arts Founders Union ICMAUA Lifetime Member (Certified).

8th Dan American Realistic Karate/CQDT, Founder, Head Master, Head Instructor, Head Examiner.

International Combat Kempo Union ICMAUA Lifetime Member.

7th Dan (Honorary) Agni Kempo, Instructor, Examiner.

International Combat Okinawan Martial Arts Union ICMAUA Lifetime Member.

1st Dan Shuri Te, Instructor, Examiner.

International Combat Hapkido Union ICMAUA Lifetime Member.

2nd Dan HoShinDo Hapkido, Instructor, Examiner.

International Combat Taekwondo Union ICMAUA Lifetime Member.

4th Dan Han Moo Kwan Taekwondo, Instructor, Examiner.

I think the only place most of those organizations exist is on someone's hard drive.......namely Schultz's!!!!

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IF this is the same asshat, there was no record of him studying in any Uechi-dojo under anyone of any competence. The Now Fortunately Late Terry Dukes--Bullshidoist Extraordinare--basically made up his "Mushindo" crap from reading an early book published by George Mattson. So bad it was, Terry Dukes . . . sorry! Sifu Nagaboshi-for-Tax-Reasons . . . copied a symbol which, in the first printing, was priinted backwards!

If this is the same clown, he basically read a book, saw a video, and made himself a master. I am suspicious because he admits his rank is:

. . . only recognized by organizations not directly related to that art.
    Sure . . . and I am a 20th Dan in Gracie JJ . . . however it is "only recognized by organizations not directly related to that art!"

Did I mention I am "soke" in it as well?

Currently, there are two American 9th degrees in Uechi . . . three if you count Shinyu Gushi. All of these guys have been actively practicing it for 40+ years. On Okinawa there are some 10ths, but they have to be older than 70 and it is something the Rengukai--"lots of Okinawans karate practitioners who drink and kick their students"--gives. Such senior rank is rather "honorary" and recognizes teaching for many years and that sort of stuff.

Having written that . . . a few decades ago some clown Who-Will-Remain-Nameless altered either his 1st or 2nd dan certificate to read 8th--yes . . . he took a magic marker . . . worked on that "1" Since there were no Americans above 5th . . . and few Okinawans above that rank other than Kanbum's son this sort of "attracted attention!"

Anyways, I feel a Not-Related-to-the-Topic Rank coming so I will stop!

I will post what people say about this guy who would know.

--J.D.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:57am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Who ME fake a dan rank???......I know nothing....I know nothing.......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	schultz2.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	5430  

Attached Images  
    Last edited by PainMaker; 3/20/2006 1:04am at .

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 1:04am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PainMaker
    I think the only place most of those organizations exist is on someone's hard drive.......namely Schultz's!!!!

Not true! go here http://www.icmaua.com/

Look at all the goddamngrand hoky soke in the members section.

Hey look who else is registerd here

Leo 'Berador' Clausen on the right

Kyoshi Kas on the left
    Last edited by wagamichi; 3/20/2006 1:09am at .
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast