Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 10:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kikkoman
    This doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Just some people having a clean, supervised fight.

Everyone seems to be getting up in arms and predicting John McCain is going to shut down MMA, the sky will fall, ect.

The fights aren't clean or supervised. Do you think their "refs" have any idea what they're doing? They're fighting on a wooden deck, sometimes in the rain. They claim to have "medical staff" on site?? They're kids, none of them are doctors.

None of them have actually trained and they claim that this will help them progress as fighters? If you read through the forums you'll see that one of the organizers believes that his striking abilities are almost on par with fighters in the amateur orgs.

[edited: removed bullshido] They're marketing themselves as an amateur MMA organization and they're taking themselves very seriously.
    Last edited by Angry-Monkey; 3/20/2006 11:16am at .

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 10:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some forum posts:

edited to highlight (in bold)

well let me see,

i started training about 3 months before the UFO was formed you can find this info on the mian page under UFO history.

i really got into fighting after watching the stand up part of MMA. after a couple ufc's and prides i downloaded some

training videos and began working on my striking( at this time i couldnt even punch with both hands) Razz

slowly over time i progessed and started getting pretty good at striking.

i have been in 2 fights now and let me tell you nothing has helpd more then the experiance those have given me.

i may have won them but i fought very poorly,my adrenilne got the better of me and i fought very wildly and open.

after both fights i watched our events and trained and trained to clean u pevery hole i could find in my stand up.

and that takes us to where we are at now, i hav enot fought sinc eour last event and this event comming in march

will be our first event back and im so exited to show my true skills in it,i am ready to fight and not let my emotions get

the better of me. you will see a completely differant striker in this fight and you will be suprised that i am self trained.

for my future,

i plan to turn the UFO into a little farm Event tallent pool for Canada,for younger fighters and older fighters.

but thats in the distance,a little closer to now i plan on taking it to the next level and getting professional mauy thai

training to really clean up my stand up,also we are in the planning of holding an outdoors event at a location known as

"the bluff" hear witch is whare big concerts and what not are held. this is all if we can afford a ring and how our fan base

starts turning out,but the UFO deffinatly has plans to grow,outside of that id love to fight in other orgonizations such as

kotc I feel my stand up is almost at the level where i could compete in those at the lower levels in rookie fights.

,i just need to start wokring ground and sprawl.

but as a quick rundown of the UFO's future hear it is.

-Establish a internet fan base and comunity

-establish a nice fighter roster of reliablie honorable fighters

-purchase a ring and custom canvas

-lease a small building and hire a couple trainers(if not volenteer for the first while)

-open up our buisness front and training center aswell as a small 100 person room for small events

-start putting on shows Around our local Area And making money To begin paying fighters and Bettering the UFO in

every way we can

-Get our Events Telivesed on local CHBC channel Free TV

-Some of our Fighters invited into other smaller orgonizations

and after that anything can happen

bottom line is,we started the ufo ou t to be a backyard Rookie MMA internet Show that was FREE and exiting to watch

and be a part of. we will never loose that and our internet material will always remain free no matter how big we get.

the ineternet community is so important to MMA and we recognize that,thats why we have brought it to the internet to

establish a comunity hear first before going out with it,our events will always remain free to thouse who followed us from the

start aswell as alot of other add'd bonus's 1nce we explode so make sure to stick with us Cool

the ones of us involved in UFO take this very seirously anc cannot wait to see what the future holds for us.

hope this answerd some of your questions ill be glad to answer any more.

peace

Hey guys andrew again.

Team pressao forte is

and this means Heavy presaure

Andrew

Jacob

David

we formed this training camp together before the last event in witch david and jacob both fought,because we all are very
    agressive.

we can learn alot from each other because we each do things bettr then each other that we can all pick up on.

Me and jacob have vowed to make some training videos of our various methods of self trianing we do.

you guys will be impressed by the intensity and skill building our methods carry.

im recouvering from a hyper extened elbow right now but it will be healed shortly ive been working light sparing and its

building up some good strength again, after it heals we will begin to make the training videos

PROMISE!

peace

I suggest everyone goes and checks out these training videos.

let me tell you i can deffinatly feel the change...its like a energy building up inside of me for the anticipation.

even in a small orgonization like this...we may be back yard but we still get the same emotions and feelings of exitment

and anticipation as a fighter in a bigger orgonization.

its because of the webpage we have the realisation that were performing not for our selfs but to put on a good show.

it makes it that much more worth it to train and improve yourself it really gives our fighters the drive.

im very exited for this fight and im going into it balls to the wall ko or get ko'd mentallity.

im doing everything in my power to stop this from going to a dessision.

i have the chin and the heart to not go down and the cardio to throw bombs for both rounds.

i respect my opponent but i feel that if i perform my best ill be to much to handle.

ive really been working on my foot work and stand up technique and its cleand up ALOT ive got some real power in

both hands and im lookin to use that to my advantage.

man i cant wait for this...hopefully my elbows ok and it doesnt act up,if it does i will miss the next card because of sergery.

but if i get threw this fight and i feel confident in my elobw i will push the sergery off and get on as many cards as i can.

What???!!!??
    Last edited by Angry-Monkey; 3/20/2006 11:04am at .

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 11:01am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As soon as one of these assclowns getts knocked out, falls down the wooden deck stairs, breaks his kneck and dies. They will all be charged with manslaughter for fighting in an unsactiond event. thier parents may face neglect charges. And lawmakers will point to this ans yet another reason why MMA and all martial arts for that matter need to be banned. In a way it is a self correcting problem. But it is this type of **** that gives all of us a bad name.

Oh the white trash abounds.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 11:12am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is just like that Backyard Wrestling crap in my opinion. Since it is in BC I can't comment on their laws.

It isn't bullshido learn the term.

Is it a stupid thing to do? Yes.
    Can they seriously damage themselves? Yes
    Can they get sued ? Probably.

Are they Bullshido? Nope

Let's see:

1) They admit they are untrained.
    2) They admit they learn from videos and downloads.
    3) They admit they are kids.
    4) They admit they are amatuers.
    5) They admit they are looking for fans.
    6) They admit their real history.

Okay where is the Bullshido?

Remember the definition before you apply the word?

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 11:16am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, I removed the word bullshido from my earlier post. Happy?

My choice of wording isn't the issue.

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 11:31am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake??
    1) They admit they are untrained.
    2) They admit they learn from videos and downloads.
    3) They admit they are kids.
    4) They admit they are amatuers.
    5) They admit they are looking for fans.
    6) They admit their real history.

Okay where is the Bullshido?
    Admission does not negate guilt.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 11:41am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, guilty of being fucknuts. They aren't trying to say they are professional fighters.

They are deluded idiots who will encounter someone that can kick their asses.

Hopefully, sometime soon.

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 3:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The same could be said of everyone at a bullshido gym. Why is it permissible to be apathetic in this situation? Is it because they didn't assign an asian name to their endangerment of others?

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 3:27pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, I have one of the organizers on my msn now and talked to him for a little while. He says they all want to start training this summer if they can find a good club (naturally I'm gonna try and bring them to mine). I talked to him about where to buy matts, to make sure everyone gets blood tests, and I'm going to talk to them about fighting on the deck (in the rain no less!). The guy seemed pretty mellow and took all my advice very well.

I think the webpage gives a different impression than the reality. These are just a bunch of guys doing some realistic sparring. I don't think they are charging admission or awarding prizes (they would get in deep **** if they started doing those things).

From what I saw of the fights, I could whoop all those guys with just my boxing alone, nevermind any kicks or grappling. And I'm usually the first to admit that I'm not any kind of great fighter, but these are just so green.

But these guys realize it. They are not good fighters, but they are trying. Its hard being poor! I'm betting most of these guys are under 19 and don't have a lot of disposable income to find good training. And this is better than just going out and picking fights at parties and **** to get experience; I know guys who think that will make them good fighters.

They are fairly responsible though. Mandatory headgear and mouthguards, and one of the guys is nearly qualified to be an ambulance attendant.

I'm gonna talk with these guys some more, give advice to make sure they are as safe as possible (fight on grass, NOT A DECK!) and really push them to join a club here in town. There are plenty of tournaments, from boxing to bjj to pankration, in BC where these guys can get experience. They just need a little guidance.

But holy god do they suck at fightig........

Ad Hominem rocks.

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 3:30pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Team pressao forte
    LOL at the use of portugeuse!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast