My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    3/19/2006 7:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    'sco where in GA are you?

If you want to feel even worse about yourself you can attend a Throwdown. :icon_pira
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/19/2006 9:09pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    PS - Some of the toughest SOBs I've ever trained with train in garage gyms. If you're going to stay there just make sure that these guys aren't hiding in the garage cause they'd get tooled anywhere else. The reasons they have for training there should make sense.
    Well the guy who used to box has been in a couple of amateur fights, unfortunately, he didn't win the last one. Another guy used to wrestle, but is active military. They've been to a few BJJ schools in FL and TN, and know a couple of guys from there for ground-game. I don't know any names or locations, 'cause I just started really and haven't met their whole clik.

I [Troll.--Ed.] participate on a number of "skeptical" or scientific boards and one of the hardest things to do is admit you have been in a "cult" or in a "woo movement" or basically have been wasting time and money. You are to be congratulated. Seriously.
    It sucks, yeah? Maybe I'm still a little attached, but I met a few decent people there. Not everyone there was 'zombies'. But, some of the stuff that was done to get people in was a little evil... such as the bring a buddy, or calling up and/or going out and 'scouting' people; pressuring into the "Black Belt" club, a little cash for this, cash for that, etc. etc. It just doesn't sit well with me... try it free for 30 days, but after you sign a contract, I mean WTF??? I shrugged it all off at the time, but now the only thing i can think is:

D'OH!!

***attend a throwdown and get throwndown? Sounds fun, yeah?
    Last edited by 'sco; 3/19/2006 9:12pm at .

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    3/19/2006 9:24pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your first clue was this: you've been training for a YEAR and you're almost at BLACK BELT?
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

ARGUMENTUM AD LATINUM DICTIONAIRUM

Posted On:
    3/19/2006 10:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Argumenta ad Rem

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 'sco
    It sucks, yeah? Maybe I'm still a little attached, but I met a few decent people there. Not everyone there was 'zombies'. But, some of the stuff that was done to get people in was a little evil... such as the bring a buddy, or calling up and/or going out and 'scouting' people; pressuring into the "Black Belt" club, a little cash for this, cash for that, etc. etc. It just doesn't sit well with me... try it free for 30 days, but after you sign a contract, I mean WTF??? I shrugged it all off at the time, but now the only thing i can think is:
    It is a really sad thing, but martial arts is a business and teachers have to eat. One of the ways to make money--to pay rent--is to have guarrantees like contracts and other incentives. However, it is a potential slippery slope with test fees, patches, and other crapolla. I do not teach professionally--have no rent to pay--so it is easy for me to sit in my "Ivory Pagoda" and judge. Some teachers I respect have very good schools out of YMCAs and "Rec Centers" so they can have small classes and not have to worry about "filling classes."

That having been written, proves too easy for people to slide down said slope. Hence "McDojo." From there, it is very easy to slide into "Bullshido"--want more students? Buy a BJJ DVD and call yourself a grappler and teach "seminars."

Anyways, best thing you can do is set your priorities about what you want out of training. From there, choose a place that will conceivably fulfill those needs. Being guarranteed a "black belt" in a year, in any system, is simply wrong--even for "krotty!"

--J.D.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/19/2006 10:48pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know what to say about Asia's new avatar.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    3/19/2006 11:19pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd say you're good, just remember to test your skills outside of the gym or you'll become one of those ninjas we make fun of.

TKD

Posted On:
    3/19/2006 11:38pm

supporting memberhall of fame
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ‘sco, we have a ton of well respected Bullshido Bullies from Georgia. If you want a really good school they can point you in the right direction.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    3/19/2006 11:52pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    I'd say you're good, just remember to test your skills outside of the gym or you'll become one of those ninjas we make fun of.

TKD
    Saids the TKDer. I think if anything gets a lower rank then Ninjutsu its TKD. Obviously Wing Chun is so low it on a scale of its own.

Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:08am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TKD is lower than Ninja? I thought TKD would be higher because they aren't too deadly to spar.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:22am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ninjutsu is lower than TKD cuz I've banged all the female ninjas.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast