Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:25am

Style: Kung Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    one more thing, notice how for much of it his hands are held stationary to his body while he twists his body around. Imagine if he was gripping an arm or leg with those hands. There also appears to be a throw followed by a series of joint locks and breaks in the form also.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:42am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kungfumonkey
    one more thing, notice how for much of it his hands are held stationary to his body while he twists his body around. Imagine if he was gripping an arm or leg with those hands. There also appears to be a throw followed by a series of joint locks and breaks in the form also.

He looks like he is having a seizure. "I am crazy ************, see this tick, see my moves , you don't want to mess with me"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:49am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, he does look like he is doing some sort of grapple and fling ****, granted. But it just looks like **** grappling and flinging....even if he grabbed you around the legs like that,his head is facing down...the amount of blows you could give the top of his little head by the time ge got to do anything would be brutal, and even then you're now nice and close to follow up with knees to the face.

Poor guy, he should have invested in TKD lessons
    :5dunce:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 1:08am

Style: Kung Fu and Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ever had your arm/ wrist/elbow/shoulder/ ankle etc. in a good lock? the last thing on your mind is punching the dude in the face. First thought is "**** that hurts". YOur next though might be "struggle" but then you think " **** that hurts EVEN MORE" then it turns to "how can I make this stop hurting?". After it stops hurting is usually when people think about punching.
    you do grappling right? in judo and the kung fu I do you sometimes DO lean forward and put your head down, to increase leverge on a joint or for a pin. They don't do that in BJJ?

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 8:41am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ever had your arm/ wrist/elbow/shoulder/ ankle etc. in a good lock? the last thing on your mind is punching the dude in the face. First thought is "**** that hurts". YOur next though might be "struggle" but then you think " **** that hurts EVEN MORE" then it turns to "how can I make this stop hurting?". After it stops hurting is usually when people think about punching.
    you do grappling right? in judo and the kung fu I do you sometimes DO lean forward and put your head down, to increase leverge on a joint or for a pin. They don't do that in BJJ?

Edited to make more sense:

On the ground, yes it is nearly impossiblet to strike out of a lock. This is due to the position and leverage of the pin/lock.

However, what he was doing, aka standing locks, allow a good deal of striking and rolls to escape.
    Last edited by Plasma; 3/20/2006 9:05am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 12:37pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    if he wanted to practice joint locks and throws, he should practice with an opponent. it looks goofy in a form, yeah?

but the clip's title is 'spiral boxing'...
    ah, whatever, just my $0.02

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 1:30pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This kata was handed down from giants, this would work if you were 18 feet tall and fought normal humans.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 1:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK, I’ll give your "devil's advocacy" the benefit of the doubt. Let's view the "form" from a grappler's perspective and see if the movements accurately mimic defensive postures and counterattacks through joint lock, limb bars, or chokes........

the first movement in the "form" resembles a downward elbow strike to the uke's big toe.......very good move indeed, particularly where your head is looking straight down at the offensive toe you are about to massacre and you be sure to lead of with your right leg straight out in front of you.

at this point there is no apparent trap or grab to secure a limb or joint....but that is what I assume the initial debilitating toe strike of perpetual death is for, i.e., distraction for the plethora of “jewy-jitisuy” that is to follow.....OK

what follows next is pure str33t c0mb4t genius....seeing his opportunity to not only seriously hurt, even kill, his current imaginary assailants, the kung fu masta appears to attack his attacker’s children by executing five lethal "frank & beans" grabs followed by a vicious twist and pull leaving five of the would be attackers eunuchs.....now I'm not saying the technique isn't out there, Gene LaBell does have some crazy fucking techniques in his repertoire, BUT I have never seen a successful “cock bar” or “nut lock” performed in competition.

Next comes the deadly 5 hit combo that you have practiced over and over again in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance..the nuts, hip, thigh, calf, big toe combo that obviously results in the attacker’s leg exploding...why lock something that you can just as easily make explode with your d34dly techniques....

the next sequence is the ole' "if I simply fall down and pretend I don't have arms, they will leave me alone...won't they?" style.....priceless

then suddenly, you launch into the to deadly 4 shin punch followed by 4 toe punch combo with two spastic hip punch flurries thrown in for good measure...

wouldn't you know it, surveying the hypothetical carnage shows 4 attackers with horribly bruised shins and jammed toes, 5 attackers whose genitals are floating in the gutter, and 1 guy with a missing leg.

Score:

Submissions - 0
    Submission Attempts - 0
    To Deadly For "Actual" Use Techniques - 10
    Chance of getting stomped by anyone who is NOT in a vegitative state - 100%

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 9:29pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ever had your arm/ wrist/elbow/shoulder/ ankle etc. in a good lock? the last thing on your mind is punching the dude in the face. ..

Um...yes, have had all the above mentioned limbs in a lock, BUT, the lest one for me to sit there going OH MY GOD WHAT DO I DO NOW I AM SO DUMB WITH PAIN???? was when someone grabbed me around the ankle...also, you are suggesting that with this technique I would stand there and do nothing as he scoops up my legs and then tries to put it in a lock! The whole time the wanker has his head down with no defence to the top of his head or the back of his neck for that matter...**** I'm betting I could just belly flop on the dumb bastard and flatten him...
    Sure, I look down at times, but never ever ever when my sparring partner is standing before me...actually over me and I'm throwing punches at his instep!

*Pulls out rubber stamp*
    THUMP

Branded: RETARDED

Posted On:
    3/20/2006 9:39pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even if it's a grappling kata (shudders) it's still completely pointless as any competent grappler will tell you there's no point in... shadowgrappling...

you need a resisting partner to practice armbars and breaks on. You could practice this guys kata a thousand times over and still be unable to properly grapple a resisting opponent. It's just so radically different performing moves on air and on a live opponent.

Thus is why most "hidden moves" found in katas tend to be useless. Why keep em hidden anyways? Just take away the kata and drill the moves with each other.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 123 45 LastLast