Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/04/2006 3:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Firearms, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do not have use for MAC in the combat zone.

I will shoot the fucker or find a way to. If I can't shoot him, I will cave his skull in with the buttstock of my m4, e-tool, kevlar helmet, whatever and monkey stomp him with my boot. If that doesn't fly I will shank him with my knife or use a brick, cat, beer bottle, MRE spoon or whatever I can get my hands on. Personally I would rather not even touch the dirty little fleabags. Remeber, when you are loaded the **** down with your gear, kicking down the door of some shitbird's home you are NOT good to roll around. You are heavy and awkward.

The only need for anything close quarters when you might have to touch them nasty buggers, is during crowd control when one or a few realize that you can't shoot an unarmed fleabag and gets uppity.

BUT, the unit I am assigned to is not in the regular Army chain of command, it is under US Special Operations Command. Modern Army Combatives won't make a difference in elite units like my Regiment. It may in the rest of the Army. Soldiers may never use it in a real fight, but they will be better soldiers for having faced and overcome the challenges it presents, to the extent that leaders allow it to happen.
    "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 10:48am

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=Hawkeye]I do not have use for MAC in the combat zone.

I will shoot the fucker or find a way to. If I can't shoot him, I will cave his skull in with the buttstock of my m4, e-tool, kevlar helmet, whatever and monkey stomp him with my boot. If that doesn't fly I will shank him with my knife or use a brick, cat, beer bottle, MRE spoon or whatever I can get my hands on. Personally I would rather not even touch the dirty little fleabags. Remeber, when you are loaded the **** down with your gear, kicking down the door of some shitbird's home you are NOT good to roll around. You are heavy and awkward.

The only need for anything close quarters when you might have to touch them nasty buggers, is during crowd control when one or a few realize that you can't shoot an unarmed fleabag and gets uppity.

BUT, the unit I am assigned to is not in the regular Army chain of command, it is under US Special Operations Command. Modern Army Combatives won't make a difference in elite units like my Regiment. It may in the rest of the Army. Soldiers may never use it in a real fight, but they will be better soldiers for having faced and overcome the challenges it presents, to the extent that leaders allow it to happen.[/QUOTE

Out-fucking-standing, Hawkeye. Rolling around in IBA and SAPI plates with ammon and camelbak is just unsat...:suicide:

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 12:23pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I 've heard the Regiment has throwdowns after moring formation, right before PT, and anyone can call anyone else out. Is there any truth in this? I know they do it at Lewis.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 5:09pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Depends on what we are doing for PT that particular day. One thing's for sure, I do not like rolling around after a fucking 6+ mile run.

I'm getting old and feeling it and I'm only 27

Middleweight

Posted On:
    4/05/2006 5:17pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGOON
    I know they do it at Lewis.
    Goddamn 2nd Battalion. Bunch of fern lovin', granola eating hippies.:laughing7 :laughing7 :laughing7 :laughing7
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123