• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cage Fighter Lee Murray Possible Mastermind behind £53mil Robbery

By MIKE SULLIVAN
    and VERONICA LORRAINE
    KICKBOXER and cage fighter Lee Murray is being sought by police over the £53million Tonbridge raid.

But the 28-year-old is thought to have disappeared to Spain.

Detectives have said they wanted to talk to Murray, but his family and manager have said they have no idea where he is.

Murray, nicknamed “Lightning” Lee, is rated as one of the best middle-weight fighters in the world.

He hit the headlines last year after he was stabbed at a mass brawl outside a posh London nightclub.

At one stage he was left fighting for life after receiving several stab wounds.

Father of two Murray - real name Lamrani — was once accused of battering a middle-aged driver into a coma during a road rage incident. He was freed after a jury failed to reach a verdict.

So far police investigating the Tonbridge cash depot robbery have recovered £20million of the £53million stolen.

Five people have already appeared in court over the heist, charged with conspiracy to rob, kidnap and handling stolen goods.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Phrost; 3/17/2006 6:22pm at .

The Couch Ninja

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 8:24pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I guess Cage Fighting doesn't pay that much in the UK

¡Viva los Muertos!

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 10:29pm

Style: Boxing/Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sweet jesus, what the hell is that guy thinking? i mean, that's nearly 100 million USD... sure, that's alot of money... but that's way more trouble than it's worth when stealing it unless you have absolutely nothing else to live for. if it's true anyway.
    A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2006 12:07pm

Style: Hiatus Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As a MA noob it scares me that guys like this with martial arts skills are loose on the streets... so much for self-discipline.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    3/18/2006 3:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hahaha, I fucking love Lee Murray.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2006 3:52pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking at the heist itself, there wasn't much 'thinking' going on at all. Sure they stole the money, but then the police said it didn't really matter seeing as there was no way they would get rid of 53 million in cash before they found them. (unless it was so meticulously planned as to have been offshored and so on. Sure there were ways it COULD have been done, but the robbery was too convoluted and messy to be that of the most hardened professionals.)

And they were right. Within days truckloads of the cash were being dumped in car parks and people were being arrested for trying to pay in £10,000 in cash at post offices and banks - still wrapped in the Securitas bands.

(one woman was innocent; two in other incidents were arrested)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/18/2006 4:26pm

Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "I guess Cage Fighting doesn't pay that much in the UK"

It doesn't pay much anywhere outside of Japan. The last UFC out of 16 fighters I think that 12 fought for less than $10,000 each. And this is the event that likes to bill itself as the "Super Bowl of MMA".

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    3/18/2006 4:41pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok, that's fucked up.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Mostly, I just sit here. Mostly.

Posted On:
    3/19/2006 4:53pm

hall of famestaff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Seriously, this guys life is asking to be made into a movie. I mean, damn.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast