Posted On:
    11/22/2009 11:11am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by hapkido_keith View Post
    You so grossly missed the point
    Yes, its easy to miss a point that has no content.
    Last edited by Corso; 11/22/2009 11:17am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    11/22/2009 11:46am

supporting member
     Style: stick,Taiji, mountainbike

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Such as your own post that simply stated the obvious in order to necro the hell out of a 3 year old thread. Nice!
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 5:18pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by diesel_tke View Post
    Such as your own post that simply stated the obvious
    One could say that almost all makeshift weapons are obvious...what isnt so obvious is the legality.

Anything object specifically *modified* to cause bodily harm might be legally defined as a weapon in some countries.

A 10 inch nail is a good example....89 cents at Home Depot. With the end cut off and the tip sharpened these have been used by youth gangs as throwing weapons, or hand held shanks.

Carpenter's tools on the other hand dont have to be modified.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 9:34pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corso View Post
    One could say that almost all makeshift weapons are obvious...what isnt so obvious is the legality.
    Contrary to your point - If I strangled someone with Piano wire, that's illegal.. If I played a Piano with Piano wire in it, that's legal.

Anything object specifically *modified* to cause bodily harm might be legally defined as a weapon in some countries.
    Rocks are perfectly legal because they are all over the ground. They require no modification.. And if the Mob is large enough, they will stone you to death with them.. That's another good example of stating the obvious.

A 10 inch nail is a good example....89 cents at Home Depot. With the end cut off and the tip sharpened these have been used by youth gangs as throwing weapons, or hand held shanks..
    Youth Gang Ninjas?.. really? I had no idea.. I thought that they just shot you with black market firearms.

LOL.. so then they are not 'makeshift' weapons by any stretch of the imagination.. They are ready made weapons. The flaw in this post to begin with, IMO, is that weapons are weapons. If they are makeshift, then they are still weapons. Some weapons are defined by what they are.. i.e. Guns, knives, etc.. Some weapons are defined by how they are used.. i.e. Piano wire, claw hammers, rocks..

My point overall: This thread was kinda pointless to begin with.. It made statements to the obvious, to begin with.. You necroed it to make more statements to the obvious, when the general idea was already out there.. Now, you are arguing a point that is obviously in lieu of the original post, which was obviously stating the obvious.. To begin with.

I guess that I feel this way because I live in Big-Tex and I can carry guns and knives on my person.. In this state, we don't need makeshift weapons.. So.. I guess I'm just biased/lucky, and that adds to my opinion.

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 9:40pm

Style: Sambo n3wb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy ****. 2006...really?!

Makeshift "brick-hammer" combination weapon
    :911flag: If you are lost, I will find you. If you are wounded, I will carry you. If you are pinned, I will cover you. If you are killed, I will recover and remember you. If you trespass against me, my countrymen, or my loved ones...I will kill you.

Christmas Tag Wishlist:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/24/2009 10:40pm

Style: MT noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A 10 inch nail is a good example....89 cents at Home Depot. With the end cut off and the tip sharpened these have been used by youth gangs as throwing weapons, or hand held shanks.

no1 cares, the point is that this thread is old as **** and u resurrected it with something that no1 cares about.

end of story, move along
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456