Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 2:29pm

Style: FMA (Ilustrisimo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Makeshift Weapons

Hopefully this topic wasn't revisited a hundred times already. I apologize if it has.

Quite often we see or hear about makeshift weapons confiscated in prison. From shivs/shanks, rolled newspapers folded with weighted ends to toothbrushes with razorblades attached. While the ingenuity is somewhat primitive due to limitations, they are without doubt viable tools for defense or offense (whichever side your on).

What are some weapons you’ve experimented with or have heard about? I am not talking about improvising with what is available.

SAP Caps – A baseball cap with a little sand bag sewn in on the back. The variation I have seen was done with strips of lead weights in the rim.

A closed compact/personal umbrella filled with buck shot and duck taped at the handle. If you hit someone, remove the tape and dump the buck shot.

Knockers – A junior baseball bat with handle cut off, a drilled hole to attach a strap or rope.

Heavy duty socks filled with fishing bait weights.

Cheap retractable baton attached to a cheap mini mag light with black industrial hose. Flash em’ then smash em’.

Here is one I heard of in another forum. Rawhide knuckles…
    1) Boil a nice strip of rawhide to soften
    2) Cool off and form around hand
    3) Remove and use once hardened.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I am not endorsing the use of these makeshift weapons but hope to bring it to your attention. These are things to simply watch for.

JohnJ

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 2:36pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is the PB forum down or something?
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 2:38pm

Style: Arnis, judo, Taichi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ
    Hopefully this topic wasn't revisited a hundred times already. I apologize if it has.

Quite often we see or hear about makeshift weapons confiscated in prison. From shivs/shanks, rolled newspapers folded with weighted ends to toothbrushes with razorblades attached. While the ingenuity is somewhat primitive due to limitations, they are without doubt viable tools for defense or offense (whichever side your on).

What are some weapons you’ve experimented with or have heard about? I am not talking about improvising with what is available.

SAP Caps – A baseball cap with a little sand bag sewn in on the back. The variation I have seen was done with strips of lead weights in the rim.

A closed compact/personal umbrella filled with buck shot and duck taped at the handle. If you hit someone, remove the tape and dump the buck shot.

Knockers – A junior baseball bat with handle cut off, a drilled hole to attach a strap or rope.

Heavy duty socks filled with fishing bait weights.

Cheap retractable baton attached to a cheap mini mag light with black industrial hose. Flash em’ then smash em’.

Here is one I heard of in another forum. Rawhide knuckles…
    1) Boil a nice strip of rawhide to soften
    2) Cool off and form around hand
    3) Remove and use once hardened.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I am not endorsing the use of these makeshift weapons but hope to bring it to your attention. These are things to simply watch for.

JohnJ

I don't personnally like the idea of make shift weapons since you can carry a pocket knife in CO with little or no problem. If you need more reach a walking stick is a great weapon for us FMA'ers.

I do have a friend who has gone to great lengths to manufacture his own homebrew weapons. he had a hollow shaft cane that he slid aaa batteries into that made it have a neat weight shift to hit harder. He made himself a flail out his some things he had around the house then could conceal it in his jacket with ease. He took a leather jacket and some chainmail gloves used in meat cutting and made a knife resistant jacket. Alot of his efforts were successful although no so useful.

PT

Old School DM

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 2:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your paranoia level is that high, why not just carry a gun or a knife?
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 3:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We'll if for some unfatomable reason you need a makeshift weapon, golfballs in a sock come out on top. Or a lump hammer.

resident sick ****

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 4:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Being a total psychopath

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This thread reminds me of OZ.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 4:32pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On Long Island the kiddy wanna be ganged used to carry wiffle ball bats filled with sand. ::shurg:: I'd just used a bat.

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 5:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Those whacky cons. Hey if you are in the joint, do what you gotta do...

For every one else, making these would constitute enough premeditated criminal intent to make the prosecuting attorneys dick hard for weeks...

If you are worried about being attacked and need weapons to defend yourself... then get a concealed carry permit.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 6:11pm

Style: FMA (Ilustrisimo)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If your paranoia level is that high, why not just carry a gun or a knife?
    For every one else, making these would constitute enough premeditated criminal intent to make the prosecuting attorneys dick hard for weeks...

If you are worried about being attacked and need weapons to defend yourself... then get a concealed carry permit.
    As mentioned, this thread was not meant to be an endorsement of any kind. Most of what I've presented were made aware to me by friends who are police and correctional officers. The purpose was to bring you aware of the efforts that have been made. Sure I have experimented when I was a youth and considered improvised weaponry because I do not carry any. As an instructor of weapons use and defense, it is deemed necessary to be educated of such hazards.

John J

Posted On:
    3/17/2006 6:54pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ
    Sure I have experimented when I was a youth...

HEY HEY HEY! Don't ask, don't tell!

Seriously, though, I know what you were getting at - I even thought a few ideas were kinda cool - but I always bring that up when the subject of dangerous concealable weapons is on the table.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast