Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 10:06am

Style: BJJ / freestyle wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

your views on conflict escalation...

hey guys...

training for these past almost 2 years, i'm pretty sure has changed how i view physical altercation. i don't see the point much, unless i find a valid reason. my question here is because i see different people have different breaking points. to tell the truth, all you have to do to make me get physical is make me angry enough. however, making me angry is not an easy ordeal.

for instance, at the slightest chance, my sister turns into a road raging monster because a car waited half a second before going forward at a green light. traffic idiocy annoys me, but doesn't really piss me off. just this weekend i had a guy pullover and yell something to the extent of me being a cocksucker because he didn't like something i did (was a bit in the way i'll admit, about to turn and got blocked by a car, and the light changed, so a bit more to the left than i should have been). i just kept looking at him very confused. i think it's sad that something like that pisses him off so much he goes into a slew of profanity and has an angry red face over it.

another example, one of the more advanced guys at my gym, who's also small as hell (i'm talking about 5'4", but sick jits) is a super calm guy. i feel a bit of little man syndrome in him though. he elbowed a guy once for cutting in line to the bathroom at a club. the guy just blatantly cut in, and he asked him twice to step back, or they'd have a problem. punched him in the gut, and elbowed him in the face, security came in, bla bla...

i don't know, in that situation, while an asshole getting in line in front of me is a **** deal, i don't know if it would be worth it. if i'm at a club, having a good time, chilling with a girl, i don't know if waiting a minute less to pee is worth getting into a fight over, hauled out by security, perhaps legal recourse, et al. nevertheless, i don't know how i'd react, as no one has ever blatantly tried something like that. but it just doesn't seem worth it right there, not to mention making enemies in the long run.

so i guess what i am asking is, what is your breaking point? when are you brought to the point where physical altercation is inevitable for you?

the only time i can recall recently when i was going to fight over something was when the girl i'm dating told me a guy jumped in front of her, grabbed her by the shoulders and tried to force her to kiss him. by the time i was there, he was leaving, and she didn't tell me what had gone down until he was gone/we had left. i would've probably gone apeshit on that punk. but for that i think i was somewhat justified.

whaddabout you?

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 10:17am

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This would probably be better in the Armory.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 10:34am

Style: Adult Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My breaking point is a total display of disrespect or having my life threatened in anyway. Most of my altercations come from driving. For whatever reason I seem to have a target painted on me and my vehicle. I cannot tell you how many times I have been either almost or fully pushed off the road because some jackass does not see me next to them or feel that I will back off if they just shoot in. There has only been one time were I actually pulled over to fight a guy. That ended in both of us doing the monkey posture game. Neither of us actually wanted a physical confrontation, we just needed to blow off some steam while facing each other face to face.

There was another time were I was at a concert with my wife and a couple of friends. These three huge jocks came in and planted themselves right in front of us. I was a bit ticked about it but whatever. As the concert began they slowly kept moving backwards toward us and basically pushing us back. They kept bumping into myself and my wife. I would push them forward when they would do this. This kept up for a few minutes and I just snapped. I took my middle knuckle on my right hand and dug it in to his spine as hard as I could. He instantly spun around and had the nerve to ask me what my problem was. I explained to him what the issue was in a not so polite way and told him if he and his friends had a problem with it lets step outside and take care of it. He basically apologized and stopped running in to us. They were all bigger and taller then myself, but I was so enraged with the display of total disrespect to myself and my wife, that I did not give a ****. They must have seen this because they had no desire to step outside with me to settle the conflict.

I am sure I could have handled this in a better way. But after twenty two years of getting bullied and pushed around that I had finally had enough and was completely willing to step outside. I have had anger issues most of my life and it is really hard for me to control it. I am getting better at it as I get older and a lot of **** I used to do I no longer partake in because it just ain't worth it anymore. I have no desire to go to jail over my stupid anger issues. People still piss me off but I just try and look the other way now. It is hard but I am getting better at it.

It also helps to take a MA to help get rid of a lot of that pent up anger. When you work your ass off in class, you usually do not have the energy to start a fight with some one. That is my anger management class. The best I could ask for.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 11:25am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    you see, i don't get the whole monkey posture game. can't do it.

facing someone up-close when we are both angry is a situation of potential danger IMO. even if i just wanna blow of steam, me doing it to him is asking for him to react.

when someone is having a heated conversation and gets in my face, i always ask them to step back a bit. i feel vulnerable in this position, because they can try to headbutt or punch me at any time. basically, if we're pissed at eachother, and you yell at me and come in close, i'm probably reacting physically, more out of caution than anger.

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 11:52am

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I hate it when people look at me funny.

What are you looking at? I keeeeeeeeel you man! I freeeking keeeeeeel you!

Who's the man now huh? Not so funny now is it? Who's the freeeeeking maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnn?!?!?!?

Loving Father

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 1:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Verbal abuse bs is a pretty lame excuse for a fight.

what are you guys. . .twelve?

the only situation(s) I can see fighting is:
    1 - a physical threat to family present
    2 - personal safety

other than that, what's the point?

`~/

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 4:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: FMA, Ego Warrior

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Meex View Post
    Verbal abuse bs is a pretty lame excuse for a fight.

what are you guys. . .twelve?

the only situation(s) I can see fighting is:
    1 - a physical threat to family present
    2 - personal safety

other than that, what's the point?

`~/
    You looking at me funny Meeks?!?!!?

j/k you really shouldn't take my last post seriously.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    10/27/2009 8:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    You looking at me funny Meeks?!?!!?
    No, I wasn't. . .it's just that you look funny! :XXjester:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    j/k you really shouldn't take my last post seriously.
    I wasn't. But, the op, and two other poster did indicate that.

`~/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 10:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    my post indicates i'd fight over words? :tard:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/28/2009 10:59am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^doh! you gonna take that **** from him?! kick his ass!
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast