Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/21/2006 5:21pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tenebrous,

There are old books from the early 20th century that use the Jiu- version, even Jyu for differing styles of JJ. Depends who was doing the transliteration when the art came over.

Check out the title of Renzo's book "Master JuJitsu" he is definitely talking about Brazilian in that book and using the JU.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Posted On:
    4/21/2006 5:25pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Bullshit, Tenebrous.

There were several spellings of jujutsu floating around since the introduction of the art to the West, before standardization of transliteration of Japanese to English became common place.

Jiu-jitsu was actually a very common English term.

By using this spelling, he is not claiming anything.

Oi. Looked it up. I think I'm going to refrain from posting for a while. Being wrong all the time is making me twitch.

Posted On:
    4/21/2006 6:02pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Askari
    Tenebrous,

There are old books from the early 20th century that use the Jiu- version, even Jyu for differing styles of JJ. Depends who was doing the transliteration when the art came over.

Check out the title of Renzo's book "Master JuJitsu" he is definitely talking about Brazilian in that book and using the JU.
    Yup. I'm wrong. My posting here is pretty much antithetical to the purpose of bullshido, as I am discovering that I have a tendency to misinterprit or misremember just about everything I hear or read. I think I'm just going to lurk from here on out.

Posted On:
    4/21/2006 7:45pm

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by erwin42
    I thought it was quite creative. Maybe I missed my calling. I'll start a conspiricy web site.
    More deflection tactics. Straight answers are not your forte.

McNeil is a respected martial artist. Lefiti was a respected martial artist. Ark Wong was a respected martial artist. Inside Kung Fu and Black Belt magazine are respected magazines that have published articles with McNeil and Wong in them. I say, you have the burden of proof here, not us
    Respected by whom? BB magazine? Ah, yes that unimpeachable bastion of journalism. **** them. Even if McNeil is respected, it doesn't mean he is being honest about splashing hands. Or that it is effective. He, and his students claimed it was effective. The burden of proof is on them. Saying otherwise is just ridiculous.

>>>You seem to know a lot about splashing hands, its techniques and concepts from this post. However later you claim you are ignorant of the system. Too ignorant to say whether it's techniques are effective. See the U-turn below.
    --
    I'm glad you think I know a lot and you want my opinion. Give me the exact link, if you want my opinion I'll give it.

I was taught not to drop your hands in practice because it would be a good way to get popped in the face in a fight. But don't you agree a high level practictioner can drop their hands if they trust their speed. I've seen lots of effective boxers and martial artists do it. What to do you think?
    I don't think you know a lot. Your post implied you knew a lot about splashing hands, and I said as much. Then you said you were too ignorant of the system to comment on its effectiveness. You do so here. You lie quite often. I think in general, you are full of ****. As for your opinions, they serve the purpose of showing your idiocy, lack of intellectual honesty (or honesty of any kind for that matter) and how obviously McNeil runs a McDojo.

Boxers, Thai boxers, karateka etc do feign a weakened guard on occassion. Good tactic. Generally thet put on a gassed look, and drop their guard- a little. A small opening to draw an overly commited attack from their opponent. Sometimes drop it almost all the way if there is enough distance and they have a good handle on their opponents speed. Its tends not to follow almost every attack tho, as in splashing hands forms.

I was also taught in splashing hands that hand and feet should hit at the same time. Again give me the link and I will look at the video.
    Its been posted twice in this thread already. See page 25 post 247 for the last instance, after u asked last time. I notice you mention being trained in splashing hands. Surely then you are in a position to critique it.

You put that elipses in a bad spot and you should have used . . . not four of them.
    Silly me. At least I'm not full of ****- something you can't claim at all.

I stand by my claim, if you have a question about the Butterfly form it is a five family system and you don't like someone's technique write a five family system master, rather than having me critique the technique. There are a lot of five family practictioners. Start emailing, I'm waiting for their response. I'm going to go watch UFC 59. Later
    Just to clarify- butterfly 1 + 2 are in fact five family forms, in your opinion?

The Bottom Brick

Posted On:
    4/21/2006 7:51pm

Style: BJJ, Ju-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrous
    Yup. I'm wrong. My posting here is pretty much antithetical to the purpose of bullshido, as I am discovering that I have a tendency to misinterprit or misremember just about everything I hear or read. I think I'm just going to lurk from here on out.
    Fall down seven times get up eight.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't **** with me!"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2006 12:40am

Style: kung fu and jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ronin check out this page. Maybe Douglas Wong can provide the answers you seek. I put an excerpt below, but there is more on the page.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9269

If you are looking for some information about "Splashing Hands," try researching Mok Ga. I believe that is the original name of the system studied by Mr. Lefiti. I had the opportunity to attend the Christmas party at Sifu Douglas Wong's school (White Lotus) a year, or 2 ago. At the party the students gave a demo of Mok Ga "Splashing Hands." Sifu D. Wong was a first generation student of Ark Wong, as well as Mr. Lefiti (his portrait is proudly posted on the wall with his additional masters). The demo was great, like everything that comes out of Sifu D. Wong's kwoon. This is one of the systems that is taught at the school. The excessive slapping is a unique characteristic of the system that is also strikingly similar to Mr. Parker's American Kenpo. My take on it is that it ensures relaxation while striking/blocking/checking. A "whipping torque" is what I use to describe the blocks and strikes of the art (hence the Kenpo saying that, "Strikes are the intermissions of relaxation.") Very powerful, sometimes difficult method of execution, since relaxation during combat is not a natural reaction. This makes Mr. Chapel's earlier post make even more sense about the Parker(Kenpo)/Lefiti(Splashing Hands) connection. I am convinced of it! Mr. Chapel is a great source of knowledge on this topic, being that he was around Ark Wong's school in L.A. Chinatown for some time. In addition, Mr. Chapel was the only person to respond to my post on a kenpo forum a while back, in regards to Mr. Lefiti. This is a part of EPAK history that many are not aware of. There is definitely a connection there somewhere! Hopefully, he can add something to this. As far as the name "Splashing Hands," I am not sure of its origin, or if it was made up over the years. I hope this helps you out. One more observation that I have made is that Aside from Kenpoists, Lima Lama practioners exhibit these same slapping characteristics as well. Some of their techniques I have seen seem even softer, in nature, than some Kenpo techniques. As we know, Mr. Lefiti was one of the founders of the Lima Lama system. Who knows?? Just observations!!!

Ever since I saw an old 8mm (black n white, no sound) 3-4 minute video, actually it was copied onto beta (yeah, remeber beta) of Mr. Lefiti I have been somewhat on a quest to find out more about him. Mr. Chapel's description of him was right on. Simply, awesome! I really do hope it helps you out.

Also, a quick side note: In regard to my screen name "Blending Hand." It is not associated with Splashing Hands. I have never studied this particular system. It basically refers to parries, or the passive, aggressive motion of redirecting an attack. Just FYI

Take care,
    Jay Brett

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2006 12:50am

Style: kung fu and jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oops, boardhitback did I accidently respond to one of your posts? I'm sorry.

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/22/2006 1:13am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Again you are posting responses that are deflections. I read this post as saying "I have no clue of what splashing hand is as a style."

Now, if you put this together with the previous post it makes sense.

No one knows what Spalshing hand is at all. We already know it isn't part of Mok Ga according to Siming(?). It is something Lefiti did in a style or as a technique.

This proves nothing and leaves it up for interpretation.

Posted On:
    4/22/2006 3:35am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oops, boardhitback did I accidently respond to one of your posts? I'm sorry.
    No, you didn't. Not surprised. No questions answered again. Just red herrings.

So why "Lao Tzu" McNeil?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/22/2006 8:42pm

Style: Xing yi-iron hand-shaolin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ..... lol, watchin the posts here are funny. All they do is go in circles