Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    7/03/2007 6:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    I have never heard of any historical indication that Bodhidharma had anything to do with Sanchin. The Yi Jin Jing is not Sanchin.
    I wish I could provide documents, but I only have some oral history. From what I understood, Sanchin was by product, if you will, of the breathing exercises. Again I don't have any real proof outside of what some of the older instructors have discussed with me. Perhaps my wording should have said, that it was highly agreed upon the people that I talked with. I'm still doing a bit a research on this as Okinawan history is not yeat my strong point. :)
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/03/2007 6:48pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The thing is, the majority of Chinese Sam Chien forms I have seen completely lack the focused breathing aspect seen in Okinawan Goju-ryu Sanchin.

And given the Bodhidharma link, the mere fact that Sanchin is not found in Northern Shaolin systems is telling.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678