Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Not over zealous, but just zealous enough. 病気の粗悪品

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 11:21am

Style: Okinawan Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    I think if you love your art you should continue to train with him and hope he doesn't wussout on you

Also what sort of powers does the head of your org. have over who can wear a patch or be able to call themselves members of the Orginasation ?If fatso quits on you you may want to consider going behind his back to the 'head guy and stab him in the back
    The head has total control legally over name and patches. He learned the hard way on that and has had to do it this way. But I don't think he would kick him out unless he does something immoral. The head of the organization has kicked MANY people out over the years for just such reasons. I could just let him "peter out" under his own power. But what I would really like is for him to train hard, get some real students who train hard too so my students and I would have more quality people to train and spar with.

If I kick his ass enough in these workouts I think he will get himself back into professional shape just to make his life easier in the weekly work out.

I have considered going to the headman, but we take these things very seriously and I should do everything I can to rectify the situation myself before I do that.

It would be nice if everyone who got a black belt was assured to contiue to train hard, but I have seen so many people over the years peter out that I know it doesn't work that way in the real world.

And if some guy in your system stops training it's not like you can just go over to his dojo and kill him.
    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 11:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    This guy is not your student and you are not his teacher. You have no business affiliation with him, either. Thus, this is not your business but the business of the people who gave him the "Black Belt" affiliation.

Talk to your organization and see whether you can get the go-ahead to either beat him down or build him up. If they won't do/allow anything and/or you won't talk to them, stay the **** out of it. You then have a choice to quit them or grin and bear it. If you quit, you can then beat him down or build him up on your own time.
    I have talked to some of the higher ups(on the phone just now), but not the headman himself (he is hard to talk to on the phone; english is not too good).

They told me for now to work with him and try to build him up. Show him the right things to do and try to get him straight if I can. The guy has to make a living, we all know that. Funny one of them said almost word for word what you just wrote.

"This guy is not your student and you are not his teacher. He has his students you have yours. You are not in buisness with him, But... you should try to help him." He said "Give it some time, and if things don't improve than walk away."

The organization at some point may send some one down to check on things, but it would have to get really bad for that to happen. He doesn't use the name of the orgaization in his advertising, but he does have the headman's picture on the wall of his dojo.

If things got really bad I assume they would have him take it down and revoke his certification. One of the guys on the phone said "You will have to go into his dojo and take his certificate away." He paused and laughed and then said he was just kidding. I thought about it. That would really suck to have to do that.

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 11:45am

Join us... or die
     Style: FBSD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PO9
    steal his students after humiliating him in a gong sau.
    Yeah.
    :new_all_c

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 11:50am

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take 4 months of BJJ and kick his ass.
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 12:34pm

Style: Baguazhang

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Rhamma,

I don't quite understand the situation. You have made it clear that this guy runs a McDojo. Being of that nature, why are you so concerned about the shodan that he received in your style when he has a godan in some **** style? Usually, McDojo Sensei's always refer to their highest dan grading so they can achieve some demi-god status with their dim-witted students.

Did he quit his old style and now only teaches the system that you belong to? Also, in most traditional Okinawan systems a shodan cannot run a dojo without being sponsored by someone higher in the organization. I believe you need a sponsor until at least a Sandan or Yondan grade. The role of the sponsor is to monitor the sensei so that this **** doesn't happen. To me, this points to a flaw in your organization and its politics, as you will always have jokers like this guy trying to make a buck.

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 1:06pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you train him, will it be in view of some of his students and parents of his students? It might be good for them to see the "real deal".

I tend to think it's a good thing to realize there are people out there who can beat your teacher into a pulp. I mean, I think my sifu is a total bad ass... but when I see his seniors who are even more bad ass? Brings in a total different understanding.

Dagon Akujin

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 1:40pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamma
    So now this is where I am. I am trying to decide if I should just totally blow him off, or if I should go over there once per week and “work his dick in the dirt” and get him back in shape and looking at least half assed. At this point I am inclined toward the latter. I would be interested in some comments from you guys.
    I don't see a down side in working once a week with the guy. You have a responsibility to take care of things within your own family. The guy seems to have a propensity for Twinkies and McDojo, but values a higher quality system and teaching. If he responds, you have a higher quality product, have satisfaction in doing something for your family, and maybe pick up a student or two from his "marketing-fu" that would be quality and worth working with.

If that doesn't work you could always change gears and enter his dojo with the "you have disglaced me and the Shaorin temple. Prepare to die" routine.
    Rip up his shodan certificate, break the picture of the head guy and say "you are no longer my brother. You are dead to me". And make sure you post the videos of this event on Bullshido....
    :icon_chee

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 2:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobayashi
    Rhamma,

I don't quite understand the situation. You have made it clear that this guy runs a McDojo. Being of that nature, why are you so concerned about the shodan that he received in your style when he has a godan in some **** style? Usually, McDojo Sensei's always refer to their highest dan grading so they can achieve some demi-god status with their dim-witted students.

Did he quit his old style and now only teaches the system that you belong to? Also, in most traditional Okinawan systems a shodan cannot run a dojo without being sponsored by someone higher in the organization. I believe you need a sponsor until at least a Sandan or Yondan grade. The role of the sponsor is to monitor the sensei so that this **** doesn't happen. To me, this points to a flaw in your organization and its politics, as you will always have jokers like this guy trying to make a buck.
    Usually in this organization you have to be a yondan to open a dojo, but this guy already had a dojo. The McDojo aspect is what bothers me the most, but right now there is little harm, because all he teaches is kids. And yes he did quit his old "style" because it was not very good. I supose if he has a sponsor it would be another guy here in Texas who is 7th dan. I have talked to him about it and he told me to do what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    If you train him, will it be in view of some of his students and parents of his students? It might be good for them to see the "real deal".

I tend to think it's a good thing to realize there are people out there who can beat your teacher into a pulp. I mean, I think my sifu is a total bad ass... but when I see his seniors who are even more bad ass? Brings in a total different understanding.

Dagon Akujin
    I think you are right about this although I don't tend to think of myself as a bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by chingythingy
    I don't see a down side in working once a week with the guy. You have a responsibility to take care of things within your own family. The guy seems to have a propensity for Twinkies and McDojo, but values a higher quality system and teaching. If he responds, you have a higher quality product, have satisfaction in doing something for your family, and maybe pick up a student or two from his "marketing-fu" that would be quality and worth working with.

If that doesn't work you could always change gears and enter his dojo with the "you have disglaced me and the Shaorin temple. Prepare to die" routine.
    Rip up his shodan certificate, break the picture of the head guy and say "you are no longer my brother. You are dead to me". And make sure you post the videos of this event on Bullshido....
    :icon_chee
    I agree with you the most. The family anology is one we use a lot. And it would be nice to have more people to train and spar with.

Anybody know where I could find a film crew to film the "Prepare to die routine"?

LOL

What music should be in the background? ~ Drowning Pool, Let the bodies hit the floor? LOL

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 4:24pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You sound like a nice guy. So do what a nice guy would do.

Help him out. Whip his ass into shape, correct his technique, and turn his jelly ass into a finely tuned killing machine bent on world domination...

I've said too much.

I would keep one stipulation, though.

He MUST keep a good attitude and treat you as his instructor. You might want to pop in every now and then and teach a class, or oversee promotions...at which point he should defer to you and treat you with the utmost respect in front of his students. You have age and experience on him, so it shouldn't look too odd...and may, in fact, help him get some credibility if a senior and superior instructor makes an appearance.

Because you sound like a nice guy, the idea of "Humbling" an instructor in his own school may bother you...but he should be able to recognize how much his students could learn from his example.

Good luck and keep us posted.

P.S. The "Ignore" feature is great. I suggest you use it on some of the more bothersome posters.

Your RBSD Cannot Save You Now.

Posted On:
    3/16/2006 4:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Spanish Rapier/Epee/Foil

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Arguing with people is part of the fun.
    Humiliating noobz over the internet is the first step in preparing himself to humble the McDojo instructor.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast