Posted On:
    3/05/2006 8:13pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Oklahoma follows Kansas to Dark Ages

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...l/14002872.htm

This is just the beginning, many states are and have been trying to pass similar bills.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.

Genius

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 8:20pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." – Voltaire.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 8:26pm

Style: Kung Fu/TKD/MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't get me started on this (I'm an evolutionary and behavioural ecologist).....
    creationism has no place in a science lesson. it. is. not. science.
    fair enough teach it, but keep it in RE lessons.

Genius

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 8:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since the wording says "All scientific views..." it should exclude ID and Creationism. I doubt, however, that the proponents of this bill see it as such.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 8:33pm

Style: Kung Fu/TKD/MMA n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's the problem, the people making the bill don't understand science and how a scientific theory is different to what anyone else would call a theory. A scientific theory is more or less fact: gravity is a theory, relativity is a theory. And if anyone is interested, I can send you copies of papers showing "evolution in action" as it were, real life animals that are mutating and speciating right now.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 8:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think mabye the better way of presenting it would be:

Not everyone believes in science, here are some alternative theories that have nothing to do with science.

OOOOOOOOOOAAARRGGHH RLY?

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 8:38pm

supporting member
     Style: In Transition

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They try to teach science. Instead of asking a scientist what science is, claiming scientists are biased, they ask their preacher. Awesome.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 8:42pm

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I see your anti-evolution quackery and rasie you one establishment of religion

http://www.house.mo.gov/bills061/bil...o/HCR0013I.htm

Whereas, our forefathers of this great nation of the United States recognized a Christian God and used the principles afforded to us by Him as the founding principles of our nation; and

Whereas, as citizens of this great nation, we the majority also wish to exercise our constitutional right to acknowledge our Creator and give thanks for the many gifts provided by Him; and

Whereas, as elected officials we should protect the majority's right to express their religious beliefs while showing respect for those who object; and

Whereas, we wish to continue the wisdom imparted in the Constitution of the United States of America by the founding fathers; and

Whereas, we as elected officials recognize that a Greater Power exists above and beyond the institutions of mankind:

Now, therefore, be it resolved by the members of the House of Representatives of the Ninety-third General Assembly, Second Regular Session, the Senate concurring therein, that we stand with the majority of our constituents and exercise the common sense that voluntary prayer in public schools and religious displays on public property are not a coalition of church and state, but rather the justified recognition of the positive role that Christianity has played in this great nation of ours, the United States of America.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard

Genius

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 8:43pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ahh.. Missouri is now adopting an official state religion

That's just sick. Good thing it's just a resolution and has no legal consequence at all.

10th level Superlesson Grandmaster

Posted On:
    3/05/2006 8:47pm

Style: Currently Inactive

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not too worried, the shenanigans in Dover nipped this in the bud. Ultrawhackoconservative Utah couldn't even get something similar passed, Ohio dropped it's anti-evolution stance and so did some school district in California.
    Who, for Pete’s sake! Is opposing science? In fact, we want MORE science by CRITICALLY ANALIZING the evidence-Connie Morris, Kansas State BOE (bolding and underlining part of original quote, red is my emphasis)

As long as you try to treat your subjective experiences as if they were objective experiences, you will continue to be confounded by people who disagree with you.-some guy on an internet messageboard
Page 1 of 20 1 234511 ... LastLast