Welcome to Bullshido

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 10:31am

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What Ronin.74 means to say is, you've wasted all your time and you suck.
    Now what are you gonna do about it?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 11:22am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock
    Wow, a discussion about me.
    Ain't it cool?

They are Jujitsu, Boxing, Muay Thai and Kyuk Too Ki.
    Who was your Kyuktooki instructor and which Kyuktooki association are you affiliated with?

I no longer talk with him. I guess he never took the original vids off youtube.
    No, he didn't, and the main concern was not the vids themselves, but the fact that he advertises other Kyuktooki fighters as being Taekwondo fighters, which is not the case.

I've also found my videos popping up on other websites, often being mislabeled with various martial arts.
    Yeah, pretty much what was the cause of the problem here.

So, what can we infer from you not talking with him anymore?

Also, I noticed there was some confusion about "Kyuk Too Ki/King Too Ki".
    Actually, there's little confusion about Kyuktooki here, as well have a few posters who are fairly knowledgable about Kyuktooki and Korean martial culture in general. If anything, it is your "friend" Keitarosuwa who is confused about Kyuktooki, and that resulted in this thread (and several others). Keitaro's videos pop up at least once or twice a month here with someone proclaiming "Taekwondo works!", and I end up having to explain that Kyuktooki is not Taekwondo all over again.

Several of us made attempts to explain to Keitaro the facts about Kyuktooki, only to be told we're wrong (we have people here who have lived in Korea, are Korean, and/or speak Korean).

I would personally like to see the videos changed, just so I don't have to deal with this anymore.

Thank you for having the balls to man up and post here. You won't receive a warm reception, and will likely face some hard questions and criticism. It's our way, being skeptics. How well you can handle the heat will determine the level of respect you get here.

I look forward to your answers.

Posted On:
    6/19/2006 6:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I can't really stick around and be an avid poster, but thanks for the welcome.

Maverickz: No, I am not self taught in TKD.

Ronin.74: I learn the techniques from friends within the Martial Arts community, and train them on my own. I dont have the time to visit 5 different schools for training. My schedule just doesnt allow it.

DerAuslander108: I messaged him. He said he's already changed the videos.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 12:06am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I can't really stick around and be an avid poster, but thanks for the welcome.
    Glad to have you anyway.

DerAuslander108: I messaged him. He said he's already changed the videos.
    He removed the two Kyuk Too Ki videos. He does still have a couple vids of you up, just in case you wanted to know.

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    6/20/2006 12:20am

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    He removed the two Kyuk Too Ki videos. He does still have a couple vids of you up, just in case you wanted to know.
    I once dated this TKD black belt and well during the course of some full contact grappling some photos and such were taken. I've had the hardest time getting her to give those darn things back. Truth be told I was in pretty darn good shape at the time so I don't mind too too much, but its the principle really.

Were was I? I can't remember. I might have had a point but it seems lost now.

Ciao!

TKD Black Belt

ps - I also have a yellow belt in Kenpo in case you were wondering.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/20/2006 10:42pm

Style: Kyuk Toogi, Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Kyuk Toogi

Hi everybody,

I'm new to bullshido, but I couldn't resist this thread, I'm not sure if it's still active, but here goes nothing. I'm a Kyuk Toogi Black Belt in the World Kyuk Toogi Federation, trained in Korea and I also have a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, but that was earned in Canada. I have also trained some Hapkido and BJJ. Unlike a lot of Kyuk Toogi practioners I learned Tae Kwon Do after training Kyuk Toogi, so I have a bit of a different perspective.

In terms of direct translation Kyuk Toogi translates into something akin to Full contact fighting, and yes it is essentially a mixed martial art. All styles are welcome to compete in the competitions, however, Kyuk Toogi is currently taught as it's own martial art. It is very similar to Muay Thai kickboxing. It utilizes 8 point striking and throws and takedowns are permitted and they score points in bouts, depending on the degree of difficulty of the throw or takedown, there is however no groundfighting. Most Korean instructors will tell you that the techniques come from Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai and Yudo (Korean Judo).

In terms of the kicks in Kyuk Toogi, they are quite different from Tae Kwon Do and I have done both, there are some kicks that are the same, but as someone correctly posted earlier in this thread the kicking surface is the shin, not the top of the foot as in Tae Kwon Do. Kyuk Toogi does not use the all of the same moves as Muay Thai, many Thai elbow and knee techniques are different, and amateur Kyuk Toogi matches do not usually allow elbow or knee strikes, due to the danger they pose. And of course, I'm sure different teachers probably teach some different techniques.

I have competed at the amateur level in Korea and medaled. The sport is fairly big and tends to be dominated by pure Kyuk Toogi fighters and Muay Thai fighters. There are also many Hapkido practioners, because Kyuk Toogi is often taught in the same Dojangs, and those inclined to participate in full contact fighting usually cross train in Kyuk Toogi.

There seem to be a lot of misconceptions about this sport, and I'm hoping to help dispel some of them. I have some home videos of competitons in Korea, they are not the best quality, but if anyone would like to see them please just let me know, and I'll figure out how to post them. Also, if there is any question about my credentials, so to speak, I'd be happy to provide them if necessary. If anyone has any questions about Kyuk Toogi, or anything I've said, please feel free to post and I'd be happy to reply. As far as Kyuk Toogi on the web the only authentic stuff I've seen was a video for sale on some web site, turtlepress.com I think, but don't quote me, I will however, check out the ones that have been posted on this site.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789