Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 5:31pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The funny thing is this is the guy's my space account, it's just wierd he says one thing on one account and something different in the youtube description.

http://groups.myspace.com/index.cfm?...B-6BEF-EE85-A3

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 8:28pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'd like to find out if he is actually a Kyuktooki competitor or trains in a Kyuktooki school. I doubt it. The impression I get is that he watched the Turtle Press vids (which are good) and got all his information from there. I'm pretty sure he can't read Hangul.

Administrator

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 8:45pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why don't you ask him?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 9:57pm

Style: ex-Judo starting bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As far as I know, gyuktoogi is a generic term meaning kickboxing. It's not a specific style. It should NOT have anything to do with TKD in any way, shape or form. But then again my korean is not really up to date since I moved to the U.S. several years ago. Feel free to correct.

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 10:05pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Why don't you ask him?
    I did. He hasn't responded that yet.

However, to my other PM he responded that Kyuktooki teaches the same kicks as Taekwondo, and therefore came from Taekwondo and is the same as Taekwondo.

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 10:13pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was my response to him.

"Kyuktooki teaches some kicks in common with Taekwondo, but its kicking methodology is very different, preferring shin impact over instep impact. Kyuktooki also teaches low kicks, which are not allowed in Taekwondo competition.

Kyuktooki was not born out of Taekwondo. Can you tell me the origination of modern Kyuktooki?

If you were able to read Korean, you would know that Shin Ooyung is not a Taekwondo fighter. He would likely not appreciate being called a Taekwondo fighter.

While Taekwondo fighters do compete in Kyuktooki matches, this is not one of them. You are misrepresting Kyuktooki and Taekwondo with your description of this video. Please change it.

If, as far as you are concerned, Kyuktooki and Taekwondo are the same thing, then, as far as I am concerned, you don't know what you are talking about. You are more than welcome to prove otherwise."

Keeeeee-Yeah!

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 11:11pm

Style: Whoo-Hoo-Fu!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Grand Master Park Jung Tae, split off from the ITF and formed the GTF. The style of fighting is very similar to what is being discribed. Essentially a style of TKD that was full contact head to waist with continual rounds (American Kickboxing). When I made the transition to Muay Thai I was able to do it fairly seemlessly based on 5 years of competing under this style of rules.

GTF was subsequently swallowed back up by the ITF when GMPark passed away a few years back. However, while it lasted it was a lot of fun!

TKD

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 11:22pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    After reading the essay on his MySpace where he proclaims his love for Japanese girls (my step-sister got a kick out of that), I looked up this kid's dojang.

The site proclaims Taekwondo as a modern sport based on an ancient Korean martial art...gag me...

It says that Taekwondo is the ultimate martial art because it trains students to deal with multiple attackers...

Why do I even share an art name with people like this?

His MySpace page has vids of him supposedly training in KTK. Mostly it's just him punching a BOB bag and throwing TKD kicks at it. I saw little that convinced me he's received training in KTK. There was no sparring, nothing other than BOB work and TKD paddle work.

Kyuk Too Ki is not listed as being taught on his website.

And after reading that essay of his...

I'm ashamed I ever said Rika Ishikawa is hot...

This is the kinda white boy I try to keep away from my step-sisters.
    Last edited by Jiggle Butt; 3/14/2006 11:30pm at .

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 11:25pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKD Black Belt
    Grand Master Park Jung Tae, split off from the ITF and formed the GTF. The style of fighting is very similar to what is being discribed. Essentially a style of TKD that was full contact head to waist with continual rounds (American Kickboxing). When I made the transition to Muay Thai I was able to do it fairly seemlessly based on 5 years of competing under this style of rules.

GTF was subsequently swallowed back up by the ITF when GMPark passed away a few years back. However, while it lasted it was a lot of fun!

TKD
    Sounds interesting. Too bad it died. You'd probably fit in very well in AIMAA.

:XXspam:

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 11:45pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Interesting under his "Welcome to KyukTooGi" forum hea says this in a new hybrid art. Not that new, I had MT coach in Korea who had a picture of himself from many years ago when he was a Kyuktoogi division champ. How long has KyukTooGi been around DerAuslander?
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast