Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Genius

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 11:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At any rate, this video isn't evidence that eye gouges work to end fights. I didn't see anyone posting video of Kobe Bryant's elbow as evidence that elbows stop fights either. Yes, they can stop fight, yes they can do lots of damage but I also know a guy that was shot in the chest and beat the guy up that shot him.. he didn't know he was shot because of the shock and adrenaline AND he was protecting his family.

Eyegouges are bad, really bad, but this video simply isn't evidence that it's the gold technique.

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 11:46pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yep...soooo...anything new?

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 11:47pm

Style: Karate, Sadism, Violence.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf54
    thats pretty messed up, i mean you could see the eye almost popping out.
    Yeah. My stomach knotted when I saw that. Nasty stuff.

Posted On:
    3/15/2006 11:51am

Style: JJ of the B variety

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    the new Dawn of the Dead is awesome. I can't wait til they come out with the sequel
    My thoughts exactly. If there's gonna be a sequel, that's one I'll have to catch on opening day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/21/2006 7:25pm

Style: Intergalactic

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a math teacher in the eighth grade who used to put his glass eye on his desk when he left the class and say 'I'm watching you little buggers!'

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 1:32am

Style: BJJ & MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher
    On a related note, at this week's Stirkeforce MMA event in California, 6'2" 250 pound Krzysztof Soszynski was incapcitated by an inadvertent eye poke by Mike "Mac" Kyle.

Soszynski was being out fought and out hustled by Kyle, although Kyle was amped up by fighting in front of home crowd to the point of fighting sloppy. Almost immediately before the eye poke Kyle was deducted a point for hitting Soszynski low with a knee.

After being poked Soszynski was instantly transformed from a guy losing but still fighting to someone with no hope of defending himself. After the doctor confirmed he could not see, the fight was called a technical draw.
    I doubt it was inadvertent. Kyle fights dirty. He bit Wes Sims.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 3:43am

supporting member
     Style: Yoseikan Budo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken

Eyegouges are bad, really bad, but this video simply isn't evidence that it's the gold technique.
    nobody said it was a gold technique as it's hard to do on someone who knows what he's doing but to think that a good eye gouge will not incapacitate someone is stupid.

for your 1 guy that kept fighting when being shot there are hundreds that just died by the way, it depends were the bullet hits and of the situation.
    Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 5:23am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bas Rutten tells a story of taking on ( and beating ) a team of bouncers AFTER having had his eye poked out.
    But then it is Mr.Rutten....
    On the other hand I saw a guy running away from a brawl with his eye dangling.
    He was not disabled, hence the running, but his will to fight had gone. He was in what looked like "survival mode", just trying to evade further harm.
    As with any technique, people will react differently, I am sure that we can find instances of people still fighting while they should be dead.
    We are in the realm of probability here and examples are just a substitute to data.
    As Mr Mc Young repeats in his interesting books "there is no guarantee in a fight".
    I think poking both eyes might do the trick though.

:headbang:

Genius

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 9:32am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eye poking might do the trick. Choking a person unconscious is a gold technique.

Vae Victus

Posted On:
    3/22/2006 10:06am

Style: Hapmudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ignoring any associated pain for the moment, if I had my eye popped out in a fight (as happened in the video) I would probably be a little bit distracted by the orb of gelatin hanging from a few inches of optical nerve coming out of my bleeding socket.

Even if I could continue fighting (which I highly doubt) my own desire to protect my eye from any further harm would certainly cause me to curl up into a little ball saying "not in the face! not in the face!" in a selfish attempt to preserve my vision for future girl oogling.

So, is a well executed shot to the eye a surfire fight ender? Not necessarily. Is it a good distraction method? Almost certainly. I've taken a shot in the balls before and kept fighting (well until the second shot to the balls less than a minute later). I don't know that I would keep fighting after a solid poke in the eye.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast