Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 9:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WunHungLo
    I really hate to say it, but that movie totally owned Romero's latest zombie flick.

It was a good movie, for sure. Romero's zombie flicks are not to be appreciated in the same way. It's like saying Alive was a better movie than Airplane.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 10:02pm

Style: Sombo, Judo, San Soo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Do you really think this is evidence that an eyepoke will stop a trained fighter? Against a well-trained figher, such a poke might be a slight distraction. Sure, he might lose his sight in that eye, but a little poke like that probably wouldn't end the fight."

Fantasyland **** like this still makes me laugh.

Being in the bar business in LA (that's Los Angeles for those of you in sister lovin' country) for 20 years, I've seen people eye gouged many times and it definitely beats a jab for an opener. The guy will grab for his eye every time, opening up other targets.

If a trained fighter who lacks street experience he will quickly end up on the ground being beaten with a bar stool and some 275lb. asshole stomping his neck (with my yelling "Use you Jiu-Jitsu buddy!". I used to say "Let's see your karate" but times have changed.).

Genius

Posted On:
    3/13/2006 10:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Can Opener
    Being in the bar business in LA (that's Los Angeles for those of you in sister lovin' country) for 20 years, I've seen people eye gouged many times and it definitely beats a jab for an opener. The guy will grab for his eye every time, opening up other targets.

Depends on the person. If he's a well trained fighter, he'll likely just get very pissed off, especially if he is in a "real" fight where his life is on the line. In fact, if he's a good fighter, he might decide that two eyes for one eye is the way to go and do it. Eyegouges aren't the end of a fight unless it's a sporting event and it's a foul.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 9:21am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Do you really think this is evidence that an eyepoke will stop a trained fighter? Against a well-trained figher, such a poke might be a slight distraction. Sure, he might lose his sight in that eye, but a little poke like that probably wouldn't end the fight.
    Ken,

Can you provide evidence that it wouldn't stop a trained fighter? That runs counter to Punishers second post. The one about a MMA fight being stopped due to a competitor being incapacitiated by an eye poke.

Further. even if it doesn't stop them. there's a good chance that it's going to slow them down. And regardless of whether it's a self defense situation or a match, that's going to be to their opponents advantage.

None of us are advocating "go for the eyes boo" (a noprize to anyone who gets that reference). Eye pokes are difficult to deliver and anyone who is relying on them as their only weapon needs to have their head examined. But sticking your head in the sand and saying it will have no effect just demonstrates a willful and intentional ignorance.

- Matt

Look, I think we all admit that treating an eye poke like a panacea is rediculous. At the same time, treating it like it would have no effect on the famed "trained fighter" (someone you seem to be elevating to the status of the mythical streetfighter) is rediculous as well.

I've personally seen fights stopped due to scratched corneas.
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 9:53am

Style: Beatyerass

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I knew a guy with a glass eye who licked to pop it out into his pint in the pub just for shits and giggles. Worked a treat.

Old School DM

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 10:15am

supporting member
     Style: Nothing current

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bernius
    None of us are advocating "go for the eyes boo" (a noprize to anyone who gets that reference)
    Baldur's Gate for the win!
    Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 10:18am

supporting member
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashnak
    Baldur's Gate for the win!
    Point and Match. Please wait 10 to 12 weeks for delivery. Some parts may not exist.

- Matt
    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
    Kali, & what ever works
    Renaissance Martial Arts
    Rochester, NY

wants jade ring

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 10:25am

supporting member
     Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ken rebuttal is sure to be somewhere along the lines that you love jesus.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 10:44am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah...more great TBK logic...or lack there of...

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 11:12am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaiboxerken
    Depends on the person. If he's a well trained fighter, he'll likely just get very pissed off, especially if he is in a "real" fight where his life is on the line. In fact, if he's a good fighter, he might decide that two eyes for one eye is the way to go and do it. Eyegouges aren't the end of a fight unless it's a sporting event and it's a foul.
    Do you comprehend the difference between "poking" the eye, "jamming" the eye, and "gouging" the eye? I'd love to try one of the latter two and see how well you or your magical "trained fighter" will shrug it off like a bull who got slapped in the face.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123 4567 LastLast