OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    3/14/2006 6:51pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol boobs
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 12:15am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

belts

I had to reply since I know Matt personally. You have to understand where he is coming from here. He flies all over the world giving seminars. He has been asked the belt thing zillions of times. This is his defining statement on the subject to answer all the questions once and for all so people in the organization can be clear about belts and everything related in our organization. It is long winded yes, but by necessity.

On another note, I used to think Matt was an asshole also. That was before I knew him. His words sound sharp at times. He pulls no punches. Believe me he knows exactly what he is talking about. Probably one of the smartest guys I know.

A quick word about the gyms in our organization. Matt describes it well. If you go to any sbg around the world you won't see a clone of Thornton or anything like it. Matt likes to let people follow their own thing. We are joined together by a few guiding principles that we all hold dear. That way we can have differences of opinion about how some things are done but we are all connected by a common belief system.

Knee + Head = Black Eye * 2

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 12:53am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by douubleouch
    I had to reply since I know Matt personally. You have to understand where he is coming from here. He flies all over the world giving seminars. He has been asked the belt thing zillions of times. This is his defining statement on the subject to answer all the questions once and for all so people in the organization can be clear about belts and everything related in our organization. It is long winded yes, but by necessity.

On another note, I used to think Matt was an asshole also. That was before I knew him. His words sound sharp at times. He pulls no punches. Believe me he knows exactly what he is talking about. Probably one of the smartest guys I know.

A quick word about the gyms in our organization. Matt describes it well. If you go to any sbg around the world you won't see a clone of Thornton or anything like it. Matt likes to let people follow their own thing. We are joined together by a few guiding principles that we all hold dear. That way we can have differences of opinion about how some things are done but we are all connected by a common belief system.
    I think people are just complaining that his writing is overly verbose and often trails off on tangents that don't necessarily have anything to do with his thesis. There's no doubt in my mind that his thesis is at the very least solid (whether or not I agree with it), but he could use some editing,
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 1:05am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Samfoo
    I think people are just complaining that his writing is overly verbose and often trails off on tangents that don't necessarily have anything to do with his thesis. There's no doubt in my mind that his thesis is at the very least solid (whether or not I agree with it), but he could use some editing,
    Indeed.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 9:35am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I understand that his writing is not to everyone's taste. I just resent the personal attacks. Especially on someone you haven't met. Examples:
    "He is a pseudo intellectual, I dont think he understands half of what he writes."
    "I just think he's his own biggest nuthugger."

Bullshit guys.

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 11:52am

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've never met the man but agree with a lot of what he writes. He goes out of his way to not insult while stating his beliefs bluntly. I like that. I would gladly train with him. I would then gladly break bread with him.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 11:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by douubleouch
    I understand that his writing is not to everyone's taste. I just resent the personal attacks. Especially on someone you haven't met. Examples:
    "He is a pseudo intellectual, I dont think he understands half of what he writes."
    "I just think he's his own biggest nuthugger."

Bullshit guys.
    He may be right, but he can't write.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    5/01/2006 11:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by gojuJKDdude
    I think Matt is great but I agree somewhat with UpaLumpa. He is a pseudo intellectual, I dont think he understands half of what he writes.

Hahaha. Really? So you think Thornton writes really complicated and intellectual stuff? Talk about a backfiring insult.
    More human than human is our motto.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123