I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 11:39pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost
    Hmm, curby has been rather quiet recently...
    He's probaby at the TFT private forum receiving moral support and guidance from pastor Torin and his fellow nimrods there. If he were smart, he'd stop posting at this thread as he's only serving to further embarrass the TFT sect.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/03/2007 11:45pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal MAP
    So having waded through all this, TFT basically comes down to hitting bits of the body that hurt.

Hardly revolutionary is it?

In fact when I subscribed (and quickly unsubscribed) from their newsletter I cited my reasons as "Having trained in MA for 17 years and been an LEO for 8, TFT shows me nothing that I did not already know"

I wonder if they will reply?
    Unlikely. Newsletters while touches on a few points (sometimes incorrectly), it's little more than an advertisement tool when you come right down to it.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 12:01am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From my limited understanding of TFT (as based on the claims made here), it comes down to hitting parts of the body that make said body react in universally predictable ways, with the end intent of injuring your opponent through motor dysfunction rather than pain compliance.

I'd be interested in seeing TFT perform against a cracked out guy who jumped into his mother's house through a window (that was closed at the time) and began beating the **** out of his family. He was stopped with a taser, but he fought so hard between the 'stuns' that the cops on scene had to keep restunning him. They eventually ran one taser out of battery power and had to transition to a second one before they could get him cuffed.
    Knowing Curby, our resident TFT fruit loop, would probably just touch that guy with a single finger causing his rib cage to implode and resulting in respiratory failure.

I bet you guys never knew TFT was a basis for a weekly television show. ->

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj4fh...elated&search=

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 6:43am

Style: Boxing.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    not that it is important, but: im pretty sure the kinetic energy is E_kin=1/2 * m * v^2, and not 1/2 * (m*v)^2.
    stupid first post ^ ^

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 8:18am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ech, you are correct, Wei-chi-student. I wrote the formula incorrectly.
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
    - Terry Goodkind, "Faith of the Fallen"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 8:29am

Style: Violence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol I'm sorry about that. did'nt realise you actually took the nun falling out of the sky thiing litterally lol you are all truly histerical. but thats go ahead and keep talking about it, its fun to see you do it.

I love the way someone said that it is not revolutionary because they are absolutly correct. Violence has been around from the dawn of time with cain and abel (hope I spelt that correct or else my religious beliefs might arise in someone's next post) and all TFT teaches is the use of violence so there is nothing revolutionary there, but they do teach it in the best way that I have ever seen in my 14 or so years in martial arts.

sorry to say TFT is something the guy in the cell with you can teach you, lol not in the way you think LOst :-) because I don't believe any of those guys were in there for loosing a fight. though they never spent years in a dojo they seem to be preety effecient at doing violence.

Do I expect the guy to stand there at let me hit him? well i wish he would be sadly I dont think he'll be that generous, wether or not he can stop me is another story. I could go into the actual application of that idea but what good would it do when talking to someone who is already set in their ways. but I will ask a question. How will you get that first hit in? And I'm sure what ever answer you come up with would not be that far away from how I expect to. I do expect to be punched, kicked, if there is a knife involved cut. not because I don't talk about it means I totally neglect those things but the fact is I can bounce my fist of the guy's head all day but nothing is going to stop the fight till one of us gets injured and the guy continues to cause further injury. A lot of you are still thinking of violence as dueling. we both square off and ready and then we try to hit each other, and if you continue to think of what I'm talking about like that you'll never understand where I'm coming from. whether the fight went to the ground and we are there slugging it away and in between in he gets me in a head lock and introduces me to his groin which I then hit with everything that I have or I just finished pulling my money out at the ATM and I turn around and he's right in my face with a knife and I knee him to the bladder, the only thing that would have changed the tides was injury. No one comes to mug you and drops into an inverted frog stance then asks you for your money, they tipically have to be close enough for you to register the threat which is often close enough for you to get to your target.

On the topic of a drugged out attacker. Ask yourself that question and give me the answer you come up with k, but my answer would be a crushed throat, amoung other things.

I'm going to leave you guys with this post, say as you wish about what ever you wish, but I have found what I have always thought self defence was about and I guess you guys have also.

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 9:16am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just have to point out that you are not a good representative of TFT. A representative should at least try and use the language correctly...spelling, grammar, little things like that.

lol I'm sorry about that. did'nt realise you actually took the nun falling out of the sky thiing litterally lol you are all truly histerical. but thats go ahead and keep talking about it, its fun to see you do it.
    If you didn't catch the humor in my post about the woman falling out of the sky, I'm not going to bother to explain...

I love the way someone said that it is not revolutionary because they are absolutly correct. Violence has been around from the dawn of time with cain and abel (hope I spelt that correct or else my religious beliefs might arise in someone's next post) and all TFT teaches is the use of violence so there is nothing revolutionary there, but they do teach it in the best way that I have ever seen in my 14 or so years in martial arts.
    You referenced a biblical story, the dawn of time, and the presence of violence in human nature all in the same sentence. You've joined an elite club, my friend. It might be time to go hang out with them instead of us poor ignorant folks. Besides, I trace my martial lineage to Cain...

A lot of you are still thinking of violence as dueling.
    You're an idiot. Have you really managed to misread all of the threads where we mention real fights or violence?

On the topic of a drugged out attacker. Ask yourself that question and give me the answer you come up with k, but my answer would be a crushed throat, amoung other things.
    And how do you expect to hit his throat? And, should you hit it, do you really expect to crush it? Have you ever crushed a throat? The larynx is fairly elastic, after all. Do a little experiment - next time your dog attacks your wife, grab it by the throat (which is what I did not too long ago). Hmmm, it doesn't crush easily.
    Besides, you missed the point. The issue of the drugged out attacker was to bring up someone who is not going to react to pain stimuli, thus rendering your "reflex reactions" useless.

I'm going to leave you guys with this post, say as you wish about what ever you wish, but I have found what I have always thought self defence was about and I guess you guys have also.
    This is what I was talking about when I mentioned learning to write coherently. What the **** are you trying to say, other than you are running away because you can't handle us questioning your style?
    "Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way to grasping reality -- it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 1:04pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just have to point out that you are not a good representative of TFT. A representative should at least try and use the language correctly...spelling, grammar, little things like that.

This is what I was talking about when I mentioned learning to write coherently. What the **** are you trying to say, other than you are running away because you can't handle us questioning your style?
    I can only surmise we are either dealing with an extremely young individual or someone unused to having his conceptual views challenged. This would account for the deterioration of his posts. While he's futilely attempting to put a positive spin on his position, his emotion laden responses are in fact causing the reverse. The members here will note his only recourse is say whenever his argument fails, "Well, TFT says this...," meaning of course Curby is incapable of thinking for himself. I should point out, having visited the TFT private forum years previous, the individuals there don't engage in any meaningful debate. It is a place rife with sycophancy and yes-men. That breeds lazy thinking, so I'm not all that surprised when one of those mental mites jumps headlong into a place such as Bullshido and is torn apart.

Posted On:
    1/04/2007 1:22pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the individuals there don't engage in any meaningful debate. It is a place rife with sycophancy and yes-men.
    Hmmph, sounds like us state workers.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    2/27/2007 11:38pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Can you tell what TFT is doing wrong in this footage?

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=torinhill
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 10111213 ... LastLast