• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    12/26/2006 12:21pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     New York MMA Examiner Style: magic FUCKING powers!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I imagine the headbutt to the solar plexus is an unpleasant end to what was expected to be a blow job.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    12/26/2006 12:24pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I imagine the headbutt to the solar plexus is an unpleasant end to what was expected to be a blow job.
    lol - thus the unsuspecting opponent?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/26/2006 8:31pm

Style: Violence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol good to see you guys still have your since of humour. the solar plexus shot that I think everyone who saw the world cup finals was just to show that it works, his tool of choice to get the job done was a poor choice though :-).
    Well I'm not going to say that you did not see the guy get hit successfully in the groin and not have it phase him but I will say that I've never seen such a show of will power before. So saying that it did happen what do you think you could have done in the situation to shut the guy off apart from using a weapon?
    Last edited by curby82; 12/26/2006 8:33pm at .

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    12/27/2006 8:28am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Incidentally, I think that headbutt was more sternum than solar plexus...

So saying that it did happen what do you think you could have done in the situation to shut the guy off apart from using a weapon?
    I seem to remember that he was brought down with a Tazer (best tool since the baton, IMO), but absent that I probably would have tried to choke him out. Absent that, motor dysfunction over pain compliance (which I believe you or another TFT supporter has mentioned) - rather than go for strikes that rely on pain to debilitate, try to target things that will disable him even if he doesn't feel it. Assuming lethal force (or that which is likely to cause death or great bodily harm), elbows and knees, eyes, throat, etc...

To be fair, I have seen a couple of fights ended with the groin shot, but my entire point is that you cannot RELY on a pain compliance target to have a universally predictable effect.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:17am

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by curby82
    First I'll start with the reflex actions that is one of the stones that tft is based on.
    Now you guys can talk semantics all day long but look at it from this point of view. If I step in and hit you with a brick to the nose, will your hands stay at your sides or go to your knee to protect it? obviously not I think we can all have an objective view as to how the body would react to that.
    First of all, your assuming you're able go through the this entire set of motions with no reaction on the part of the intended victim up to the point of impact. Out of curiosity, are you always going to be carrying a brick where ever you travel? Unlikely. Sorry chum, the real world doesn't operate like that. If you truly comprehended the somatic nervous system you would've known that a flinch response is the first reaction before the point of impact, second, a possible evasion of the head without conscious thought and if they’re well trained, they may even retaliate. Your ‘brick to the face’ concoction is further compromised if they are keenly aware of the brick in your hand as you approach, even if you’re attempting to hide it, that alone would raise alarms in the person you’re trying to assault.

So what about a kick to the groin that ruptures a testicle or both? would your pelvis arch foward toward the thing that injured it and would your hands fly up into the air or would it go the area of injury to try and protect it from getting said injury a second time and would'nt your pelvis move away from that negative stimuli? duh! so you guys can spend all day carrying us back to biology class with all the fancy diagrams and terms but just from the basic examples that i posted there I think we can all see what will happen in actuality. TFT is not talking about tapping an area to get the body to react a certain way.... no forget that, its about breaking an anatomically weak area of the body and then the body cries out telling you to do something to protect yourself, its like mashing the gas after the light has already turned red, but you already got it.
    You really do live in a fantasy world don’t you. While there is a degree of somatic reactions that are predictable, your lack of education in these matters regarding the differences you will find from individual to individual with their physiological and psychological tolerance to pain, quite frankly borders on naiveté. Read the following very carefully because it may very well save you from your stupidity -

No individual reacts the same as another, their very biological makeup prevents this from occurring.

Soo how does TFT teach you to utilize these reactions?
    You’ll pardon me if I don’t waste my time rebuking that very fanciful summary on your version of fighting reality. It’s just more of the same, “TFT says this, so it must be true.

Next on the topic of what if you were ambushed how does TFT help you then.
    *Bored expression*

Hmmmmm what else was there to talk about.... oh The colouring books.. I think Tim Larkin created a newsletter just for you man and i'll go find it and post it for you so that he can answer you himself, but for the record the mastery programe is for those preparing to be instructors, they already went through all the training and the Master instructors need to know that they know all the information about the human anatomy needed to teach this stuff to others, but there is no easy way to do this apart from sending them to med school because they all don't live in the same state.

K thats it for now
    Stick to your coloring books then, because it’s all you seem to really know anything about.

PS. Coloring books, will never make you a more effective fighter.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:21am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here is the Newsletter I was telling you about, and Be honoured because I'm sure he was reffering to you kungfool

What Color Crayon Should I Use For A Ruptured Spleen?

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the
    privilege.
    -Unknown

Internet chat rooms are interesting arenas.

I received an email the other day from a client who
    forwarded some comments made about the TFT Mastery
    Program from one of these "chat" forums. TFT Mastery
    is a program designed to educate and train clients who
    desire to become TFT trainers.

The program has rigorous physical and academic
    standards. It is designed as such to produce trainers
    who can instruct the system physically and explain the
    physical trauma accurately. The physical part of the
    training occurs at the live seminars held throughout
    the year. Training time is logged and candidates are
    tested at every juncture to gauge their progress.

The academic portion is done online in between the
    seminars and, again, lessons are given and knowledge
    is tested. One of the tools I use is the "Anatomy
    Coloring Book" which is a standard text most medical
    schools use to quickly train students on the human
    body and its components.

The method of color-coding different bones, joints,
    and nerves has proved to be a time-tested method for
    rapid assimilation of this information as well as
    providing long-term ability to recall the information.

A TFT trainer is not just physically able to show you
    how to fight but must be able to accurately explain
    the trauma inflicted to the other guy as you strike
    these specific targets on the human body.

A certain "chat room black belt" was deriding any
    program that used coloring books and wondered if
    Crayola crayons were issued to TFT Mastery candidates.
    Which just goes to show how one-dimensional most
    combat sport and martial arts practitioners are when
    it comes to trauma.

They just want to see a new "technique" rather than
    understand how to systematically shut down the other
    guy(s) by understanding how to effectively deliver
    trauma to vulnerable areas of the human body.

To be able to deliver a strike is only one half of the
    equation -- to know where to deliver the strike for
    maximum effect -- EVERY TIME -- is truly the acme of
    skill in hand-to-hand combat.

So I'll let the "internet warriors" have fun with my
    coloring book requirements but they may be surprised
    what you can learn with a box of crayons...

Until next time,

Tim Larkin
    Creator of Target-Focus(TM) Training
    Gee, I guess you showed me.

Folks, this is why I consider TFT followers retarded. Oh another thing, if TFT has to put out a newsletter just to refute what I have to say, then they have every reason to be concerned and I've accomplished what I've set out to do.
    Last edited by Kungfoolss; 12/28/2006 12:55am at .
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:31am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceLost

And what happens if you miss and DON'T get your reflex reaction? Or if he's high or in the middle of an adrenaline dump and gets reduced nerve input and thus, you don't get your reflex reaction? Then he sinks the choke and you're done.
    What the TFT sycophant fails to realize, is that it's possible through direct CNS input to override the somatic reflex arc. I can only assume that TFT brainwashing seminars doesn't allow for this inconvenient truth.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:39am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No actually I was just going to say to each his on, But My goal was to provide a response to the post from someone who had a bit more knowledge on the topic to give a somewhat balanced view of the system and I've done that.
    Shoveling information on TFT fluff, I'll grant you that. However, selling a philosophy mired in medical inaccuracies as gospel, you failed miserably and convinced nobody.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 12:50am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

It's the punch to the liver that took out Oscar De Lahoya,

This is not to say that TFT did'nt carry out there own tests on thier system
    This is why you're an idiot. Forget the fact that the liver shot was delivered in the 9th round of the fight or that the multitude of other punches De lahoya received up to that point or even what part physical fatigue played into that liver strike. But nooo, you want us to believe because some guy k.o.'d De lahoya with a liver punch (ignoring all the variables present), that you can achieve that same results on a fresh attacker within the first 3 seconds of a fight.

You're a retard.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    12/28/2006 4:06am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman140
    What you train is ultimately what you do. Ever hear of the guy that disarmed an attacker with a gun only to give him back the gun for another "turn" ? If you train to miss in class (no contact TKD tornament rules) you won't make contact on the street effectively. I can cause a lot of joint pain in class but I can say that I've never actually broken a joint on purpose in class. Fingers,elbows,knees seem about the extent of realistic joint breaking on the street to me.
    The point is whether or not TFT fantasy fighters can reproduce the medical, trauma-based damage they claim is possible under 'alive' conditions. This doofus is going around boasting how a kick to the groin will - without fail - rupture the testicals. We've all been hit there hard by a kick, a ball, or whatever, I'd be willing to bet over 95% of the time the damage was negligible and not permanent.

People wonder why I have a problem with TFT, well this guy is the perfect example of it.
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast