Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    12/22/2006 9:58am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK I've read a bit and havn't changed my mind. How do they know these strikes actually inflict the proposed trauma? They can't know. These strikes are too deadly to know.

Here's looking at you, squid.

Posted On:
    12/22/2006 10:02am

Join us... or die
     Style: Ke?po, MMA ultra-newb

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But years of study and experimentation on willingly compliant subjects who study with the founders of the style have PROVEN those strikes to work consistently!

Posted On:
    12/22/2006 10:14am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you're going to make up a system always thow in ninjitsu. It's completely invented anyway so why not?

Posted On:
    12/22/2006 10:22am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, but people are on to that now...that's why 'science' is the answer. It's for deluded LARPers who've become disgruntled with pretending to be sneaky Japanese assassins and turned to something that they can explain somewhat rationally while still not actually pressure testing anything.

Posted On:
    12/22/2006 9:56pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What if I was to come up with:

"Scientific Ninjitsu Combatives System"

"This system was passed down from ancient ninjitsu masters to navy SEALS, some of which were in jail and added filthy dirty secret of prison fighting. Through extensive research by top Soviet scientists into the nature of chi, we have developed a one hour program which will destroy any grappler, knife wielding gang or homeless black person."

Posted On:
    12/23/2006 1:39am

Style: BJJ,MT,RBSD (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virus
    What if I was to come up with:

"Scientific Ninjitsu Combatives System"

"This system was passed down from ancient ninjitsu masters to navy SEALS, some of which were in jail and added filthy dirty secret of prison fighting. Through extensive research by top Soviet scientists into the nature of chi, we have developed a one hour program which will destroy any grappler, knife wielding gang or homeless black person."
    What about homeless hispanics, and deadly calculator wielding asians?

Oh, and some people beat you to it .. .sort of

Rick Tew's Martial Science and Tew Ryu Ninjitsu

Daniel Verkerke, Awarded 9th. Dan Black Belt Ninjutsu sanctioned by the Scientific Martial Arts International Association

Science of Ninja Magic

And finally ...

System of a Down + Naruto = Scientific Ninjutsu

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/23/2006 9:05am

Style: Violence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No actually I was just going to say to each his on, But My goal was to provide a response to the post from someone who had a bit more knowledge on the topic to give a somewhat balanced view of the system and I've done that.

Posted On:
    12/23/2006 1:37pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nutriding FTW!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    12/25/2006 12:18pm

Style: Violence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh sorry about that did'nt think I needed to put my resume online but just for reference have been involved in Hapkido for the past 7 years and have other Martial art schools in my background but I don't consider them relevant to actual survival skills on the street. And though I've Learnt a lot from all of those other schools, when I was introduced to TFT I found it very hard to go back to what I did before, So at the moment I'm still trying to balance both but I know in the end I'd most likly give up all those years of training (though very hard to bring myself to do) for the knowledge I got in those 2 & 1/2 days because the principles simply have way too much confliting views on violence.

So with that said Thank you for the contructive arguments and hope to talk to you guys again on another thread.

P.S. Hey Virus just to touch on the question you ask about how they know the strikes cause the trauma they speak about. These targets are nothing new, its not some ninja 5 point death touch, its targets that we all know about. Its the knee to the side of the leg that your bigger brother use to do to you to give you that dead leg, its the head butt to the solar plexus from Zidane Zidane (not sure if I spelt that properly) it's the knee in the groin that everyman on the planet has most liklely experienced at some point of their lives, It's the punch to the liver that took out Oscar De Lahoya, everyone knows about most of the targets its just that some schools only pay lip service to the proper targeting of these targets.

This is not to say that TFT did'nt carry out there own tests on thier system
    Last edited by curby82; 12/25/2006 12:42pm at .

Posted On:
    12/26/2006 12:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its the knee to the side of the leg that your bigger brother use to do to you to give you that dead leg
    Frequently used by law enforcement (as a knee strike to the common peroneal), which frequently doesn't work correctly.

t's the knee in the groin that everyman on the planet has most liklely experienced at some point of their lives
    I've seen someone ignore two knees to the groin in a fight in a bar because he was drunk and furious. Later, they were swollen enough that the jail refused to take him without medical treatment, but he fought damn hard after those strikes.

its the head butt to the solar plexus
    Against an unsuspecting opponent...?
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast