Sponsored Links Spacer Image

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 11:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I personally like Mr. Larkin, he's a great guy, however that doesn't not absolve or negate the fact that there is something seriously wrong with his target focus training program.

As an example, much like TFT's 'shoot yourself in the ass' technique 9, this makes no sense when you closely examine it.

Quote: "This on gets right to the heart of what TFT is about. By the way... in the background you're watching as TFT Mastery Program participants work separately from first-time attendees.

Tim Larkin on Injury. In the background you're watching TFT Mastery Program participants.

Unlike most folks would, I focused all my attention on the participants working out in the background. Supposedly, that's considered "mastery," I see it as ineptness. The TFT participants look clumsy and appear hesitant. Now, I'm sure it's not their fault being beginners and all, but if that's considered a cut above the norm, that's a pretty sad state of affairs. Check it out for yourself ->

Here's Your 5th Video Clip from
    the new TFT Live Training series...

and here too, pay attention to the guys working out in the background.
    Last edited by Kungfoolss; 3/19/2007 11:07pm at .
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

By the Hoary Hand of Hoggoth.....

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 11:13pm

Style: JKD & Mok'bara

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This bullshit http://www.targetfocusweapons.com/headblue.html all you need to read.
    to realise the system is crapola of the highest order.

There is nothing I can add that I have not said before, but anyone who cannot see beyond this delusional rhetoric is a damn fool.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 11:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's another clip of two "mastery" students working out. Basically, what it comes down to is each individual is roll playing for the other. While there is a benefit to this sort of training, an over reliance on it will produce delusional fighters, such as Curly. From what I can see of these two students working out, there is a distinct lack of power in the body mechanics. The strikes are weak and lack focus, this would never work if an attacker outweighed the TFT student by 60 lb. It just wouldn't produce the intended result.

Quote: "Two Target-Focus Training Mastery Program students demonstrating a Free Fighting exercise.

This is faster than first-time participants go. Beginners do these for 5 minutes at a time.

These guys have gone 40 minutes -- without stopping AND without duplicating the same sequence twice!

The thing that gets me is the last sentence, "gone for 40 minutes -- without stopping," had I been the instructor, I would've stopped them in 30 seconds and said, "Okay, stop you guys, you're fighting like girls. The way you're delivering your strikes isn't going to hurt anyone, this is how you should be doing it." Afterward, I'd march their asses over to a heavy bag for a 10-minute workout.
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Posted On:
    3/19/2007 11:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was "roll playing" a typo or have you ingeniously coined a new phrase for LARPing on teh floor?

I'm stealing it for future use by the way.....

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    3/20/2007 12:01am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal MAP
    Was "roll playing" a typo or have you ingeniously coined a new phrase for LARPing on teh floor?

I'm stealing it for future use by the way.....
    I thought everybody used it. I've seen it used before.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/31/2007 7:10pm

Style: wing chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    didnt tim larkin used to be a student of jerry peterson and carry on about how great scars training was? theres plenty of posts and threads about that b.s. already here.

far as tft goes, it sounds like repackaged scars. that hit somebody and they will ALWAYS react in a certain way stuff. theres a saying in western boxing about everyone having a plan until they get hit. easy to say your going to do this before that . little more difficult to pull of with a person resisting.

and it should remind people of american kenpo. parker learned some things from jimmy woo of san soo. who in turn was bill husseys instructor. and peterson was a student of hussey. finally larkin was a student of peterson. same concept getting kicked around by different name.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 2:39am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    bwdillon-don't accuse me of talking like Mr. Miyagi, but you have alot of good judgment and and insight (based on your posts) to only be 18; I commend you.

Posted On:
    8/11/2007 7:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mark123
    bwdillon-don't accuse me of talking like Mr. Miyagi, but you have alot of good judgment and and insight (based on your posts) to only be 18; I commend you.
    What the blue lazes are you talking about?

:englishmo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    8/13/2007 5:37am

Style: Muay Thai, RBSD Concepts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    everyone gets full of **** eventually if they are allowed to believe their own crap. if the only person who thinks a system works is the creator its a little suspect. I enjoy the RBSD concepts but have yet to be sucked in to marketing that promises the power of a cyborg in 5 hours through watching DVDs.

RBSD isnt the only guilty party in the bullshit department. every style/system has its wack jobs.

while humans are involved, someone is talking **** somewhere.

Posted On:
    12/06/2007 5:56pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by curby82
    thats why me sparring with a partner does me no good in preparing for violence because noone comes up to you at the ATM and demands your money in thier karate stance,
    I think this is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by [Kungfoolss
    Here's the thing junior, the way you go on and on about affecting the somatic nervous system you're all hung up on, you'll never be able to pull it off without working out on a heavy bag/muay thai pads/kicking shield/whatever. You simply will not be able to generate the structural power necessary to affect another individual the way you claim because the motor skills of the left side of the brain have not been conditioned to this form of body resistance.
    Can you please explain why you say this? I'm confident I can kick someone in the balls withouth needing to train on a heavy bag. Or if I get the opportunity, strike someone in the neck with my elbow, or whatever.
    Last edited by Improviser; 12/06/2007 6:02pm at .
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51112131415 16 LastLast